- Camp Lejeune holds suicide prevention event Updated: Sep-23-15 9:12 am
CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina - Camp Lejeune is providing resources to let Marines and their families know where to turn if they have suicidal thoughts.
- Hundreds lie down in Lithuania to highlight suicide rate Updated: Sep-22-15 2:53 pm
VILNIUS, Lithuania - Hundreds of Lithuanians have lain down on a cold, granite square in downtown Vilnius to draw attention to the high suicide rate that has caused concern in the Baltic country.
- EXCHANGE: Tattoos inked to promote suicide prevention Updated: Sep-18-15 6:33 am
FREEPORT, Illinois - Elaine Larsen of Lena remembers her stepson Cody with love. Since 2011, she and her husband, Andrew, have had to come to grips with Cody taking his own life.
- Veterans Affairs official to view New York-based crisis line Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 am
CANANDAIGUA, New York - A Veterans Affairs official will visit a crisis line based in upstate New York as part of the military's suicide prevention efforts.
- State review finds many Montana suicides males, veterans Updated: Sep-16-15 5:14 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A team looking into Montana's high suicide rate has found that of the 243 completed suicides in the state in 2014, 81 percent were males and nearly a quarter were veterans.
- Reported suicide attempts among New Mexico teenagers drop Updated: Sep-14-15 2:56 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The number of New Mexico teenagers who reported attempting suicide in 2013 has decreased by more than a third from a decade earlier, but the rate of young people in the state who kill themselves still remains above the national average, according to a report from health officials.
- BY THE NUMBERS: Suicide prevention week in Japan Updated: Sep-10-15 3:28 am
TOKYO - Japan launched suicide prevention week on Thursday, part of a global World Health Organization effort marking Sept. 10 as World Suicide Prevention Day.