- Canada's assisted suicide bill approved by House of Commons Updated: May-31-16 6:36 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Canada's House of Commons has passed the government's proposed assisted suicide law.
- Murfreesboro hospice patient meets basketball player Updated: May-29-16 11:37 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Back in the 1990s, avid sports fan Harvey Branch worked across the street from Shelbyville Central High School, home to the nationally famous Golden Eaglettes. He began closely following the winning girls' basketball team, which had garnered many wins and a national title, explained Branch's daughter Jennifer Frank.
- Community coping with loss of girl in freak rodeo accident Updated: May-28-16 12:55 pm
BUTLER, Missouri - A 12-year-old Missouri girl's death in a freak rodeo accident has many in her community struggling to find words to express their grief for a family who has lived there for generations.
- Right-to-die bill clears NY legislative hurdle Updated: May-24-16 12:40 am
ALBANY, New York - A bill that would authorize people with terminal illnesses to request life-ending drugs from a physician has cleared a hurdle in New York's state Legislature.
- Songs for the dying: Hospice choirs provide peace, comfort Updated: May-23-16 4:49 pm
NEWTON, Massachusetts - The singers enter single file, taking slow, deliberate steps as they intone a soft melody.
- Students return after 2 classmates killed after prom Updated: May-16-16 9:02 am
BRIDGETON, New Jersey - Grief counselors and chaplains are on hand at a New Jersey school after two students died in a crash and two others were injured following their prom.
- Denver Zoo euthanizes 40-year-old orangutan named Robin Updated: May-06-16 10:00 pm
DENVER - A 40-year-old orangutan that called the Denver Zoo home for 20 years has been euthanized because of health problems that weren't improving.
- 2 Southern California doctors guilty in hospice fraud scheme Updated: May-05-16 8:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two Southern California doctors have been convicted of Medicare fraud for falsely certifying patients were terminally ill - making them eligible for taxpayer-funded hospice care.