- Colorado right-to-die bill approved by House panel Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 am
DENVER - A Democrat-led state House committee has approved a Colorado right-to-die bill that would provide a legal option for the terminally ill to end their lives.
- Man admits killing Dutch ex-minister over euthanasia law Updated: Feb-04-16 1:10 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A man accused of killing a former Dutch health minister admitted the slaying at a court hearing Thursday, claiming it was an "order from God" because she was responsible for the Netherlands' euthanasia law.
- French lawmakers approve terminal sedation, not euthanasia Updated: Jan-27-16 5:14 pm
PARIS - France's Parliament has approved a bill that will let doctors keep terminally ill patients sedated until death comes but stops short of legalizing euthanasia or assisted suicide.
- Larger-than-life Nashville politician Hooker dead at 85 Updated: Jan-24-16 12:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A family friend said larger-than-life Nashville political figure John Jay Hooker Jr., who spent his last days fighting to make physician-assisted suicide legal in Tennessee, died on Sunday at 85.
- Advocates holding 'Assembly for Life' rally this weekend Updated: Jan-24-16 9:08 am
BOSTON - Advocates are holding their annual "Assembly for Life" rally this weekend to urge lawmakers to reject an assisted suicide bill.
- Quilts provide some comfort in sad situations Updated: Jan-23-16 2:02 am
ROSEBURG, Oregon - The black body bag on the gurney had a gruesome, stark look to it.
- VA allowing dying paratrooper to spend last days with wife Updated: Jan-22-16 10:47 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - The Veterans Administration is allowing a 92-year-old World War II veteran who is dying of cancer to spend his last days with his wife in a Colorado nursing home that is not approved by the agency, but his family says he is probably too close to death to move.
- Guidelines issued for California's assisted suicide law Updated: Jan-20-16 12:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - With just months until the state's assisted suicide law goes into effect, the California Medical Association has issued guidelines to doctors on writing prescriptions of lethal doses of medication for terminally ill patients.
- Arizona Democrat introduces death with dignity measure Updated: Jan-19-16 4:13 pm
PHOENIX - A Democratic lawmaker has introduced a bill granting terminally ill patients the right to take their own lives with prescription life-ending drugs.
- Pope visits elderly, hospice as part of Holy Year of Mercy Updated: Jan-15-16 1:24 pm
ROME - Pope Francis has visited a residence for the elderly and a home for people in vegetative states as part of his charity activities for his Holy Year of Mercy.
- Advocates for assisted suicide push for NY law Updated: Jan-12-16 1:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - Advocates of medically assisted suicide want New York lawmakers to pass legislation authorizing terminally ill patients to request drugs to end their lives. But they acknowledge the measure faces significant challenges.