- Hawaii bill seeks to allow growing marijuana outdoors Updated: Feb-12-16 7:36 pm
HONOLULU - Some Hawaii lawmakers and advocates say medical marijuana dispensary applicants could be at a disadvantage because health department rules don't allow greenhouses.
- Bill would make men confirm marriage for ED medication Updated: Feb-12-16 7:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky state lawmaker has filed a bill that would require men have at least two office visits and swear on a Bible they are married before a doctor could prescribe them erectile dysfunction medication.
- Head of LeafLine to step down Updated: Feb-12-16 6:37 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The head of one of Minnesota's two medical marijuana providers is leaving the company, just eight months after moving there from his oversight role with the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Ohio leaders say medical marijuana issue isn't going away Updated: Feb-11-16 6:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislative leaders and statewide officers weighed in Thursday on how Ohio should address the issue of medical marijuana, with most agreeing that the matter is not going away.
- The Latest: Taylor has no problem letting voters decide pot Updated: Feb-11-16 4:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest from a forum for journalists organized by The Associated Press (all times local):
- Augusta education board approves medical marijuana policy Updated: Feb-11-16 3:22 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Augusta Board of Education has approved a policy that would allow students to use medical marijuana to manage various medical conditions.
- Medical pot advocates oppose proposed Rhode Island plant tax Updated: Feb-11-16 3:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Medical marijuana advocates are opposing an annual $350-per-plant fee that Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo wants to impose on some growers as part of her budget plan.
- Excise tax on medical marijuana sales proposed in California Updated: Feb-10-16 4:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A state senator from Northern California has introduced a bill that would impose a 15 percent tax on retail sales of medical marijuana.
- Colorado marijuana sales total close to $1 billion in 2015 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:03 am
DENVER - New state data shows that Colorado marijuana businesses sold nearly $1 billion in recreational and medical cannabis last year.
- Australia commits to legal growing of medicinal marijuana Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australian lawmakers committed on Wednesday to legalize the growing of marijuana for medical use within a part of the world renowned for zero-tolerance and harsh penalties for illegal drugs.
- Kansas Senate advances bill to decrease Medicaid drug costs Updated: Feb-09-16 6:36 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A bill designed to cut Kansas' costs in providing prescription drugs for poor and disabled residents has received first-round approval in the state Senate.
- Some Republicans announce support for medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Some Republican House lawmakers announced their support Tuesday for new legislation that would create a system for manufacturing, distributing and possessing some forms of medical marijuana in Iowa, though it's unclear what type of backing the bill will get from party leaders.
- FDA panel backs lower-cost version of J&J's top-selling drug Updated: Feb-09-16 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health advisers on Tuesday endorsed a lower-cost version of Johnson & Johnson's blockbuster Remicade, a pricey biotech medicine used to treat a number of inflammatory diseases.
- Right-to-die legislation renews debate in Albany Updated: Feb-09-16 4:59 pm
ALBANY, New York - Two Assembly members and other advocates of letting the terminally ill end their lives said Tuesday their proposed law would limit suffering and has safeguards to prevent mistakes and abuse.
- Gun, drug, car deaths loom large in US longevity gap: Study Updated: Feb-09-16 1:36 pm
CHICAGO - Guns, drugs and cars contribute substantially to the life-expectancy gap between the United States and other developed nations, a study found.
- Bill would give unused medication donations to those in need Updated: Feb-09-16 11:51 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker is sponsoring a bill that would donate unused prescription drugs to people in need.
- CVS meets 4Q profit forecasts, reaffirms 2016 outlook Updated: Feb-09-16 11:47 am
Acquisitions helped CVS Health's fourth-quarter profit climb 13 percent, and leaders of the drugstore operator and pharmacy benefits manager said Tuesday that they expect to reap more gains from their deal making later this year.
- Facebook restores page for medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Feb-08-16 6:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Facebook has restored the business page of one of three New Jersey medical marijuana dispensaries it shut down last week for violating the social media company's policy against promoting the sale of drugs.
- Senate leader: Utah medical pot plan may not be dead Updated: Feb-08-16 3:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The president of the Utah state Senate says a bill allowing the medical use of edible pot products may not be dead on arrival just because the Mormon church opposes it.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Woody Harrelson story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Feb. 5 about actor Woody Harrelson applying for a medical marijuana license in Hawaii, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of another business seeking a medical marijuana dispensary license. It is Blue Planet Healing, not Blue Planet Foundation.
- State says painkiller prescriptions continue to fall in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 1:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Painkiller prescribing continues to fall in Ohio as health and law enforcement authorities battle a deadly addictions epidemic, according to data released by the state Monday.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-06-16 11:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers.
- Nurseries request cultivation authorization in Florida Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The nurseries selected to cultivate and distribute the first medical marijuana in Florida have requested cultivation authorization.
- Congress unites in scorn for Shkreli, but gridlock remains Updated: Feb-05-16 2:59 pm
WASHINGTON - A smirking Martin Shkreli briefly united Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill this week, as lawmakers took turns blasting the price-hiking former CEO who has become the new poster child for corporate greed.