- Australian cancer con woman faces lawsuit for deception Updated: May-06-16 7:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Officials say Australian author and blogger Belle Gibson faces a possible government lawsuit after admitting that she lied about beating a normally deadly brain tumor through healthy eating and natural therapies.
- 'Million-dollar man' uses marathon to rebuild his life Updated: May-06-16 5:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - He's supposed to be angry. Right? Angry at the tie rod for busting, angry at all the pain that followed, angry that he'll never get his old life back. His SUV slammed into the median at 60 mph that day, and before it could somersault across the highway, it tried to slice off John Miller's legs.
- Study: 'Biggest Loser' contestants have slower metabolisms Updated: May-03-16 5:35 pm
CHICAGO - A new study has found that many competitors on NBC's "The Biggest Loser" leave the show with a slower metabolism, making it more difficult to keep off the pounds.
- Man accused in killing of camper, yoga teacher pleads guilty Updated: May-02-16 6:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One of three young transients accused of killing a Canadian who was camping during a music festival and a yoga teacher who was walking a dog pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday.
- Beatrice woman attributes bone strength to water aerobics Updated: May-01-16 10:59 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - There was a time when Doris Ourecky's bones were like that of a 100-year-old. She hadn't yet turned 70, the Beatrice Daily Sun (http://bit.ly/1YVtpYR ) reports.
- Competition heats up among Des Moines specialty grocers Updated: Apr-30-16 4:03 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three new specialty food stores have opened in the Des Moines area since last fall, joining an already competitive grocery market and a string of established grocers in Iowa that sell ethnic, gourmet and health-conscious food.
- Wyoming Downs struggles with new horse race machines Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of two companies licensed to operate historic horse racing machines in Wyoming has closed half of its locations and reduced hours at the others in recent months.
- Efforts to help Flint amid water crisis get $520,000 boost Updated: Apr-27-16 7:21 am
FLINT, Michigan - The Community Foundation of Greater Flint is distributing more than $520,000 to help deal with Flint's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Effort brings yoga demonstrations to Flint amid water crisis Updated: Apr-26-16 8:46 am
FLINT, Michigan - An effort is bringing yoga demonstrations to students, parents and teachers in Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Tourist in yoga airplane altercation allowed to fly to Korea Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 pm
HONOLULU - A tourist whose desire to do yoga on a plane led to his arrest is being allowed to leave Hawaii and return home to South Korea.
- Workers killed on job in New Hampshire to be honored Updated: Apr-25-16 12:19 am
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health is hosting a memorial dinner for families of those killed on the job in 2015.
- Weight loss plans show results at Peoria-area wildlife park Updated: Apr-22-16 3:00 pm
HANNA CITY, Illinois - Wildlife Prairie Park is seeing promising results with the weight loss plans it implemented for many of the animals living at the facility outside of Peoria.
- Video of Army airborne drop shows Humvees falling from sky Updated: Apr-22-16 10:28 am
BERLIN - A U.S. Army airborne exercise in Germany is attracting more than a million viewers on social media after a video surfaced showing a Humvee breaking free of its rigging and plummeting to the ground, followed by another - and another.
- Michigan boosts healthy food efforts amid Flint water crisis Updated: Apr-21-16 12:31 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Michigan is boosting efforts to provide healthy food to Flint residents amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Michigan man credits time in jail for helping weight loss Updated: Apr-21-16 6:42 am
IONIA, Michigan - A 63-year-old man who is jailed in Michigan says his time behind bars helped him shed a lot of extra weight.
- Virgin Galactic returns to Spaceport America for exercises Updated: Apr-20-16 9:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - It was nothing but clear, blue skies as the sleek, jet-powered plane approached the runway at Spaceport America in southern New Mexico, only to briefly touch down and then thrust off again.
- NYPD seeks suspect after park jogger resists armed attacker Updated: Apr-20-16 10:52 am
NEW YORK - Police are looking for a suspect after a jogger reported she that fought off an armed attacker in Brooklyn's Prospect Park.
- Broward sheriff injured after hit by vehicle while jogging Updated: Apr-20-16 6:07 am
DAVIE, Florida - Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has been released from the hospital after deputies say he was hit by a vehicle while jogging in Davie.
- Can soup save the city? Updated: Apr-16-16 9:57 am
CINCINNATI - The month of cauliflower was weird. Like, 'What do we do with all this cauliflower?' weird. They made soup.
- 30-day suspension upheld for Denver officer who shoved man Updated: Apr-13-16 11:00 am
DENVER - The Denver Civil Service Commission has upheld a 30-day suspension for a police officer who shoved a man while working security at a bar in 2014.
- BMI tells teen she's obese; she has reply Updated: Apr-13-16 5:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Tessa Embry has never thought of herself as obese. A catcher for her travel softball team, the eighth-grader is generally positive about her body image. Her mother describes her 14-year-old daughter as muscular and strong. Her doctor deems her perfectly healthy and fit.
- Boot Camp helps Greensburg firefighters stay fit Updated: Apr-11-16 10:32 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Tom Bell knew something had to give.
- Cops get fit with new gym thanks to pastor's generosity Updated: Apr-11-16 9:12 am
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - The city's police officers have a new gym to work out in, thanks to the generosity of the Rev. Robert Lawrence.
- Tewksbury installs monuments honoring Revolutionary War past Updated: Apr-11-16 6:48 am
TEWKSBURY, Massachusetts - The Tewksbury Historical Society has begun installing monuments to honor Revolutionary War veterans along a historic walking trail in the northeast Massachusetts town.
- Riverdale to track users of its Mississippi River Trail Updated: Apr-09-16 1:59 pm
RIVERDALE, Iowa - The city of Riverdale says it plans to track the number of walkers, joggers and cyclists on its stretch of the Mississippi River Trail this June.