- Yoga serving as inspiration for Aguilera's new music Updated: Oct-07-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Yoga is serving as inspiration for Christina Aguilera's upcoming album.
- Ben Gordon goes vegan for a stint, notices improved energy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ben Gordon ate avocados any time of day for their healthy fat, and also fueled his workouts with oatmeal and different juices or nutrient-rich smoothies.
- Wal-Mart expands protein bars to main grocery aisles Updated: Oct-06-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Protein and health bars at Wal-Mart are getting ready for prime time.
- 2 Indiana women mauled by pack of dogs, 1 critically injured Updated: Oct-02-15 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two young women mauled by a pack of dogs as they were taking an evening walk may not have survived if a motorist who noticed their ordeal had not driven into a remote field to rescue them, a northern Indiana sheriff said Friday.
- Vicksburg gets grant for Halls Ferry trail Updated: Oct-01-15 6:42 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The city of Vicksburg will be getting another walking trail paid for in part by a $99,000 federal Recreational Trails Program grant administered by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks.
- FTC: Weight loss co. threatened users who wrote bad reviews Updated: Sep-28-15 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - The Federal Trade Commission said Monday that it is suing weight loss supplement company Roca Labs for threatening to sue customers that complained or wrote negative reviews online about its products.
- Leesburg police offering runners tips after 2 attacks Updated: Sep-26-15 6:14 pm
LEESBURG, Virginia - Leesburg police are offering runners tips to help keep them safe after two women were attacked this week while running in Loudoun County.
- Peoples Health donates $240K to Meals on Wheels Updated: Sep-24-15 1:41 pm
KENNER, Louisiana - A $240,000 donation from Peoples Health will ensure that 1,200 Jefferson Parish senior citizens and disabled residents will receive a meal daily.
- Police: University of Georgia student fought off attacker Updated: Sep-23-15 4:31 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Athens-Clarke County police are searching for a man who authorities say attacked a University of Georgia student on the North Oconee River Greenway trail.
- UNH Manchester partners with YMCA Updated: Sep-21-15 4:01 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Students at the University of New Hampshire in Manchester have a new way to exercise their bodies as well as their minds.
- Vegan lifestyle transforms couple's life Updated: Sep-20-15 3:20 pm
WINCHESTER, Oregon - Last month, Joe Clyde's neurologist told him he has the slowest-progressing case of Parkinson's disease he's ever seen.
- Dubuque academy teaches ballet to adults as well as kids Updated: Sep-19-15 10:42 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - You point your toes and extend your pink slipper clad foot forward. Your mind is clear of anything outside the studio walls as you raise your arms and step into the next turn.
- Another food fight? Congress mulls school meal standards Updated: Sep-18-15 3:40 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is deciding whether it wants another pitched battle with first lady Michelle Obama and the administration over school lunches that put more whole grains in kids' meals and cut salty foods.
- Under Armour aims to double its revenue by 2018 Updated: Sep-16-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - Sports apparel maker Under Armour said Wednesday it aims to double its revenue by 2018.
- Smarter Siri, better battery life in Apple software update Updated: Sep-16-15 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - Apple's iPhones and iPads are getting free software updates Wednesday, including battery improvements and a smarter virtual assistant.
- Target, developing healthier habits, hands workers Fitbits Updated: Sep-16-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Target is going on a health kick, aimed at both customers and its employees.
- Fitness programs help campus rabbis shape up Updated: Sep-12-15 10:25 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - As an Orthodox Jew, Rabbi Moshe Gray may not need a cross. But CrossFit? That's another story.
- In Zimbabwe, a cemetery has become an exercise hotspot Updated: Sep-11-15 7:37 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Caroline Vumbunu believes that exercising among the dead helps prolong her life.
- Mondelez plans to concentrate more on healthy snacks Updated: Sep-10-15 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - Mondelez, the company behind the Oreo and Cadbury brands, says that it plans to have 50 percent of its portfolio contain healthy snacks within the next five years.
- New York City to require salt warnings on restaurant menus Updated: Sep-09-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - Salty fare from sandwiches to salads will soon come with a first-of-its-kind warning label at chain restaurants in New York City.
- Surgeon general calls for steps to promote healthy walking Updated: Sep-09-15 12:01 am
WASHINGTON - Take a walk: That's the U.S. surgeon general's prescription for sedentary Americans - but communities will have to step up, too, and make neighborhoods easier and safer for foot traffic.