- PTSD patients sue Colorado over marijuana decision Updated: Aug-21-15 5:10 pm
DENVER - Colorado's decision not to allow marijuana to treat post-traumatic stress disorder has prompted a lawsuit by PTSD sufferers.
- Charity: Man killed after North Carolina standoff had PTSD Updated: Aug-20-15 5:16 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An Army veteran who suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder was killed in an exchange of gunfire with law enforcement at a church in the North Carolina mountains, officials and a charity said Thursday.
- Questions and answers about the war wound 'moral injury' Updated: Aug-15-15 9:29 am
A psychological wound known as moral injury is gaining attention in the aftermath of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, with veterans now being treated for these injuries to the soul - even as medical experts debate whether moral injury is a condition unto itself or a subset of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Soldier's journey to heal spotlights 'soul wounds' of war Updated: Aug-15-15 9:21 am
SAN DIEGO - "It was just another day in Mosul," the soldier began, his voice shaking. Sgt. 1st Class Marshall Powell took a deep breath. He couldn't look at the other three servicemen in the group therapy session.
- Effort to help firefighters, police, military with PTSD Updated: Aug-04-15 9:40 am
DETROIT - An effort at Wayne State University seeks to design and implement a treatment model for police officers, firefighters and military veterans who experience Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
- Judge denies appeal of condition for using pot for PTSD Updated: Jul-30-15 1:50 pm
PHOENIX - Medical marijuana advocates have lost a court challenge to conditions set by Arizona health officials for post-traumatic stress sufferers seeking to qualify for treatment.