- Proposal would cut Medicaid coverage for some pregnant women Updated: Jun-01-15 11:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State senators are taking a hard look at a proposal in Republican Gov. John Kasich's budget that would eliminate Medicaid health coverage for certain pregnant women and others who the administration says can get insurance through the federal marketplace.
- Police say fetus found in sewage plant likely miscarried Updated: May-30-15 2:46 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Police say a 7-inch-long fetus discovered at a Wailuku-Kahului sewage treatment plant was likely a miscarriage that could not have survived outside of its mother's womb.
- Newton mom sentenced following 12-year-daughter's pregnancy Updated: May-30-15 2:05 pm
NEWTON, Iowa - A Newton mother convicted of child endangerment after her 12-year-old daughter became pregnant is now serving a 10-day jail sentence in the case.
- Prototype for 1st home pregnancy test going to auction Updated: May-28-15 12:08 pm
NEW YORK - The prototype for the first home pregnancy test is going on the auction block in New York City.
- Quadruplets born to 65-year-old mom still in critical phase Updated: May-27-15 9:47 am
BERLIN - Doctors say the week-old quadruplets born prematurely to 65-year-old Annegret Raunigk in Berlin are still in intensive care, but have been gaining a little weight and are being given their mother's milk through feeding tubes.
- Pioneer in spreading Lamaze childbirth method in US dies Updated: May-16-15 7:55 pm
NEW YORK - When Elisabeth Bing became interested in childbirth techniques in the 1950s, women were often heavily medicated, dads were generally nowhere near the delivery room and expectant parents had far less information than many do today.
- New blood tests, liquid biopsies, may transform cancer care Updated: May-11-15 3:37 pm
A new type of blood test is starting to transform cancer treatment, sparing some patients the surgical and needle biopsies long needed to guide their care.
- Woman paralyzed after childbirth awarded $35.4M in lawsuit Updated: May-08-15 3:04 am
DEDHAM, Massachusetts - Officials say a Massachusetts woman who became paralyzed following childbirth has been awarded $35.4 million in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Correction: Preemie Survival story Updated: May-07-15 12:22 pm
In a story May 6 about extremely premature babies, The Associated Press reported erroneously that 5½-year-old Dexter Brandy needs oxygen when he sleeps. He stopped needing oxygen at 10 months, his mother said.
- Mother says she was told to stop breastfeeding in court Updated: May-07-15 2:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - A mother says she was told to stop breastfeeding her baby during a hearing at a Lansing court, leading to a planned protest by a group of women.
- Pennsylvania's 1st breast milk bank to open in Pittsburgh Updated: May-06-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - The first breast milk bank that will service the entire state is set to open in Pittsburgh in late summer or early fall.
- NY enacting workplace pregnancy rights Updated: May-06-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly has passed bills intended to ensure workplace rights for pregnant employees and prohibit sexual harassment at even the smallest businesses.