- Oregon women could skip doctor's visit for birth control Updated: Jun-03-15 2:39 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers are considering a bill that could make their state the easiest place in the nation for women to access birth control.
- NYC schools can show students how to use condoms Updated: Jun-01-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - New York City public high schools can show students how to use condoms in high school health classes, a change from a previous policy that did not allow such demonstrations in classrooms.
- A look at the past week in the Oregon Legislature Updated: May-30-15 2:19 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Here's a look at highlights of the past week in the Oregon Legislature:
- Court won't exempt Notre Dame from birth control provision Updated: May-20-15 7:10 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A federal appeals court has rejected the University of Notre Dame's request to temporarily be exempt from a provision in the Affordable Care Act that requires the Catholic school's insurance providers to cover the costs of contraceptives for students and staff.
- Bill expanding birth control access in Oregon revived Updated: May-19-15 8:24 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A bill allowing women to access birth control without a doctor's prescription is once again moving through the Legislature after stalling in committee.
- US: Myanmar legislation on birth control 'dangerous' Updated: May-19-15 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. says legislation on population control approved by Myanmar's parliament is dangerous and could undermine the democratic hopes of minority groups.
- Feds close insurance loopholes on preventive care Updated: May-11-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - From contraception to colonoscopies, the Obama administration Monday closed a series of insurance loopholes on coverage of preventive care.