- Judge blocks Missouri from pulling clinic's abortion license Updated: Nov-30-15 6:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A judge on Monday temporarily blocked Missouri's health department from revoking the abortion license held by a Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia as its physician loses hospital privileges required under state law.
- High Court rules against Northern Ireland's abortion law Updated: Nov-30-15 9:53 am
LONDON - A Belfast High Court ruling is expected to ease Northern Ireland's strict anti-abortion laws to make it easier for women to terminate pregnancies in some cases.
- Cincinnati abortion clinic granted variance Updated: Nov-27-15 4:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Cincinnati abortion clinic can legally continue operating despite not having a required transfer agreement with a nearby hospital for emergencies, though that status lasts only about six months under Friday's decision from the state.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Report: US abortions continue to decline, down 4 pct in 2012 Updated: Nov-25-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. abortions continue to fall, according to a new federal report released Wednesday.
- Missouri down to 1 abortion clinic after Columbia stops them Updated: Nov-24-15 7:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia has stopped performing abortions, leaving only one clinic in the state still offering them.
- Federal court rules Wisconsin abortion law unconstitutional Updated: Nov-23-15 6:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin law that requires abortion providers to get admitting privileges at nearby hospitals is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court panel ruled Monday.
- Planned Parenthood sues Texas over blocked Medicaid dollars Updated: Nov-23-15 5:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Planned Parenthood sued again Monday over efforts by Republican governors to block Medicaid funding to the nation's largest abortion provider, this time against Texas, where the organization says health care access to 13,500 women is on the line.
- Both sides pressure Mizzou over Planned Parenthood ties Updated: Nov-20-15 2:48 pm
- Utah lawmakers planning bill to defund Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-18-15 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two Utah lawmakers said Wednesday they're planning to propose legislation that would defund Planned Parenthood in the state and restrict late-term abortions.
- Alaska appeals abortion funding decision Updated: Nov-06-15 9:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state of Alaska is appealing a judge's decision that found a state law and regulation further defining what constitutes a medically necessary abortion for purposes of Medicaid funding to be unconstitutional.
- Many using HealthSourceRI put in plans limiting abortion Updated: Nov-06-15 10:33 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Many subscribers in Rhode Island's health insurance marketplace have been automatically switched to plans for 2016 that offer minimal abortion coverage.
- Pruitt asks Oklahoma Supreme Court to uphold abortion law Updated: Nov-05-15 6:55 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Attorney General Scott Pruitt is asking Oklahoma's highest court to uphold a state law that restricts the use of abortion-inducing drugs.
- South Bend abortion provider ends appeal of revoking license Updated: Nov-05-15 12:55 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Longtime abortion provider Dr. Ulrich Klopfer has stopped his appeal of a state health department motion to revoke his South Bend clinic's license.
- Health inspectors say abortion clinic abides by state laws Updated: Nov-02-15 7:10 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska health inspectors have cleared a physician of allegations that his Bellevue clinic violated state abortion laws.