- Victoria, heir to Swedish throne, is pregnant with 2nd child Updated: Sep-04-15 2:01 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sweden's royal palace says Crown Princess Victoria and her husband, Prince Daniel, are expecting their second child in March.
- Alabama opening breast milk bank for pre-term babies Updated: Sep-02-15 8:58 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A breast milk bank has opened in Alabama to serve pre-term and hospitalized babies.
- Yahoo CEO to give birth to twins while tackling turnaround Updated: Sep-02-15 12:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is going to give birth to twins while trying to deliver a long-promised turnaround at the struggling Internet company.
- Operators of 2 Ohio abortion clinics sue over state hurdles Updated: Sep-01-15 8:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The operators of two southwest Ohio abortion clinics asked a federal court on Tuesday to declare recently enacted state laws governing their operations unconstitutional.
- Judge sides with anti-abortion group in birth control case Updated: Aug-31-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge on Monday sided with an anti-abortion group in its challenge of a key birth control provision of the Obama administration's health care overhaul.
- Utah abortion rate dropped again in 2014 Updated: Aug-31-15 5:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A new report shows Utah's abortion rate fell to the lowest level ever recorded in 2014, continuing a trend seen in Utah and around the country for several years.
- Groups ask Kasich to end funds to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-31-15 10:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Anti-abortion groups in Ohio have called on Gov. John Kasich to block Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood, though federal health officials have warned other states that such a move could violate the law.
- Ala hospitals promoting breastfeeding for newborns Updated: Aug-29-15 5:32 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - More than two dozen Alabama hospitals are joining an effort to promote breastfeeding.
- Iowa board will not appeal ruling over telemedicine abortion Updated: Aug-28-15 6:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A medical board says it will not appeal an Iowa Supreme Court's decision that allows doctors to dispense abortion-inducing pills remotely via a teleconferencing system.
- Q&A: Questions, answers in Planned Parenthood controversy Updated: Aug-28-15 2:17 am
LOS ANGELES - Planned Parenthood Federation of America is defending its abortion practices and its donation of fetal tissue for medical research.
- Judge strikes down law to limit Medicaid funds for abortions Updated: Aug-27-15 8:04 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state court judge in Alaska ruled Thursday that a law further defining what constitutes a medically necessary abortion for purposes of Medicaid funding is unconstitutional.
- Woman gives birth to conjoined twins in Colorado Updated: Aug-27-15 6:21 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A Colorado hospital where a Minnesota woman gave birth to conjoined twins said Thursday that one of the babies died after a complicated five-hour separation procedure.
- Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to Congress Updated: Aug-27-15 5:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - Planned Parenthood Federation of America defended its practices Thursday in a lengthy letter to congressional leaders and included a report by experts it hired who found undercover videos of officials discussing fetal tissue for research were heavily altered by anti-abortion activists.
- Missouri abortion licensing law splits GOP, health officials Updated: Aug-25-15 9:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Republican senators and the Missouri health department director debated Tuesday whether a Columbia Planned Parenthood met state requirements needed to perform abortions, an issue that has led to questions about whether the agency properly granted the clinic a license in July.
- Transplanting a womb: Q&A on revolutionary Swedish technique Updated: Aug-25-15 11:28 am
GOTHENBURG, Sweden - A Swedish doctor has accomplished what many had deemed impossible by transplanting wombs into women and delivering four healthy babies so far - with a fifth soon on the way. Here are questions and answers about the revolutionary procedure.
- 3 generations of Swedish family linked by single womb Updated: Aug-25-15 11:26 am
GOTHENBURG, Sweden - For one family in Sweden, a pioneering procedure has led to a baby being born from the same womb that nurtured his mother, uniting three generations.
- Columbia clinic licensed for abortions received exemption Updated: Aug-23-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - When the Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia was granted a license to provide medication-induced abortions, it was exempted from the requirement that it have a doctor on staff with surgical privileges at a hospital in the community.
- Anti-abortion group releases video snippet after court win Updated: Aug-21-15 9:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - An anti-abortion group released a snippet of video on Friday showing a California company executive discussing fetal tissue for research after a judge ruled the group could show the footage even if it was illegally recorded.
- Drug industry links run deep in field of sexual medicine Updated: Aug-20-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - How do you measure sexual desire?
- Woman who won discrimination suit asks $2.6 million Updated: Aug-20-15 1:17 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - A former Montrose County employee who won a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit after she lost her job is seeking $2.6 million for the loss of potential future earnings.
- Valeant to spend about $1B on maker of women's libido drug Updated: Aug-20-15 12:46 pm
WASHINGTON - Valeant Pharmaceuticals will pay about $1 billion in cash to buy Sprout Pharmaceuticals, the maker of the first prescription drug intended to boost sexual desire in women.
- Hospital's cuddler program helps premature babies. Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - For the next few minutes, Kay Stickle is going to be Cincaid's grandma.
- El Paso abortion clinic will be first to reopen in Texas Updated: Aug-19-15 7:23 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An El Paso clinic shuttered by Texas' tough abortion laws is set to become the first to reopen since the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked enforcement of key restrictions nearly two months ago.
- Planned Parenthood Florida says it will resume abortions Updated: Aug-19-15 4:53 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Planned Parenthood said Wednesday that three of its Florida clinics will resume performing first-trimester abortions, although state health officials warn they are still investigating the organization.
- Doctor fined for mistaken hysterectomy on pregnant woman Updated: Aug-19-15 8:31 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Connecticut gynecologist has been fined $5,000 for mistakenly performing a hysterectomy on a patient he didn't know was pregnant.