- Officials warn of bad smog levels in some areas of state Updated: May-28-16 8:43 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire environmental officials expect air pollution concentrations on Saturday to reach unhealthy levels for those with asthma and other lung ailments.
- 34-year-old orangutan dies at Columbus Zoo Updated: May-24-16 7:30 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 34-year-old orangutan named Sally has died at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- South Africa: Miners with lung disease prepare lawsuit Updated: May-20-16 11:24 am
WELKOM, South Africa - Thabang Moorosi, a former driller in South Africa's gold mines, takes a minute to catch his breath after struggling onto a hospital bed for his monthly lung check.
- South African miners score legal victory over lung disease Updated: May-13-16 11:01 am
JOHANNESBURG - South African gold miners who got lung diseases while working underground, as well as families of miners who died of such diseases, can launch a class action suit against mining companies, a judge said Friday.
- UNM, Miners' Colfax in pact to fight mining-related illness Updated: May-13-16 5:59 am
RATON, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and Miners' Colfax Medical Center are stepping up efforts to fight mining-related respiratory diseases.
- Nevada reluctantly killed bighorn sheep to save them Updated: May-08-16 12:01 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada state wildlife veterinarian Peregrine Wolff worked at zoos in the Midwest, with farm animals in Florida and exotic species on movie sets in Hollywood. She never dreamed she'd have to help pull the trigger on a contentious strategy to slaughter a diseased herd of bighorn sheep.
- Global Fund: $3.8 million fraud, stops aid to Nigeria agency Updated: May-06-16 3:50 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has suspended payments to Nigeria's AIDS agency over evidence that $3.8 million was stolen by its workers and consultants, the Geneva-based agency said Friday.