- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- Fight of his life: Larry Holmes battles deadliest opponent Updated: Apr-25-16 2:18 pm
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - The call from the doctor's office changed everything.
- Study backs pancreas cell transplants for severe diabetes Updated: Apr-18-16 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Transplants of insulin-producing pancreas cells are a long hoped-for treatment for diabetes - and a new study shows they can protect the most seriously ill patients from a life-threatening complication of the disease, an important step toward U.S. approval.
- WHO: Diabetes rises fourfold over last quarter-century Updated: Apr-06-16 6:16 pm
GENEVA - Excessive weight, obesity, aging and population growth drove a nearly four-fold increase in worldwide cases of diabetes over the last quarter-century, affecting 422 million people in 2014, the World Health Organization reported Wednesday.
- New single by Phife to air Tuesday on Beats 1 Radio Updated: Apr-04-16 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - A new single by Phife Dawg, who died last month, is coming out Tuesday, with portions of the proceeds going to charity.