- Clinton releases tax, medical records as emails made public Updated: Aug-01-15 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband paid close to $44 million in federal taxes since 2007 and she is in "excellent physical condition," two facts that emerged in a flood of disclosures from the campaign of the Democratic presidential candidate.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- St. Jude Medical adds more heart devices in $3.4B buy Updated: Jul-22-15 8:32 am
NEW YORK - St. Jude Medical will spend $3.4 billion in cash to acquire Thoratec, further bulking up its array of devices that are used to treat heart conditions.
- Idaho inmate's prison heart-attack lawsuit moves forward Updated: Jul-20-15 9:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal judge says an Idaho inmate can move forward with his lawsuit against the state even though he has already won a six-figure settlement from the state's prison health care provider.
- China says imprisoned Tibetan lama died of cardiac arrest Updated: Jul-19-15 1:04 am
BEIJING - The cause of death of a Tibetan lama who was serving a life sentence in a Chinese prison was cardiac arrest, according to state media.
- FDA strengthens heart risk warning in popular pain relievers Updated: Jul-09-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health regulators are bolstering warning labels for popular pain relievers, adding information about the risk of heart attack and stroke in the short term.
- SC medical university gets $4M for heart disease, stroke Updated: Jul-09-15 5:37 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Medical University of South Carolina has $4 million from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association to study heart disease and stroke among minority patients.
- Correction: Health System-Fire story Updated: Jul-08-15 11:04 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - In a story July 2 about a fire at the University of Michigan Health System's cardiovascular center, The Associated Press, relying on information from The Ann Arbor News, misidentified the agency that is investigating the fire. The investigating agency is the Michigan Bureau of Fire Services, not the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- FDA approves new heart failure pill from Novartis Updated: Jul-07-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Government regulators have approved a new pill from Novartis to treat heart failure, a deadly chronic disease that affects millions of U.S. patients.