- Woman accused of faking cancer wants to bar use of records Updated: Nov-26-15 1:22 pm
PHOENIX - A woman accused of faking cancer in 2010 to get the state of Arizona to pay for her midterm abortion wants to bar prosecutors from using her medical records and doctor against her in the case.
- Schilling subpoena approved, but it's not clear he'll get it Updated: Nov-23-15 5:11 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A subpoena was approved Monday compelling former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling to appear before a committee probing Rhode Island's $75 million deal with his failed video game company. But the subpoena is not enforceable outside the state and Schilling lives in neighboring Massachusetts, so it's unclear whether he will ever be served with it.
- Judge quashes Pebble Mine subpoenas for 2 groups Updated: Nov-18-15 9:42 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A federal judge on Wednesday quashed subpoenas against two groups that have been critical of the proposed Pebble Mine and former officials of each.
- Senate panel summons price-hiking CEO of Turing Pharma Updated: Nov-04-15 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate committee has launched an investigation into exorbitant drug price hikes by Turing Pharmaceuticals and three other companies, responding to public anxiety over rising prices for critical medicines.
- 2 VA officials refuse to testify on job-manipulation claims Updated: Nov-02-15 9:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Two high-ranking officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs refused to testify Monday night at a congressional hearing on allegations that they manipulated the agency's hiring system for their own gain.
- Valeant cutting ties with Philidor Updated: Oct-30-15 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - Valeant Pharmaceuticals, a company that has come under intense scrutiny for its drug prices, has cut ties with Philidor following accusations that it was a "phantom pharmacy" used solely to artificially boost sales.