- New superintendent takes helm at Coast Guard Academy Updated: Jun-01-15 4:54 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A new superintendent has taken the helm at the Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut.
- Carr takes over as Indiana adjutant general from Umbarger Updated: May-31-15 5:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Brigadier General Courtney Carr has taking over the helm of the Indiana National Guard from retiring Maj. Gen. Martin Umbarger .
- Coast Guard Academy to welcome new superintendent Updated: May-31-15 1:32 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - The Coast Guard Academy is welcoming a new superintendent at a ceremony Monday on its New London campus.
- Army's largest training installation changes commanders Updated: May-29-15 8:26 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - The two-star general who has been in charge of the Army's largest training installation says he's been impressed over the past two years with how the young men and women entering the Army rise to the demands of basic training.
- Ex-VFW post commander pleads guilty to lesser charge Updated: May-29-15 6:49 am
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - The former head of a Somerset County Veterans of Foreign Wars post who had been charged with allowing illegal gambling at the facility has pleaded guilty to lesser charges that will give him the opportunity to clear his record.
- UK defense chief dismisses nuclear fleet safety worries Updated: May-28-15 12:52 pm
LONDON - Britain's defense secretary has dismissed a whistleblower's warnings about the safety of the country's nuclear fleet.
- Cheyenne Air Force base gets new missile wing commander Updated: May-28-15 9:49 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Cheyenne's Air Force Base has a new commander for its missile wing.
- Change of command set for Gulfport training center Updated: May-28-15 4:51 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Brig. General William Hill, chief of staff for the Mississippi Air National Guard Chief of Staff, will preside over a change of command ceremony on June 6 at the Gulfport Combat Readiness Training Center.
- US military gets new commander for Asia-Pacific region Updated: May-27-15 11:11 pm
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - A new commander took over as the top U.S. military officer in the Asia-Pacific region during a ceremony Wednesday.
- Navy medical research lab in Connecticut gets new commander Updated: May-26-15 1:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A psychiatrist with lengthy service aboard submarines, Navy Capt. Steven Wechsler for the past three years has led a little-known medical research laboratory in Groton, where teams of scientists work to better understand the wellness of sailors serving in the undersea fleet.
- Astoria-based Coast Guard cutter changes command Updated: May-26-15 6:16 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - Cmdr. Patrick Culver has taken over as commander of the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Alert based in Astoria.
- Biden tries to smooth over anger sparked by Carter's comment Updated: May-26-15 3:15 am
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is reassuring Iraq's government of U.S. support in the fight against the Islamic State group, telephoning Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi with thanks for "the enormous sacrifice and bravery of Iraqi forces" one day after Defense Secretary Ash Carter questioned the Iraqi military commitment.
- Defense chief's criticism of Iraqis raises policy questions Updated: May-25-15 7:25 am
WASHINGTON - The Islamic State group's takeover of the Iraqi provincial capital Ramadi has prompted criticism from Defense Secretary Ash Carter and raised new questions about the Obama administration's strategy to defeat the extremist group.
- Army chiefs plan for proposed joint Arab force in Mideast Updated: May-25-15 5:50 am
CAIRO - Army chiefs of staff of Arab countries have drafted a protocol for a new joint force to intervene in Middle East hotspots on missions ranging from fighting Islamic militants to Iran-backed groups - despite lingering disagreements on some details, including where to base the force's headquarters.
- Top US commander says IS actively recruiting in Afghanistan Updated: May-23-15 12:23 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The commander of international forces in Afghanistan said on Saturday that the Islamic State group is actively recruiting in Afghanistan but is not yet operational there.
- Coast Guard Cutter Vigorous undergoes command change Updated: May-22-15 3:13 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - The Coast Guard Cutter Vigorous has a new commanding officer.
- Army Pacific priority is incorporating increase of soldiers Updated: May-21-15 10:59 pm
HONOLULU - The Army's commander in the Pacific said Thursday one of his top priorities is incorporating the growth of U.S. soldiers assigned to the region.
- Coast Guard to hold change of command ceremony Updated: May-21-15 5:53 am
PHILADELPHIA - The Coast Guard will hold a change of command ceremony in Philadelphia.
- Post commander accused of sex deal for community service Updated: May-19-15 8:56 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Wilmington man who was commander of an American Legion post is accused of abusing his role of supervising probationers, offering them sex in exchange for less time in community service.
- New leader for the 66th Troop Command Updated: May-16-15 10:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Col. John M. Rhodes will take over as leader of the 66th Troop Command during ceremonies Saturday at the Raymond Road Readiness Center in Jackson.
- Army chief of staff visiting Fort Campbell Updated: May-15-15 4:08 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - The Army chief of staff is visiting Fort Campbell to meet with senior officials and soldiers.
- Fort Carson getting new commander in Thursday ceremony Updated: May-14-15 9:11 am
FORT CARSON, Colorado - Fort Carson's top general is leaving after more than two years on the job.
- Change of command planned for Coast Guard cutter Munro Updated: May-14-15 7:05 am
KODIAK, Alaska - The Coast Guard cutter Munro is getting a new commanding officer.
- Top general at Ohio Air Force base reflects on career Updated: May-14-15 1:19 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The outgoing top general at Ohio's largest military base says the Air Force has embraced gender diversity. But she says more work needs to be done.
- Pentagon recommends new Navy, Army chiefs Updated: May-13-15 4:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter nominated two top military officers Wednesday to take charge of the Army and Navy, selecting men who have faced public scrutiny over the past year for their key leadership roles in high-profile cases.