- Huntsville could be Alabama's largest city by 2022 Updated: Nov-30-15 10:26 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Huntsville could soon pass Birmingham to become the largest city in Alabama.
- EXCHANGE: Joliet educators work with Hispanic families Updated: Nov-29-15 10:24 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Rene Valenciano has watched the number of Latino and Hispanic students grow at Joliet Public Schools District 86 from when he first started working there in 2011.
- Meeting in South Africa views new models for African cities Updated: Nov-29-15 8:47 am
JOHANNESBURG - With more than half of Africa's population expected to live in cities by the year 2050, a gathering in South Africa on Sunday is exploring new models for urban Africa.
- City of Williston reaching out for more retail businesses Updated: Nov-27-15 9:09 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Officials in Williston are trying to draw more retail chains to the western North Dakota oil patch hub.
- Editorials from around Oregon Updated: Nov-23-15 12:34 pm
Selected editorials from Oregon newspapers.
- Arkansas homeless population drops 12 percent from 2013 Updated: Nov-23-15 3:09 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - New data shows that more than 2,500 Arkansas residents are homeless, yet the latest numbers indicate that this population is actually on the decline.
- Colorado unveils plan to manage water amid drought, demand Updated: Nov-19-15 1:36 pm
DENVER - The snow that falls on the Colorado mountains melts into trillions of gallons of water every year, and most of it flows downstream to Mexico, California and 17 other states. Colorado released its first-ever plan Thursday to cope with increasing competition for that water as the West grows drier.
- Lower Rockford population means fewer students in schools Updated: Nov-05-15 4:21 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford education officials say dropping enrollment numbers are more indicative of population losses than struggling schools.
- Federal government begins large Oregon wild horse roundup Updated: Nov-02-15 8:06 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Wild horse advocates are calling for a stop to one of the largest roundups of wild mustangs in Oregon history.