- Princess Charlotte's playmate? Royals welcome a hamster Updated: May-04-16 12:32 pm
LONDON - A hamster named Marvin has joined Prince William and his wife Kate's household.
- A classic love tail: Man rescues dog. Dog rescues man. Updated: May-03-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - It's a classic love tail: Broken man meets broken dog and together they make life good again.
- Wee-lief! Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own Updated: Apr-30-16 9:22 am
NEW YORK - Little Simba couldn't wait to check it out.
- Kitten stars of 'Keanu' destined for posh Hollywood futures Updated: Apr-27-16 11:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Anyone who's spent time with a cat might agree with filmmaker Peter Atencio when he says cats are the "15-year-olds of the animal kingdom."
- Texas vet who killed cat testifies at hearing on license Updated: Apr-25-16 11:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas veterinarian who boasted online of killing a cat with a bow and arrow testified Monday at a licensing hearing that the incident has left her "essentially unemployable."
- Burglaries at pet store unfounded; primate given as payment Updated: Apr-24-16 2:41 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police say an exotic primate that was reported stolen from a pet store was actually used by the store's co-owner to pay a prostitute.
- Hundreds walk pooches to protest dog-walking limits Updated: Apr-23-16 8:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hundreds of dog owners walked their poodles, corgis, dachshunds and many mutts to protest the proposed limits on dog-walking in San Francisco's Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
- 3 Park County cats diagnosed with plague Updated: Apr-23-16 1:16 pm
CODY, Wyoming - The Wyoming Department of Health says three Park County cats have recently been diagnosed with plague.
- VA study on whether dogs can heal vets with PTSD has critics Updated: Apr-21-16 1:45 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Army veteran Joe Aguirre opens a restaurant door, then steps aside to let his golden retriever take point. "Clear," Aguirre commands, and 3-year-old Munger pivots right, left, then right again, sweeping the room for potential threats.
- Tiny paw-thletes compete in Hallmark's Kitten Summer Games Updated: Apr-20-16 1:19 pm
NEW YORK - What do the four-legged footballers of the Hallmark Channel's Kitten Bowl do in the offseason? They go for the gold in their own Summer Games, including a de-cat-hlon and freestyle wrestling.
- Rabies case in domestic animal confirmed in Nogales area Updated: Apr-18-16 6:21 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's first case of rabies in a domestic animal in nearly seven years has been confirmed in the Nogales area.
- Business cats are ready to go to work Updated: Apr-16-16 3:01 am
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Florida - The two cats at the Clay County Animal Care and Control animal shelter are among the first in its newly minted Business Cat Program. Believed to be the first of its kind In Northeast Florida, the program initiated by Christina Sutherin, division director for Animal Care and Control, seeks to place shelter cats at pet-friendly businesses temporarily until the felines find forever homes.
- Police: Skull found near Spokane golf course is human Updated: Apr-15-16 6:10 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Police say a skull found by a man walking his dog near a Spokane golf course Thursday is human.
- Food truck for Fido: New Seattle business caters to canines Updated: Apr-13-16 3:41 am
SEATTLE - Stand on any block around lunchtime near Amazon.com's downtown Seattle headquarters and there are two common sights: people walking their dogs and people buying lunch at food trucks.
- Hawaii looks to make harsher penalties for dumping pets Updated: Apr-12-16 7:36 pm
HONOLULU - Alongside throngs of lounging tourists on Hawaii's pristine beaches live other creatures that enjoy relaxing in the sun: feral cats. Thousands of the wild cats have made their homes in colonies across the state, and the growing population is causing concern.
- Long Island woman walking dog fatally struck by vehicle Updated: Apr-12-16 5:18 pm
EAST ISLIP, New York - Police on Long Island say a 25-year-old woman walking her dog was killed when she was hit by vehicle.
- CSI for animals: Forensic vets battle pet abuse, neglect Updated: Apr-12-16 10:17 am
NEW YORK - The cocker spaniel arrives to the animal hospital with a police officer, whimpering and shaking. He has a pus-filled pink socket for a left eye and is so skinny his spine and ribs show through his caramel-colored fur.
- No charges against TV's 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan Updated: Apr-11-16 2:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - No charges will be brought against TV "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan following an investigation of animal cruelty complaints involving an episode in which a dog nipped a pig's ear, authorities said Monday.
- Goat breaks free, goes on Starbucks run in California Updated: Apr-11-16 2:09 am
ROHNERT PARK, California - Police say a goat apparently needed a caffeine fix when it wandered into a Starbucks in Northern California.
- Like magic, large rabbit nabbed from Utah farm reappears Updated: Apr-10-16 8:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Like a magic hat trick, a large rabbit named Dolly Parton who disappeared from a Salt Lake County farm has suddenly reappeared.
- Family dog survives 300-foot fall at Gooseberry Mesa Updated: Apr-10-16 6:23 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - The pet dog of an Eagle Mountain family is recovering after surviving a 300-foot fall.
- South Dakota animal rabies cases grow to 29 in 2015 Updated: Apr-07-16 7:58 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Health says the number of animal rabies cases in the state was up in 2015.
- Michigan apartment complex using DNA to identify dog feces Updated: Apr-07-16 3:50 pm
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A high-end apartment community near Grand Rapids plans to use DNA technology as a way to sniff out dog owners who fail to pick up their pets' feces.
- San Francisco dog owners sue park agency over leash laws Updated: Apr-07-16 10:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Dog owners who are fighting proposed limits on dog walking in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area have filed a federal lawsuit in San Francisco against the National Park Service.
- Instagram diva Toast the rescue dog stars in new photo book Updated: Apr-06-16 12:43 pm
NEW YORK - There was too much sun, swimming, eating and zooming about in Jaguars and private helicopters, but Instagram diva Toast the dog took the Hamptons last summer and lived to write about it.