- EXCHANGE: Companies look for ways to keep Millennials Updated: Apr-28-16 6:34 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - When searching for a job after college, Kyle Swenson didn't want location to determine where he would begin his career, a decision he admits not many of his friends would make.
- Effort brings yoga demonstrations to Flint amid water crisis Updated: Apr-26-16 8:46 am
FLINT, Michigan - An effort is bringing yoga demonstrations to students, parents and teachers in Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Indians take to Buddhist chanting to alleviate urban stress Updated: Apr-26-16 4:43 am
NEW DELHI - The bank executive, the book publisher and the social worker had one thing in common: Their hectic lives in the crowded Indian capital had become so chaotic and stressful, they've turned to chanting Buddhist mantras in search of calm.
- Missouri senator reads 50 Cent book in sales tax filibuster Updated: Apr-25-16 11:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate has tabled a sales tax proposal after a senator filibustered it by reading a book about 50 Cent.
- Evicted Southern California centenarian gets new home Updated: Apr-25-16 3:55 pm
LA QUINTA, California - A 100-year-old woman evicted from her apartment has a new home in the Southern California desert after a newspaper reported on her plight and motivational speaker Tony Robbins and a local congressman joined in helping her.
- Book Review: 'Siddhartha's Brain' smart take on meditation Updated: Apr-25-16 11:22 am
"Siddhartha's Brain: Unlocking the Ancient Science of Enlightenment" (William Morrow), by James Kingsland
- Board examines University of Iowa's prayer spaces Updated: Apr-22-16 2:51 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Board of Regents is examining the University of Iowa's decision to have designated prayer and meditation spaces on campus.
- Steinem among winners of Books for a Better Life Award Updated: Apr-18-16 10:08 pm
NEW YORK - Feminist and author Gloria Steinem and Hollywood producer Brian Glazer are among this year's winners of the Books for a Better Life Award.
- 2 arrested in Spain on suspicion of Islamic State group ties Updated: Apr-16-16 8:13 am
MADRID - Spanish police say they have arrested a man and a woman in the city of Algeciras at the southwestern tip of Spain on suspicion they are linked to the Islamic State group.
- Nigerians march for Chibok girls on kidnapping anniversary Updated: Apr-14-16 10:18 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Angry over lack of progress to resolve one of the highest-profile mass kidnappings in the world, Nigerians marched in their country's major cities on Thursday to demand the safe return of girls who were abducted by Boko Haram extremists two years ago from a school in Chibok.
- Flophouse operator accused in $2M Medicaid kickback scheme Updated: Apr-14-16 5:27 am
NEW YORK - An operator of transitional housing catering to addicts is accused of running a $2 million Medicaid kickback scheme by requiring residents to attend support groups at substance abuse providers.
- US Attorney General Lynch commends Indianapolis police Updated: Apr-13-16 5:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - U. S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch has commended the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department's officer safety and wellness program.
- 2 ousted executives defend work at Wounded Warrior Project Updated: Apr-10-16 1:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Two men ousted from top executive positions at Wounded Warrior Project say their leadership upheld the intent of donors who contributed millions to one of the nation's largest veteran support groups.