- Injured snowboarder helps other brain injury survivors Updated: May-28-16 12:24 pm
LINCOLN, Vermont - A near-fatal halfpipe crash while training for the 2010 Olympics ended Kevin Pearce's snowboarding career and changed his life forever. Six years later, Pearce, 28, continues to cope with his traumatic brain injury that he will carry with him for the rest of his life and he's helping other survivors do the same.
- In 'big cement momma,' inmates find path to sobriety Updated: May-23-16 1:06 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - She calls her spot in the Lehigh County Jail the "big cement momma."
- Service dog stolen from Vietnam veteran Updated: May-16-16 9:05 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Vietnam veteran in Minnesota says he's desperate to get his stolen dog back because the service animal helps him cope with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Military support group USO opens center on Fort Jackson Updated: May-13-16 12:37 am
FORT JACKSON, South Carolina - The military support group USO South Carolina is opening a new site to assist military recruits at the Army's Fort Jackson.
- Breastfeeding pilots' claims against airline seen as advance Updated: May-11-16 4:34 am
DENVER - Charges by four female pilots that Frontier Airlines' policies for pregnant women and new mothers are discriminatory could be seen as progress, an advocate says.
- US says diplomats to resume talks on Syria next week Updated: May-10-16 1:20 pm
LONDON - The world powers working to promote a resolution to Syria's civil war plan to resume talks next week in Vienna, with U.N.-led, indirect peace negotiations between Syria's government and opposition representatives expected to follow some days later, Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday.
- A pregnant woman walks into a bar: You must serve her in NYC Updated: May-06-16 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - A pregnant woman shows up at a New York City bar and wants to go in and order a drink despite health warnings against consuming alcohol while expecting. Should the tavern serve her?
- Dear Mama: Afeni Shakur, mother of rapper Tupac Shakur, dies Updated: May-03-16 5:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Afeni Shakur, the former Black Panther who inspired the work of her son, rap icon Tupac Shakur, and fostered his legacy for decades after he was slain, has died of an apparent heart attack, authorities said Tuesday. She was 69.