- Sheriff: Robbers torture adults with hot kitchen utensils Updated: Jul-31-15 4:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Richland County deputies say eight men forced their way into a home demanding money, burning three adults with hot kitchen utensils and putting a gun to a 1-month-old baby's head when the victims did not turn over some cash.
- Woman injured when SUV crashes into Aberdeen tanning salon Updated: Jul-31-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A woman was injured when a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front wall of a tanning salon in Aberdeen.
- Designer Alexander Wang leaves Balenciaga after 3 years Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 am
PARIS - Designer Alexander Wang will leave the helm of Balenciaga after three years as creative director, the Paris fashion house confirmed Friday.
- Jane Birkin asks Hermes to take her name off croc handbag Updated: Jul-29-15 12:55 pm
PARIS - British singer Jane Birkin has asked Hermes to take her name off the crocodile-skin versions of the iconic Birkin handbag, after being contacted by animal rights group PETA over "cruel" slaughtering practices.
- Skin doctors urge under-18 ban on tanning beds Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
BOSTON - Dermatologists who treat skin cancer patients urged state lawmakers on Tuesday to approve a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds, but salon owners accused critics of overstating the risks.
- Body found in Ocmulgee was wearing "Prom 2015" bracelet Updated: Jul-27-15 3:34 am
MACON, Georgia - Authorities say an unidentified body found decomposing in the Ocmulgee River over the weekend was wearing a rubber bracelet that read "Prom 2015."
- EXCHANGE: Springfield Art Association seeks room for growth Updated: Jul-26-15 11:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - By her third class, Samantha McDonald's jewelry skills were already taking root. She wasn't just crafting a copper leaf pendant. She was designing a whole tree.
- Women steal man's clothes, wallet after rendezvous in motel Updated: Jul-24-15 6:18 am
UKIAH, California - A man was left with nothing but a tiny towel after he say two women took his clothes, wallet and cellphone in a Ukiah motel.
- Converse rolling out first Chuck Taylor update in 98 years Updated: Jul-23-15 7:41 pm
NEW YORK - Converse Chuck Taylor All Star fans rejoice! Your favorite sneaker is receiving its first update since debuting 98 years ago.
- Man dressed as woman accused of attacking real estate agent Updated: Jul-23-15 5:50 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - A Lawrenceville man has been accused of assaulting a Gwinnett County real estate agent after dressing as a prospective female home buyer.
- Tanning salon owners sue Nebraska Cancer Coalition Updated: Jul-22-15 3:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of tanning salon owners is suing the Nebraska Cancer Coalition, accusing it of making false, defamatory statements about tanning that have hurt the businesses.
- Families face tough decisions as cost of elder care soars Updated: Jul-20-15 4:20 pm
NEW YORK - Doris Ranzman had followed the expert advice, planning ahead in case she wound up unable to care for herself one day. But when a nursing-home bill tops $14,000 a month, the best-laid plans get tossed aside.
- Italian 'King of Jeans' Fiorucci dies at 80 Updated: Jul-20-15 12:25 pm
MILAN - Elio Fiorucci, founder of the Fiorucci brand that pioneered stretch jeans and exemplified the youthful, graphic ethos of the 1970s and 1980s, has died at age 80.
- Swim Week's bikinis swarm Miami Beach Updated: Jul-18-15 8:14 pm
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - As if there were a shortage of bikinis at Miami Beach, Swim Week is in full swing and invading the city's bustling streets with next year's hottest swimwear must-haves.
- Orley offers sumptuous, family-inspired knitwear Updated: Jul-16-15 10:59 pm
NEW YORK - It's the men's turn.
- Authorities: Girl dies after becoming entangled in clothing Updated: Jul-15-15 5:49 am
GRAND HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 4-year-old girl has died after she became entangled in clothing at her western Michigan home and was accidentally strangled.
- Police: Scranton bank robber used lotion to conceal identity Updated: Jul-15-15 5:07 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police are searching for a man who robbed a northeastern Pennsylvania bank with lotion smeared on his face to disguise his appearance.
- Guess names new CEO as co-founder shifts role Updated: Jul-14-15 6:25 pm
Guess has named fashion industry veteran Victor Herrero as CEO of the clothing and accessories company, ending an era of family leadership.
- Contraband watches find drugs, razor blades, tattoo machine Updated: Jul-11-15 12:09 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's contraband watch program most commonly finds drugs, but inmates have swallowed or concealed in body cavities plenty of other dangerous or odd implements, according to reports by the prison system's inspector general.
- Designer Christian Audigier dies at 57 Updated: Jul-10-15 11:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Designer Christian Audigier, who was born in France but gained fame and fortune in the United States with his tattoo-inspired, street-wise designs for the Ed Hardy and Von Dutch brands, has died. He was 57.
- Coty buying 43 beauty brands from Procter & Gamble Updated: Jul-09-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - Coty is buying 43 beauty brands from Procter & Gamble Co., including Miss Clairol, Covergirl and Max Factor.
- The rise of the sneaker subject of new museum exhibit Updated: Jul-09-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - The sneaker is a force in fashion, music and sports, but where did it all begin?
- Stay out of the water, Chuck! Cat joins Shark Week frenzy Updated: Jul-09-15 1:37 pm
NEW YORK - Head over to Cody VandeZande's condo in Chicago and you won't find a room without sharks.
- Anti-fur protest and celebrity concerts cap Paris couture Updated: Jul-08-15 7:45 pm
PARIS - As couture week in Paris entered its final furlong, the French capital was electrified by celebrity concerts and eccentric, creative designs. But Karl Lagerfeld's fur-only couture show for Fendi provoked disruptive animal-rights protests.
- German attempts to break down barriers for deaf in N. Korea Updated: Jul-08-15 4:58 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In a country with zero kindergartens specifically for the deaf, Robert Grund wants to help establish the first - just a small suite of rooms for perhaps a couple dozen kids, in North Korea's capital, Pyongyang, a city of roughly 2.5 million.