- 2 days in Guangzhou: A taste of Cantonese culture Updated: Nov-25-15 10:28 am
GUANGZHOU, China - The southern Chinese city of Guangzhou offers all the hustle, bustle, culture and commerce of other major Asian metropolises minus the massive tourist crowds. But that could change as more travelers are lured to the modern port city by affordable flights and a 72-hour visa-free transit policy. Just a two-hour train ride from Hong Kong, Guangzhou is an easy weekend getaway or, in my case, a two-day stopover on my trip from Los Angeles to Malaysia.
- 1-pound puppy has tons of problems, but faces them head-on Updated: Nov-24-15 7:33 pm
RANCHO SANTA FE, California - A 1-pound puppy named Rocky because he has the heart of a heavyweight needs a special forever home.
- Marcos jewelry being appraised ahead of possible auction Updated: Nov-24-15 5:45 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government is appraising the dazzling jewelry collection seized three decades ago from Imelda Marcos, the former first lady famous for her massive stash of shoes, as it decides what to do with the jewels one expert compared to those owned by royalty.
- Bracelet maker's work started out of need to stay busy Updated: Nov-21-15 11:54 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Kayla Cantley is not afraid to stand out in a crowd.
- Amish man runs marathon in traditional slacks and suspenders Updated: Nov-21-15 8:18 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - An Amish man turned heads as he whizzed by fellow runners at a recent marathon - not because of his speed but because of his unusual racing attire.
- Tyra Banks scaling back involvement with her 'FABLife' show Updated: Nov-20-15 2:32 pm
NEW YORK - Tyra Banks is "scaling back" involvement with her new lifestyle show, "FABLife."
- Reel is driven to inspire Updated: Nov-20-15 2:10 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Desiree Reel has several tattoos, and each represents an important point in her life.
- Woman accused of prostitution says she offered 'free fun' Updated: Nov-20-15 8:22 am
MOUNT JOY, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania woman accused of running a prostitution service out of her home says she charged only for massages, and that any sex that occurred with clients afterward was just "free fun."
- Transit police officer buys shoes for shoeless passenger Updated: Nov-10-15 6:56 am
LINDENWOLD, New Jersey - A transit police officer reached for his wallet instead of his ticket book when a bus driver told him a disruptive passenger was not wearing shoes.
- Tag Heuer, tech companies unveil $1,500 luxury smartwatch Updated: Nov-09-15 3:09 pm
NEW YORK - A leading Swiss watchmaker and two technology titans have combined forces to produce a computerized wristwatch billed as the "world's smartest luxury watch."
- Teen fashionistas on 'Project Runway Junior' make it work Updated: Nov-09-15 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - Tim Gunn said he was apprehensive about participating in a bite-size version of "Project Runway" featuring teen designers as young as 13.
- Colored diamonds headline twin auctions in Geneva this week Updated: Nov-09-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Two rare colored diamonds go under the auction hammer this week in Geneva, with one standout blue diamond discovered in a South African mine last year expected to fetch up to $55 million - which would set a world record for any gemstone.
- Foundation to expand Chaldean outreach in Detroit area Updated: Nov-09-15 5:16 am
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - More than 16,000 immigrants and refugees walked into the Chaldean Community Foundation last year and left with a lifeline to navigate their new world.
- Legally blind barber awarded $100k for wrongful termination Updated: Nov-07-15 5:10 pm
BOSTON - A legally blind barber was awarded $100,000 by a Massachusetts commission against discrimination after it says he was wrongly fired.
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen launches photo book in Brazil Updated: Nov-06-15 4:41 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen has launched a book of over 300 photographs spanning her 20-year career just months after retiring from the catwalk.
- Dutch fashion designer melds the traditional and high-tech Updated: Nov-06-15 11:49 am
ATLANTA - Drawing inspiration from sources including art, architecture, the movement of the human body and science, Iris van Herpen creates cutting-edge fashion using a combination of traditional craftsmanship and innovative technology.
- Diamond to benefit Topeka Habitat for Humanity Updated: Nov-06-15 10:08 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A diamond pendant apparently valued at about $20,000 is headed for the auction block to benefit a Topeka charity.
- Unplugged storage refrigerator costs taxpayers over $200k Updated: Nov-05-15 1:57 pm
FARMINGTON, Connecticut - Connecticut health officials say a refrigerator left unplugged at the UConn Health Center was responsible for the loss of more than $300,000 worth of medicine.
- NY inspectors find safety violations in tanning devices Updated: Nov-03-15 4:57 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York health inspectors report finding safety violations in 70 percent of the tanning devices examined recently in three upstate counties.
- Money Pizza Respect: Josh 'The Fat Jew' Ostrovsky pens book Updated: Nov-02-15 2:53 pm
NEW YORK - Josh "The Fat Jew" Ostrovsky and his upright ponytail have leaped off his racy Instagram account onto the pages of a new book, "Money Pizza Respect," a memoirish collection of debauchery out Tuesday.
- Indigenous from Amazon see Brazil nut as forest's future Updated: Oct-31-15 12:34 am
PALMAS, Brazil - The creation story of the Cinta Larga people holds that they were born out of the fruit of the Brazil nut tree.
- Indigenous Games bring fashion to Brazil's interior Updated: Oct-30-15 5:02 pm
PALMAS, Brazil - Forget New York, Milan or even Paris: With nearly 2,000 native people from around the world rocking their finest traditional garb at the World Indigenous Games, there's not a catwalk in the world that can compete with this dusty agricultural outpost.
- University president posed for photo in sombrero, poncho Updated: Oct-29-15 9:44 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The University of Louisville apologized to the school's entire Hispanic community Thursday after a photo surfaced showing President James Ramsey among a group of staffers at a Halloween party dressed in matching stereotypical Mexican costumes.
- Feds: 3 arrested for selling fake American Indian jewelry Updated: Oct-29-15 8:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Three New Mexico residents face federal charges in a scam to sell Filipino-made jewelry as being made by American Indians, U.S. Attorney Damon Martinez announced Thursday.
- Glamour's Women of the Year: Witherspoon, Jenner, Copeland Updated: Oct-29-15 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner, Reese Witherspoon, Misty Copeland and five women touched by the South Carolina church massacre and lauded in the aftermath as "The Peacemakers of Charleston" are among this year's honorees as Glamour magazine's Women of the Year.