- Luxury birthing clinics spur cesarean 'epidemic' in Brazil Updated: Oct-07-15 12:06 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Thais Faria sank into a leather love seat, relaxing under the ministrations first of a masseuse, then a manicurist and finally a hairdresser-cum-makeup artist. Not 24 hours after her daughter was born via cesarean, Faria was being pampered at an upscale Rio de Janeiro maternity clinic.
- Chanel hosts airport show amid Paris aviation protest Updated: Oct-06-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - The sky was the limit for Karl Lagerfeld, who re-created an entire airport under Paris' Grand Palais in Chanel's blockbuster aviation-themed show at Paris Fashion Week - just as violent protests by real-life aviation workers were taking place elsewhere in the capital.
- Neiman Marcus publishes the ultimate gift catalog (its 89th) Updated: Oct-06-15 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Out of ideas for the perfect six-figure gift? Then today (even more than most other days) is your day with the arrival of the 89th annual Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. The catalog may prove to be wistful window shopping for 99 percent of shoppers, but for the remainder, you may find just the thing you didn't know you had to have.
- I'm too sexy for my dress: barely there gowns hit bridal Updated: Oct-06-15 9:39 am
NEW YORK - Sexy in bridal gowns isn't new, but barely there looks have leaped off the backs of Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez and made their way from red carpet to wedding.
- Scott has busy finish to year, and maybe an early start Updated: Oct-06-15 5:18 am
INCHEON, South Korea - With three months left in the year, Adam Scott is just getting warmed up.
- Bold as brass with sports glitterati, it's Stella McCartney Updated: Oct-05-15 9:28 am
PARIS - The fashion invite was brass knuckles with "STELLA" emblazoned in shimmering gold.
- Buckhannon business lets moms to be, babies dress in style Updated: Oct-03-15 9:46 am
BUCKHANNON, West Virginia - Mothers to be and their babies can dress stylishly from clothing at Momselle Maternity Shop and Nana Kay's Baby Nook in Buckhannon.
- French ministry hosts dwarf fashion show Updated: Oct-02-15 9:09 pm
PARIS - France's culture ministry hosted an entire dwarf fashion show on Friday evening off the normal Paris Fashion Week calendar.
- Cindy Crawford talks selfies, models today and daughter Kaia Updated: Oct-02-15 2:30 pm
NEW YORK - Score one for the selfie stick: Cindy Crawford believes those photos of you by you can help boost self-image.
- Nearly 50 new North Carolina laws take effect Thursday Updated: Oct-01-15 7:24 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - All or portions of nearly 50 laws passed by the General Assembly and signed by Gov. Pat McCrory during this year's legislative session took effect Thursday. Here's a look at some of the most significant or interesting changes:
- Christian evangelicals in Jerusalem show love for Israel Updated: Oct-01-15 2:49 am
JERUSALEM - Thousands of evangelical Christians from more than 80 countries descended upon Jerusalem this week to show their support for the Jewish state, including pilgrims and politicians from countries with a history of hostility toward Israel.
- Ralph Lauren hands off CEO role to Old Navy executive Updated: Sep-29-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Ralph Lauren is handing off his title as CEO of the fashion and home decor empire that he founded nearly 50 years ago.
- Denver Botox bandit bolts on $900 bill Updated: Sep-29-15 5:23 pm
DENVER - Employees at a Denver doctor's office say a man received $900 worth of wrinkle treatment and then bolted from the waiting room when it came time to pay.
- Spray tanner in Miss America dispute faces fraud allegations Updated: Sep-29-15 9:20 am
SANTA ROSA, California - A Miss America pageant spray tanning sponsor being investigated for fraud allegations has settled unrelated business violations.
- Sophia Loren graces Armani front row at Milan Fashion Week Updated: Sep-28-15 11:36 am
MILAN - Giorgio Armani had the last word at Milan Fashion Week, which wrapped up six days of womenswear previews for next spring and summer on Monday, launching a book that looks back on his life.
- VW facing 'tsunami' of legal trouble in emissions scandal Updated: Sep-27-15 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Who knew about the deception, when did they know it and who directed it?
- Hands-on history in Lydia's attic with new museum exhibit Updated: Sep-27-15 9:57 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - The Children's Museum of the Ohio Valley believes history is best taught not from behind glass, but through exhibits that young people can explore, touch and even wear.
- Heidi Klum cajoles boyfriend to buy her plastic snail Updated: Sep-27-15 8:28 am
MILAN - Heidi Klum gently, but persistently cajoled her boyfriend Vito Schnabel buy her a giant plastic snail at the 7th annual Milan amfAR auction, nudging up the price of the sculpture and helping raise a Milan record of $1.6 million for the charity.
- Peter Dundas underlines brand's ease in Cavalli debut Updated: Sep-26-15 3:34 pm
MILAN - The fourth day of Milan Fashion Week belonged to ex-Pucci designer Peter Dundas, who made his celebrated debut as creative director for Roberto Cavalli.
- Dundas restores ease, freedom to Roberto Cavalli brand Updated: Sep-26-15 12:56 pm
MILAN - Ease and freedom were Peter Dundas' guiding principles in designing his debut collection for Roberto Cavalli, which previewed Saturday during Milan Fashion Week.
- Dog gets massages as Fremont man regains hand coordination Updated: Sep-26-15 10:45 am
FREMONT, Nebraska - It's 2 in the afternoon and Bella is waiting.
- Michelle Obama chooses Vera Wang gown for China State Dinner Updated: Sep-26-15 3:23 am
WASHINGTON - First lady Michelle Obama chose a dress by a Chinese-American designer for Friday's White House dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Massimo Giorgetti makes Pucci debut Updated: Sep-24-15 6:55 pm
MILAN - Milan designers looked to the sea and the forest for inspiration for warm weather looks being previewed during Milan Fashion Week.
- Senate OKs bill barring teens under 18 from tanning salons Updated: Sep-24-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds.
- Detroit's first craft beer store, bar opens in Midtown Updated: Sep-24-15 4:10 am
DETROIT - Detroiters no longer need to drive beyond city limits to find a tantalizing selection of craft beers, meads and ciders.