- Pathways for Change teaches ex-offenders job, life skills Updated: May-31-15 1:10 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - Adam Harrell started intravenous drug use at the age of 14. It eventually grew into a $1,000 per day habit, which he paid for through crimes that landed him in prison by 19.
- Minot sets deadline to get FEMA trailers off private lots Updated: May-29-15 6:11 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot officials say the owners of 10 Federal Emergency Management Agency housing units brought to the city after the 2011 flood must remove them from private lots.
- Rebates drive grass removal frenzy during California drought Updated: May-28-15 4:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - There's a torrent of Californians taking advantage of rebates for ripping out water-guzzling lawns during the drought, and that's providing a big boost to landscapers.
- Drought good for businesses that paint lawns green Updated: May-20-15 11:12 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The drought has many in California worried, but for a West Sacramento lawn painter, the water shortage has brought a boom in business.
- Historic Indiana home designed by Wright protege to be moved Updated: May-18-15 4:01 am
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A small, historic home in southwestern Indiana that a protege of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed will be moved to the University of Evansville's campus and restored.
- Boxing fan accelerates plans to renovate Ali's boyhood home Updated: May-15-15 7:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali's brother on Friday recalled their wrestling matches while growing up in their family's modest Kentucky home. No punches were supposed to be thrown because their parents wouldn't allow it, Rahman Ali said.
- New North Dakota governor's home design likely by end-year Updated: May-15-15 10:13 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A design for a new $5 million North Dakota governor's residence should be in place by Dec. 1, officials say.
- Historic home near Brown University to get makeover Updated: May-13-15 4:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An historic home near the Brown University campus is set to get a makeover this summer.
- Proposed house for Purdue student tests historic group Updated: May-07-15 9:19 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Developer Michael Plonski always hoped his son Lance Plonski would decide to attend Purdue University, his alma mater.
- Philly lawyer joins effort to restore Ali's childhood home Updated: May-05-15 8:54 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A real estate investor wanting to restore Muhammad Ali's boyhood home in Kentucky has a new business partner in his corner.
- Solar-powered home designed by RISD students now in France Updated: May-04-15 3:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A solar-powered home designed in part by students from the Rhode Island School of Design is now located at an art academy in France.