- American Pharoah still front and center on racing's stage Updated: Aug-28-15 9:46 pm
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - Horse racing hasn't had it this good in years.
- Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume wars early Updated: Aug-28-15 9:46 pm
NEW YORK - Who gets to decide what grown people wear for Halloween?
- Alabama governor's wife files for divorce; pair lives apart Updated: Aug-28-15 8:33 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's first lady on Friday filed for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley, saying their 50-year marriage has suffered an "irretrievable breakdown."
- The Latest: Alabama governor's wife files for divorce Updated: Aug-28-15 8:01 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The latest on Alabama first lady Dianne Bentley filing for divorce from Gov. Robert Bentley. (all times local):
- Clerk asks US Supreme Court to intervene in marriage case Updated: Aug-28-15 7:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two months after it legalized gay marriage nationwide, the U.S. Supreme Court is being asked by a Kentucky county clerk for permission to keep denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- $50,000 reward offered to find LA Halloween rapist Updated: Aug-28-15 7:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - A $50,000 reward is being offered to find a rapist who attacked a Los Angeles college student at a fraternity house during a Halloween party.
- Vegas visitors, airport traffic up in July thanks to holiday Updated: Aug-28-15 4:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Tourism and airport officials say July saw an increase in the number of visitors, thanks to an extra weekend day from the July Fourth holiday.
- Ala teacher accused of sex with student on prom night Updated: Aug-28-15 8:52 am
MOBILE, Alabama - A former teacher at a private Christian school in Mobile says she is innocent of charges that she had sex with an underage student.
- First Sky View graduating class reunites Updated: Aug-28-15 5:08 am
SMITHFIELD, Utah - In celebrating Sky View High School's first graduating class, an enduring image of its 50-year history was on full display, as current students performed the school's fight song for the Class of 1965.
- Standoff over gay marriage licenses wears on, despite ruling Updated: Aug-27-15 6:41 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - A clerk in a rural Kentucky county continued to refuse marriage licenses to same-sex couples Thursday in defiance of a mounting pile of federal court orders that reject her claim that her Christian faith should exempt her from licensing a gay union.
- Polygamists ask judge to strike down Montana's bigamy laws Updated: Aug-27-15 6:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Billings man, his wife and his common-law wife filed a federal lawsuit Thursday that seeks to strike down Montana's bigamy laws and argues the state is unconstitutionally preventing them from legitimizing their polygamous relationship.
- Wedding hosts in Sisters dealt a setback Updated: Aug-27-15 2:45 pm
SISTERS, Oregon - A couple that has tried for years to gain approval to host weddings on their 216-acre property near Sisters is no closer to doing so.
- Girls named Destiny questioned in cliffside vandalism case Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Sheriff's deputies have interviewed more than a dozen girls named "Destiny" trying to crack a vandalism case where someone spray-painted a prom invitation on a southwest Idaho cliffside.
- The Latest: Kentucky clerk again refuses to grant license Updated: Aug-27-15 1:44 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The latest in the refusal of a Kentucky county clerk to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples (all times local):
- Christmas in August: Wal-Mart's holiday layaway comes early Updated: Aug-27-15 9:35 am
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart is giving customers a head start on holiday shopping, launching its annual layaway program two weeks earlier than last year.
- See What?: Iconic schemes to run at Darlington Updated: Aug-26-15 4:48 pm
DARLINGTON, South Carolina - The Southern 500 will have a familiar feel, and not just because the race has returned to Labor Day weekend.
- Swoyersville couple celebrating 70 years of marriage Updated: Aug-26-15 1:46 pm
SWOYERSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Anthony and Betty Leptuck of Swoyersville fell in love in the late 1930s after meeting at dances in the borough fire hall.
- Utah Capitol could get Christmas tree for 1st time since '08 Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's state Capitol building this year could have a Christmas tree in its rotunda for the first time since 2008.
- Underwater wedding honors Christ of the Deep anniversary Updated: Aug-25-15 5:49 pm
KEY LARGO, Florida - Kimberly Triolet and Jorge Rodriguez exchanged their wedding vows underwater beside a 9-foot statue of Jesus.
- Gay, straight couples say 'I do' to Justice Kennedy's words Updated: Aug-25-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Emily Smith and Jillian Levine had already chosen a venue, booked a band and written the first draft of the ceremony for their wedding when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that gay couples nationwide have a right to marry. Within minutes of the June 26 ruling, Levine texted her fiancÃ©e a rainbow emoji and a question about their ceremony.
- South Korea turns off propaganda as Koreas reach deal Updated: Aug-25-15 12:44 am
SEOUL, South Korea - After 40-plus-hours of talks, North and South Korea on Tuesday pulled back from the brink with an accord that allows both sides to save face and, for the moment, avert the bloodshed they've been threatening each other with for weeks.
- Texas couple rushes marriage vows to beat the stork Updated: Aug-24-15 8:10 pm
HOUSTON - It could have been the plot of a movie: A Houston couple improvises a hospital wedding in less than an hour after the bride goes into labor early.
- Ukraine vows to increase troops to fend off rebel attacks Updated: Aug-24-15 2:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's president vowed to increase troop numbers to fend off attacks by Russia-backed separatist rebels and warned his countrymen that there is still the threat of a "large-scale invasion," in an impassioned speech to mark Independence Day on Monday.
- Yankton County couple marks wedding anniversary with 4-H Updated: Aug-23-15 4:29 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - Most married couples go out to dinner for their anniversary.
- Man fatally hit by armored vehicle during reunion party Updated: Aug-22-15 11:40 pm
FAIRFIELD, California - Authorities said a man died after being run over by an armored vehicle during a reunion party in Northern California.