- Officials say Delaware campgrounds booked for the weekend Updated: May-27-16 3:53 am
DOVER, Delaware - If you're thinking of camping or getting a cabin or cottage at one of Delaware's state parks this weekend, officials say you can forget about it.
- TDOT halts road construction during Memorial Day weekend Updated: May-27-16 3:49 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Transportation is halting road construction on the state's highways over the Memorial Day weekend.
- Hawaiian Airlines: Expect longer security waits this weekend Updated: May-26-16 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaiian Airlines says travelers should expect even longer wait times than usual at Honolulu International Airport over the busy holiday weekend.
- IDOT to halt road work in many areas during holiday weekend Updated: May-26-16 10:45 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Transportation says it is halting road construction in many areas of the state during the Memorial Day weekend.
- Spielberg to Harvard grads: Be the movie heroes of real life Updated: May-26-16 7:16 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - In a world full of villains, Harvard University graduates must become the heroes, filmmaker Steven Spielberg told the 2016 class during a commencement address Thursday.
- Obama tells Native American students to live their values Updated: May-26-16 6:57 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Michelle Obama told graduates at a Native American high school Thursday to take pride in their history and cultures at a time when she says the "loudest voices in the national conversation" suggest turning away from the tribal values that were part of their education.
- The Latest: Native American grads told to live their values Updated: May-26-16 6:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Latest on Michelle Obama's remarks to graduating seniors at Santa Fe Indian School (all times local):
- Soldiers placing 230,000 US flags at Arlington Cemetery Updated: May-26-16 5:42 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Soldiers are placing nearly a quarter of a million U.S. flags at Arlington National Cemetery as part of a Memorial Day tradition.
- Bill Moyers turns down $35,000 speaking fee from Rutgers Updated: May-26-16 5:09 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - PBS journalist Bill Moyers has turned down a $35,000 fee that Rutgers University offered for speaking at part of its graduation ceremony.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- Los Angeles airport flights interrupted by equipment outage Updated: May-26-16 3:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 150 flights in and out of Los Angeles International Airport were affected by a one-hour ground-stop order on the eve of the busy Memorial Day weekend travel period.
- Yellowstone to have checkpoints on roads this weekend Updated: May-26-16 1:09 pm
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - Park rangers will conduct traffic safety checkpoints in Yellowstone National Park this holiday weekend.
- Former state judge to finally wear cap and gown Updated: May-26-16 12:05 pm
MORA, New Mexico - Former state District Judge Matias A. Zamora will finally get to participate in his high school graduation ceremony, something he was unable to do 70 years ago when he was drafted into the U.S. Army.
- Delaware National Guard HQ to unveil Beau Biden signs Updated: May-26-16 11:22 am
NEW CASTLE, Delaware - The Delaware National Guard will unveil new signs naming its headquarters after former state attorney general and National Guard Major Beau Biden.
- State police plan stepped-up Memorial Day weekend patrols Updated: May-26-16 10:07 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police are planning stepped-up traffic enforcement for the Memorial Day weekend.
- NY police to step up enforcement over Memorial Day weekend Updated: May-26-16 6:08 am
ALBANY, New York - Police in New York state say they will increase patrols to stop drunken driving and reckless motorists this Memorial Day weekend.
- Kalispell students barred from commencement after vandalism Updated: May-26-16 4:46 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Twenty Kalispell students have been barred from participating in their high school graduation ceremony in connection with a break-in and vandalism at the school.
- Haslam to memorialize victims of Chattanooga shooting Updated: May-26-16 4:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam plans to honor four Marines and a sailor killed in last year's shootings in Chattanooga as part of a Memorial Day ceremony on Friday.
- US probes e-commerce giant Alibaba's accounting practices Updated: May-25-16 4:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba wowed investors when it went public in the U.S. in September 2014, and its profits have bucked Wall Street expectations amid the Chinese economy's slowdown. Yet its unorthodox business structure has raised eyebrows, it's been suspended from an anti-counterfeiting group, and now U.S. regulators are investigating its accounting practices.
- Best new theme park rides: Virtual reality, interactivity Updated: May-25-16 3:32 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - You're flying alongside Superman, seeing the world as the Man of Steel views it, thanks to virtual reality headsets on a roller coaster at Six Flags New England.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: May-25-16 2:55 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Couple files religious discrimination complaint against inn Updated: May-25-16 12:59 pm
GALENA, Illinois - A Wisconsin couple has filed a discrimination charge with the state of Illinois saying that an inn owner refused to host their wedding because they wanted a non-religious service.
- How to mark National Park Service centennial: Find your park Updated: May-25-16 9:03 am
Looking for that one big event where you can take part in the celebration of the National Park Service centennial?
- Detroit council honors 3 considered godfathers of techno Updated: May-25-16 6:53 am
DETROIT - The Detroit City Council has honored three friends who are considered godfathers of techno music.
- Cemeteries, nursing homes hold ceremonies honoring veterans Updated: May-25-16 4:16 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky officials say that state cemeteries and nursing homes dedicated to veterans will hold Memorial Day ceremonies to honor military members who have died.