- Super Bowl of shopping starts Updated: Nov-27-15 8:38 am
The Super Bowl of shopping had an early start again this year, but the game isn't over yet.
- The Latest: Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 8:35 am
Shoppers had a bit of a buying appetizer on Thanksgiving, but the question remains how much they'll feast on deals on the day after the holiday.
- Economy, oil slowdown might dampen Dakotas holiday sales Updated: Nov-27-15 8:19 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Holiday shoppers in the Dakotas are expected to spend more than they did last year, though a slumping oil economy in North Dakota has retailers there nervous.
- European markets resilient despite earlier China slide Updated: Nov-27-15 8:12 am
LONDON - European stock markets recouped earlier losses to trade little changed Friday despite an earlier big fall in China's main stock index, which suffered in the wake of news that investigations into the securities industry has widened to include two top brokerages.
- Animals at Utah zoo feast on Thanksgiving treats Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 am
SALT LAKE CITY - While Americans were asking for a third helping of stuffing, animals at Salt Lake City's Hogle Zoo were enjoying their own special treats during the annual Thanksgiving "Feast with the Beast" event.
- North Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 7:24 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in North Dakota.
- South Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 7:19 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in South Dakota.
- Home from Afghanistan, Bragg soldiers get Thanksgiving meal Updated: Nov-27-15 7:15 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The soldiers of the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade were able to eat Thanksgiving dinner at Fort Bragg.
- Woman moves wedding to ill father's hospital room Updated: Nov-27-15 7:12 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A woman and her fiance have married in a Carolinas Medical Center hospital room so the bride's terminally ill father would be there to give her away.
- Australian Christmas tree sets record with 518,838 lights Updated: Nov-27-15 6:59 am
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian set his third Christmas-themed world record in as many years Friday by illuminating a tree in downtown Canberra with 518,838 twinkling lights.
- Houston County deputies deliver Thanksgiving meals Updated: Nov-27-15 2:30 am
PERRY, Georgia - The Harrison County Sheriff's Office delivered Thanksgiving meals to more than 40 families and homeless residents.
- Floyd County Christmas Tree picked for governor's mansion Updated: Nov-27-15 2:20 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Christmas tree from Floyd County will find a new home in the governor's Executive Mansion.
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-27-15 12:21 am
NEW YORK - Black Friday used to kick off the holiday shopping season, but now Thanksgiving Day is the new tradition for some shoppers.
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Texans mark Thanksgiving Day in big, small ways Updated: Nov-26-15 6:47 pm
Texans renewed their Thanksgiving Day traditions on Thursday and served feasts to those who might otherwise have gone hungry.
- Obama: Holiday means food, football, and not-too-dry turkey? Updated: Nov-26-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says Thanksgiving is a day for food, football and hoping "the turkey didn't turn out too dry."
- Gov. Raimondo sets statehouse Christmas tree lighting Updated: Nov-26-15 5:06 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The annual lighting of the Christmas tree in the Statehouse rotunda has been scheduled for next week.
- 5 tons of turkey, 2K pies served at Fort Leonard Wood Updated: Nov-26-15 3:38 pm
FORT LEONARD WOOD, Missouri - Fort Leonard Wood has dished out more than 5 tons of turkey for the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
- Governor's Christmas tree arrives at Cedar Crest Updated: Nov-26-15 3:21 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The governor's Christmas tree has arrived at Cedar Crest on a horse-drawn coach.
- Crowds line route for America's Thanksgiving Parade Updated: Nov-26-15 3:17 pm
DETROIT - For Arthur Galea, getting to Detroit on Thanksgiving day for the city's annual parade has been a 65-year tradition.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore to help with KC Christmas tradition Updated: Nov-26-15 2:48 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The general manager of the World Series champion Royals is helping with an annual Christmas tradition in Kansas City.
- Annual Thanksgiving parade returns to St. Louis Updated: Nov-26-15 2:30 pm
ST. LOUIS - Thousands have turned out in St. Louis for the return of an annual Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Icy weather expected in Nebraska, Iowa on Thanksgiving Day Updated: Nov-26-15 1:15 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Weather officials who are monitoring freezing rain in parts of Nebraska and Iowa on Thanksgiving Day are warning drivers to be extra careful.
- Modern-day pilgrims mark first Thanksgiving in New Jersey Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 pm
WEST NEW YORK, New Jersey - Refugees and asylum seekers who have recently arrived are among the thousands of immigrants marking their first Thanksgiving many miles from their native countries, which endure civil war, terror and human-rights abuses.
- Sinclair's 'Dino' retakes Manhattan skies Updated: Nov-26-15 12:28 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - A massive, green Apatosaurus retook to the skies of Manhattan Thursday, making its first appearance in four decades.