- Maine police say 1 man killed in Calais fireworks accident Updated: Jul-05-15 9:10 am
CALAIS, Maine - Maine state police say a Calais (CAL-ous) man was killed in a fireworks incident on July Fourth.
- Same-sex marriage could provide business boost in Nebraska Updated: Jul-05-15 8:41 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The U.S. Supreme Court decision to allow same-sex marriage could be good news for businesses that serve couples, from wedding planners to divorce attorneys.
- Woman struck by bullet while at Pennsylvania amusement park Updated: Jul-05-15 7:54 am
WEST MIFFLIN, Pennsylvania - Police say a woman was shot while inside an amusement park in suburban Pittsburgh, and they're investigating whether the bullet came from someone nearby celebrating the Fourth of July.
- America celebrates Independence Day with fireworks, parades Updated: Jul-05-15 2:46 am
Americans celebrated 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday with extravagant fireworks displays, rock and classical concerts and parades both big and small. Here were some highlights of Independence Day festivities around the nation:
- Spectators brave tight security for NYC fireworks show Updated: Jul-04-15 11:56 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of thousands of people braved tight security along New York City's East River to watch the annual Macy's Fourth of July fireworks display.
- Barry Manilow headliens 'Capitol Fourth' concert in DC Updated: Jul-04-15 11:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Barry Manilow sang a medley of "Let Freedom Ring" to lead off a booming fireworks display on the National Mall.
- Music, cultural celebrations mark July 4th festivities in DC Updated: Jul-04-15 10:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The National Symphony played the "1812 Overture" as cannons roared amid a fireworks display on the National Mall.
- Billy Joel weds girlfriend during Fourth of July party Updated: Jul-04-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - Billy Joel married girlfriend Alexis Roderick in a surprise ceremony at the couple's annual Fourth of July party.
- NBC returns to NASCAR coverage with Sunday race at Daytona Updated: Jul-04-15 6:36 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - For 29 years, the summer race at Daytona International Speedway was a part of the nation's birthday.
- Nebraska National Guard museum holds dedication ceremony Updated: Jul-04-15 5:33 pm
SEWARD, Nebraska - The Nebraska National Guard held a dedication ceremony for its new museum during Independence Day festivities in Seward.
- Gov. Walker and Wisconsin GOP retreat on open records limits Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a sudden reversal amid a stinging backlash, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and GOP legislative leaders said they agreed Saturday to completely remove a part of the proposed state budget that would severely roll back open records laws.
- 'Candy Bomber' drops sweets from Utah's air for July 4 Updated: Jul-04-15 4:31 pm
OREM, Utah - A pilot who delivered candy to children in Berlin at the end of World War II parachuted sweets down to Orem to celebrate Independence Day.
- July 4th visitors get glimpse of Peru in America's capital Updated: Jul-04-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Visitors on the National Mall are getting a glimpse of Peru's arts and culture, along with patriotic celebrations for America's birthday.
- National Archives invites visitors to 'sign' the Declaration Updated: Jul-04-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Visitors to the National Archives building in Washington got a chance to "sign" the Declaration of Independence to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- Trooper: Oklahoma cheerleaders injured in crash after parade Updated: Jul-04-15 3:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma troopers say a high school cheerleader is in critical condition following a rollover crash that injured two other girls and two adults who were leaving a Fourth of July parade.
- No injuries as woman hits cars, house trying avoid parade Updated: Jul-04-15 3:21 pm
EAST LONGMEADOW, Massachusetts - Police say a woman hit two cars and a house while trying to turn around and avoid the Fourth of July parade in East Longmeadow.
- Train service ramping up to take crowds to National Mall Updated: Jul-04-15 3:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Metro is increasing train service to help people get to the National Mall to see the fireworks.
- Organizers of Navy Pier July 4th fireworks say arrive early Updated: Jul-04-15 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - Organizers of the Independence Day fireworks display at Chicago's Navy Pier are recommending that visitors arrive early.
- Nebraska State Patrol to step up enforcement for July 4th Updated: Jul-04-15 1:01 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - More state troopers will be on Nebraska roads this holiday weekend, thanks to a nearly $12,000 state grant.
- Celebrations planned throughout Delaware for July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 1:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware is celebrating the Fourth of July with parades, food-eating contests and fireworks.
- National Aquarium hosting Fourth of July pier party Updated: Jul-04-15 12:34 pm
BALTIMORE - The National Aquarium in Baltimore is hosting a July Fourth party.
- 40 new citizens welcomed in Baltimore ceremony Updated: Jul-04-15 11:20 am
BALTIMORE - Officials in Baltimore have welcomed 40 new citizens with a special naturalization ceremony on the Fourth of July.
- Mardi Gras business lasts all 12 months at Jefferson Variety Updated: Jul-04-15 11:04 am
JEFFERSON, Louisiana - All year long, Jill Schneider works to create the most coveted specialty throw of the Krewe of Muses Mardi Gras parade, the decorative shoe. A member of the all-female krewe for 6 years, Schneider has transformed a workroom attached to her New Orleans home into a gallery of glitter, a studio of sequins, an art house of appliques and a sparkly shrine for her embellished high heel shoes.
- 'Do it in DoMo': Downtown Monroe on a comeback Updated: Jul-04-15 11:02 am
MONROE, Louisiana - If you love a comeback story, then downtown Monroe is for you.
- Sultan woman receives high school diploma on 100th birthday Updated: Jul-04-15 10:08 am
SULTAN, Washington - A 100th birthday party here doubled as a high school graduation ceremony.