- House votes to bar purchases of heavy water from Iran Updated: May-25-16 11:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The House voted Wednesday to bar the U.S. government from future purchases of heavy water from Iran, undercutting the controversial nuclear pact with that nation and earning a certain veto threat on a key government funding bill.
- Real estate world aflutter as Obama looks for his next home Updated: May-25-16 6:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate circles buzzed Wednesday over reports that President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, have decided to lease a nine-bedroom mansion in one of Washington's poshest neighborhoods when he leaves office in January.
- O'Keeffe Museum buys artist's rarely seen Lake George work Updated: May-25-16 3:35 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe has acquired a rarely seen painting created by the artist in 1926.
- Agents say real estate market isn't as fun as it used to be Updated: May-25-16 11:51 am
NEW YORK - Real estate agents are flummoxed by a housing market that's still trying to recover a decade after its historic collapse.
- State focuses on pollution rules for Fairbanks, North Pole Updated: May-25-16 8:49 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska officials are outlining new measures to control pollution in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, as federal regulators plan to upgrade two borough cities from moderate to serious air quality non-attainment areas this summer.
- Autopsy: Man found in St. Martin pond died of drowning Updated: May-25-16 4:30 am
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - Officials say a man found dead in a pond near an apartment complex in St. Martin drowned.
- US new-home sales jump to highest level in more than 8 years Updated: May-24-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - Americans ramped up their purchases of new homes in April to the highest level since January 2008, evidence of a strong start to the spring buying season.
- Massachusetts home sales soar; median prices also rise Updated: May-24-16 8:54 am
BOSTON - Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts soared to their highest level for the month of April in more than a decade, according to two organizations that track the housing market.
- Body pulled from pond near apartment complex Updated: May-24-16 4:08 am
OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi - The Jackson County Sheriff's Department says a body has been pulled from a pond near an apartment complex in St. Martin.
- Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison buys mom a house Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Damon Harrison hasn't played a game for the New York Giants and he has already started delivering.
- Connecticut city a playground for affluent millennials Updated: May-23-16 10:10 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - When Zahir Dossa decided to propose to his girlfriend, he wanted to do it at a favorite spot- the private rooftop deck of the couple's downtown apartment.
- AG: Roofer took insurance checks, never finished work Updated: May-23-16 3:15 am
CINCINNATI - The state attorney general is suing a Cincinnati roofing company over more than a dozen complaints that the company took insurance checks but the work was either never finished or was done improperly.
- Nebraska authorities warn about storm repair scams Updated: May-22-16 5:04 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska homeowners are being urged to be careful about hiring contractors to repair damage from recent storms.
- Couple pressured to sell home to make way for parking lot Updated: May-22-16 12:10 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A couple is facing pressure to sell their downtown Rapid City home to Pennington County, which wants to build a parking lot in its place.
- Wahpeton chamber buying former school district offices Updated: May-22-16 9:21 am
WAHPETON, North Dakota - The Wahpeton-Breckenridge Area Chamber of Commerce has reached an agreement to buy the Wahpeton Public Schools district office for its new home.
- As condos sales slow, Miami developers turn to rentals Updated: May-22-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - As Miami's condo market loses traction amid a softening world economy, developers are shifting gears.
- Proposed tax bill cuts costs on suites, not standard seats Updated: May-21-16 10:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota sports fans who watch games from the best seats in the house could get a cushy deal from the Legislature.
- Influx of student housing leaves homes around UA empty Updated: May-21-16 11:23 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A dwindling occupancy rate for homes surrounding the University of Arizona has the campus and the city of Tucson looking to staff and faculty to fill the void.
- Medical marijuana growers in Jackson County fly under radar Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Only a handful of medical marijuana growers have applied for Jackson County permits to keep growing on rural residential land - even though growers without permits face fines of up to $10,000 and orders to remove their plants.
- Prosecutors: Teen killed with Chicago family begged for life Updated: May-20-16 7:54 pm
CHICAGO - A 13-year-old boy who listened as his younger brother was stabbed to death by a relative begged for his own life before he was killed in a Chicago attack in which four adults also were slain, prosecutors said Friday.
- Rhode Island House votes to loosen brewery restrictions Updated: May-20-16 11:29 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House has passed a bill that would raise the limit on how much beer can be sold to customers visiting breweries.
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest Updated: May-20-16 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - Midwestern homebuyers helped spark a national increase in real estate sales during April, a sign that demand for housing remains steady despite rising prices and tight inventories.
- Newton County deputies investigate deadly stabbing Updated: May-20-16 8:29 am
OXFORD, Georgia - Authorities say a fight between three people led to a deadly stabbing in a gated Newton County neighborhood.
- Buyer found for 143-year-old Quechee church needing repairs Updated: May-20-16 3:16 am
QUECHEE, Vermont - Officials say an agreement has been reached on the sale of a 143-year-old church needing roughly $100,000 in repairs in Quechee.
- Eiffel Tower to be turned into a Euro 2016 rental apartment Updated: May-19-16 6:40 pm
PARIS - Four lucky competition winners are set to be the first people in history to use the Eiffel Tower as a vacation home next month.