- New routine: Islanders adjusting to playing in Brooklyn Updated: Oct-07-15 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - John Tavares, Kyle Okposo and the New York Islanders have a new routine for home games: Get up in the morning, get ready and head to the train station to get on the Long Island Rail Road.
- The Latest: UK wants UN vote soon on refugee smuggling Updated: Oct-07-15 11:53 am
BRUSSELS - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- Expect more online fraud as new credit cards arrive Updated: Oct-07-15 11:00 am
NEW YORK - The new chip credit cards that shoppers are getting in their mailboxes may prevent criminals from stealing from stores, but many thieves are expected to move their operations online. Small businesses could be the most vulnerable.
- James Patterson to pay holiday bonuses to bookstore workers Updated: Oct-07-15 8:45 am
NEW YORK - Attention employees at independent bookstores: James Patterson would like to pay you a holiday bonus.
- Work environment at Motor Vehicle Division being probed Updated: Oct-07-15 8:01 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Human Resources Management Services is investigating the state Transportation Department's Motor Vehicle Division, after former employees characterized the work environment as stressful and hostile.
- Culture Center evacuated after workers hit nearby gas line Updated: Oct-06-15 2:15 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Authorities say the Culture Center was evacuated after a construction crew hit a nearby high-pressure gas line.
- Paycheck mystery: More jobs and fewer people but limp raises Updated: Oct-03-15 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - Companies have posted a record number of job openings just when a diminished proportion of Americans are either working or looking for work.
- Apart from low unemployment, just how healthy is job market? Updated: Oct-01-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. unemployment rate - now just 5.1 percent - grabs a lot of the attention each month when the government issues its jobs data. Yet the rate doesn't come close to sketching a full picture of the job market.
- Florida Gov. Scott now Big Apple bound in job hunt Updated: Oct-01-15 3:26 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is Big Apple bound as part of his ongoing push to lure jobs to the Sunshine State.
- Missouri summer jobs program places more than 3,100 youths Updated: Sep-30-15 6:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A new Missouri summer jobs program provided more than 3,000 low-income youth with work experience.
- GameStop joins other retailers as it steps up holiday hiring Updated: Sep-29-15 10:39 am
NEW YORK - GameStop will hire more than 28,000 part-time workers for the holiday shopping season, up 12 percent from last year, the gaming retailer said Tuesday.
- Colleges help student startups navigate the legal landscape Updated: Sep-28-15 1:00 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - It seemed like a sure thing. Working on weekends in a cramped fraternity room, four friends at MIT built a computer program that would give websites a new way to make money without online ads.
- Local school puts students in real-life work environment Updated: Sep-27-15 10:35 pm
ATLANTA - Chris Keysor admits it: As president and CEO of the Lenbrook, a 500-resident retirement community in Buckhead, he wasn't quite sure how having high school students come in as interns would work. Approached with the idea last year, he realized the opportunities would be different from more traditional business environments.
- Retailers featured at job fair set for southwest Ohio Updated: Sep-27-15 1:01 pm
BATAVIA, Ohio - A workforce center in southwest Ohio plans a retail job fair later this month.
- USPS needs more workers in South Dakota for upcoming season Updated: Sep-27-15 12:43 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The U.S. Postal Service needs more workers in South Dakota for the upcoming holiday season and plans to hire 58 people.
- K-State kicker Jack Cantele's story one of redemption Updated: Sep-25-15 2:03 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - In the year since the worst night of his football career, Kansas State kicker Jack Cantele has learned perspective is everything when it comes to his story.
- Catching up with Anne-Marie Slaughter on work-life balance Updated: Sep-25-15 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Anne-Marie Slaughter is back on the train from her home in Princeton, New Jersey, to Washington, D.C., but only a couple of days a week and in a new capacity: private-sector big thinker on foreign politics and family policy in the digital age.
- Feds: 'Porn King' sentenced for duping 250-plus job seekers Updated: Sep-25-15 6:58 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man who called himself the "Porn King" has been sentenced for duping more than 250 people into giving him money in return for jobs in the pornography business that didn't exist.
- Nasdaq center aims to build relationships with startups Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Nasdaq has long been known as the "tech-heavy" stock exchange, where some of Silicon Valley's best-known companies have gone to sell shares. Now, as it faces stiff competition from rival exchanges to lure the next hot IPO, it's reaching out to business startups before they go public.
- Macy's expects to fill 2,900 seasonal jobs in Martinsburg Updated: Sep-23-15 8:34 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Macy's spokesman says the retailer expects to hire about 2,900 seasonal workers at its Martinsburg eCommerce Fulfillment Center.
- Shreveport Police to hold job fair Updated: Sep-23-15 4:06 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Shreveport Police Department is seeking to boost its force as it holds its annual job fair this weekend.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Sep-22-15 8:27 pm
Star Tribune, Sept. 22
- Report: Higher smoking, drinking among construction workers Updated: Sep-21-15 6:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah residents who work in construction and manufacturing are more likely to smoke and binge drink than workers in other industries, according to a new report from Utah's Department of Health.
- Macy's plans to add 85K seasonal holiday hiring workers Updated: Sep-21-15 11:41 am
NEW YORK - Macy's Inc. plans to hire about 85,000 seasonal workers for temporary jobs ahead of the holidays to meet expected higher demand. That is about the same as a year ago.
- Oklahoma tobacco endowment eyed to fund teacher pay raise Updated: Sep-20-15 12:20 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Fifteen years after Oklahoma voters created an endowed trust for programs that discourage tobacco use and promote healthy lifestyles, a state lawmaker wants to use the fund to finance pay raises for teachers.