- The Latest: Utah authorities clamp down on halfway houses Updated: Feb-11-16 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the investigation into three different parolees who have walked away from a state-run Salt Lake City halfway house and violently clashed with police (all times local):
- Sex offender wanted in California is arrested in Arizona Updated: Feb-11-16 4:17 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Federal authorities say a sex offender wanted in California has been arrested in northwestern Arizona.
- Judge: Man is fugitive former child TV host from Louisiana Updated: Feb-11-16 2:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge ruled Thursday that a former Cub Scout leader in the San Diego area is the former child television show host "Mr. Wonder," who fled Louisiana in 1979 amid allegations that he sexually abused children on a camping trip.
- The Latest: San Diego court says man is Louisiana fugitive Updated: Feb-11-16 1:26 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Latest on a San Diego court hearing to confirm that a recently arrested man is a fugitive from Louisiana wanted in an investigation of 1979 child sex abuse allegations (all times local):
- San Diego hearing to determine if man is Louisiana fugitive Updated: Feb-11-16 12:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego court will determine whether a recently arrested man is a former children's TV show host known as "Mr. Wonder," who fled Louisiana in 1979 amid allegations he sexually abused children on a camping trip.
- 2nd fatal Big Island officer-involved shooting in days Updated: Feb-10-16 3:26 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Police officers on the Big Island have shot and killed a fugitive for the second time in less than a week.
- Man sought in stabbing kills himself in Wyoming Updated: Feb-09-16 10:54 pm
DENVER - Investigators say a man suspected of stabbing a woman in suburban Denver killed himself during a standoff at a motel in Wyoming.
- Man wanted in Colorado found dead in Cheyenne motel Updated: Feb-06-16 2:15 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Police say a man wanted in Colorado has been found dead in a south Cheyenne motel room where he had barricaded himself.
- Sentencing set for trail-hiking embezzlement fugitive Updated: Feb-06-16 6:15 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge in southwest Ohio has scheduled sentencing for March 30 for a Kentucky accountant who spent much of six years as a fugitive hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Man charged with murder in Washington may be in Los Angeles Updated: Feb-04-16 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a man charged with murder in Tacoma, Washington may be in the Los Angeles area, and the brother charged with helping him flee is in custody.
- Washoe DA clears 2 officers in 2014 fatal shooting in Reno Updated: Feb-04-16 3:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two veteran detectives were justified when they fatally shot an armed fugitive when he grabbed a handgun from his waistband while approaching the officers near a daycare center in September 2014, Washoe County District Attorney Chris Hicks said Thursday.
- The Latest: Cabbie says California jail fugitive saved him Updated: Feb-03-16 5:39 pm
WESTMINSTER, California - The Latest on three inmates who were recaptured after escaping from a California jail (all times local):
- Boston mobster's longtime love pleads guilty to contempt Updated: Feb-03-16 4:08 pm
BOSTON - The woman who spent 16 years on the run with Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger pleaded guilty Wednesday to a criminal contempt charge for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating whether other people helped him as a fugitive.
- New York real estate heir pleads guilty on weapons charge Updated: Feb-03-16 2:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New York real estate heir pleaded guilty in New Orleans on Wednesday to a weapons charge and agreed to an 85-month prison sentence, a move that could usher in his extradition to California to face murder charges.
- The Latest: Prosecutor talks about heir's proposed sentence Updated: Feb-03-16 12:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the plea agreement of a New York heir wanted in California for the death of a friend (all times local):
- Child-Sex trafficking suspect, ex-fugitive, pleads guilty Updated: Feb-02-16 3:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man who fled to Mississippi to avoid child-sex trafficking charges has pleaded guilty.
- 911 call reveals fugitive was scared, ready to surrender Updated: Feb-02-16 8:58 am
SANTA ANA, California - The first of three fugitives to be caught after a California jail escape said he was scared and ready to surrender, a 911 call released Monday revealed.
- Virginia homicide suspect shoots himself in Massachusetts Updated: Jan-28-16 7:33 am
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - Authorities say a man wanted in connection with a homicide in Virginia shot himself in the head as police closed in on him in Massachusetts.
- Ex-wife of a leader of polygamous church testifies Updated: Jan-27-16 6:26 pm
PHOENIX - The ex-wife of a leader in a polygamous church teared up in court Wednesday when recalling how she was isolated from her children and feared even authorities would help hide them from her.
- Officers follow tracks in snow, catch fugitive Iowa inmate Updated: Jan-27-16 8:33 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities say officers have captured an inmate listed as escaped from the Council Bluffs Work Release Facility.
- Man wanted in Pennsylvania fatal shooting nabbed in Arizona Updated: Jan-26-16 6:38 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Federal authorities say a man wanted in connection with a shooting death in a Pennsylvania bar last year has been arrested in southern Arizona.
- Boston Mafia associated pleads guilty to Idaho gun charge Updated: Jan-25-16 9:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Officials say a longtime fugitive and Boston Mafia associate who spent years on the lam as an Idaho rancher has pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of firearms.
- Fugitive wanted in California caught in New Mexico Updated: Jan-23-16 11:09 am
LEMITAR, New Mexico - A man with outstanding warrants in California and Washington state has been captured by New Mexico State Police.
- Man accused of killing wife in SC arrested near Atlanta Updated: Jan-21-16 6:31 pm
ATLANTA - Federal authorities say a man accused of killing his wife in South Carolina has been arrested near Atlanta.
- Former fugitive pastor in Vegas child sex case found guilty Updated: Jan-21-16 6:11 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former Las Vegas area pastor who fled the country after he was accused of sexually assaulting girls as young as 7 in his congregation has been found guilty.