- Ex-Omaha teacher sentenced in sex-with-student case Updated: Apr-20-16 7:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former English teacher convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old Omaha student has been sentenced to prison.
- Missouri education officials approve new English, math goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:27 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri became the latest state to adopt a new set of education benchmarks to replace the national Common Core standards, ditching the benchmarks Tuesday following conservative backlash.
- ACLU, advocates file complaint against Providence schools Updated: Apr-16-16 4:27 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union and local advocates have filed a complaint alleging the Providence School District doesn't provide adequate services to English language learners.
- Resurrected sex education restrictions draw public ire Updated: Apr-15-16 9:41 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Public commenters berated two Wasilla legislators for inserting controversial language restricting sex education in schools in a parental rights and student testing bill.
- German university starts training plan for refugee teachers Updated: Apr-14-16 10:44 am
POTSDAM, Germany - A German university has launched a program aimed at enabling teachers who fled Syria and other countries to return to the classroom, potentially helping them serve as bridge-builders between German schools and last year's many new arrivals.
- Kansas website aims to boost residents' financial literacy Updated: Apr-11-16 3:02 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The state of Kansas has launched a new financial literacy website in an effort to educate residents about some of the money management challenges they face.
- Teacher who won $1M accused of shoplifting $14.99 blouse Updated: Apr-07-16 4:14 pm
EDGECOMB, Maine - An English teacher from Maine who won the $1 million Global Teacher Prize last year has been accused of shoplifting a blouse worth $14.99.
- Ex-teacher files handwritten response in sex lawsuit Updated: Apr-05-16 6:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former high school English teacher has filed a handwritten response to a lawsuit over her sexual contact with underage students.
- NYC plans expansion of public school bilingual programs Updated: Apr-04-16 7:09 am
NEW YORK - New York City has plans to expand bilingual education programs at its public schools.