- Minnesota science museum creating space research kits Updated: Apr-29-16 11:47 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Science Museum of Minnesota has a $14 million contract to help turn NASA's deep wealth of space research into interactive exhibits, activities and other learning experiences.
- High product, labor costs lead to decline in Boeing's profit Updated: Apr-27-16 3:22 pm
NEW YORK - Aerospace giant Boeing Co. saw its quarterly earnings plunge 9 percent compared to last year, with the Chicago-based company posting $1.2 billion in profits.
- NASA astronauts prepare for flight on commercial spacecraft Updated: Apr-27-16 9:10 am
ST. LOUIS - Five years after the last NASA astronauts flew from Cape Canaveral, Florida, to the International Space Station, a new group is preparing for a trip, this time on a private spacecraft.
- Solar-plane pilots say trip was also test of human endurance Updated: Apr-24-16 9:41 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - The two Swiss pilots taking turns to fly a solar-powered airplane around the world said Sunday the endeavor is not only a demonstration of the importance of renewable energy but also of the many challenges the human body can endure.
- The Latest: Pilot tells of difficulties of long solar flight Updated: Apr-24-16 8:50 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - The Latest on a solar plane that landed in California after crossing the Pacific (all times local):
- Lens used during Apollo mission sells for more than $450,000 Updated: Apr-22-16 1:18 pm
BOSTON - A camera lens used during the Apollo 15 space mission in 1971 has been sold at auction for more than $450,000.
- China plans to land on Mars by 2020 Updated: Apr-22-16 6:46 am
BEIJING - Work is proceeding quickly on China's planned mission to land a rover on Mars by 2020, the chief administrator of the country's ambitious space program said Friday.
- Area glass artist making art of rocket science Updated: Apr-17-16 3:06 am
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Rik Allen was 11 years old when "Star Wars" came out. He was a self-described "science fiction nerd."
- Space shuttle tank begins epic journey to Los Angeles Updated: Apr-11-16 12:24 am
LOS ANGELES - ET-94, a massive external fuel tank built for the space shuttle program but never used in flight, is on an ocean barge bound for Los Angeles.
- Space station getting inflatable room, a cosmic 1st Updated: Apr-07-16 3:30 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Forget blowup air mattresses. Space station astronauts are getting their first inflatable room.
- Officials unveil new drone lab at Reno-Stead Airport Updated: Apr-07-16 12:31 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada has teamed up with NASA to conduct more research and testing on drones, which will take place at a new laboratory at Reno-Stead Airport.
- Inslee appoints new head of aerospace industry development Updated: Apr-04-16 9:06 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington governor has appointed a new head of the state Office of Aerospace to lead efforts to develop the aerospace industry sector.