- Solar-powered plane lands in Hawaii after flight from Japan Updated: Jul-03-15 12:41 pm
KAPOLEI, Hawaii - A plane powered by the sun's rays landed in Hawaii Friday after a record-breaking five-day journey across the Pacific Ocean from Japan.
- Texas students' science project was aboard SpaceX rocket Updated: Jun-29-15 1:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Some Austin-area students have lost their science experiment in the weekend explosion of the unmanned SpaceX rocket after a launch from Florida.
- Solar Impulse plane en route to Hawaii from Japan Updated: Jun-29-15 1:16 am
TOKYO - A solar-powered plane took off from Japan early Monday to attempt a five-day flight over open water to Hawaii, the eighth leg of its bid to fly around the world without fuel.
- Solar plane departure from Japan for Hawaii postponed Updated: Jun-23-15 6:43 pm
NAGOYA, Japan - A solar-powered plane carrying no fuel has postponed its departure from central Japan for Hawaii due to worse than expected weather conditions.
- Earthlings, NASA send toast to Martians: Happy New Year! Updated: Jun-15-15 4:46 pm
MARS, Pennsylvania - Earth to Mars: Happy New Year!
- Spacecraft that landed on comet finally wakes up Updated: Jun-14-15 3:29 pm
BERLIN - To scientists' relief and delight, the Philae spacecraft that landed on a comet last fall has woken up and communicated with Earth after seven long months of silence, the European Space Agency announced Sunday.
- NASA: Mars test parachute failed soon after inflating Updated: Jun-09-15 7:53 pm
HONOLULU - A parachute inflated during a test of new technology for landing larger spacecraft on Mars, but it then disintegrated immediately afterward, NASA officials said Tuesday.
- NASA gives UND $750,000 for multi-purpose research station Updated: Jun-07-15 10:52 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota has received a $750,000 grant for a multi-purpose research station in support of NASA*s future missions.
- University of Oklahoma to receive NASA space research grant Updated: Jun-05-15 3:08 am
- N. Korea developing new satellite, defends space program Updated: Jun-04-15 5:21 pm
TOKYO - North Korean space agency officials say the country is developing a more advanced Earth observation satellite and are defending their right to conduct rocket launches whenever they see fit, despite protests by the United States and others that the launches are aimed primarily at honing military-use technologies.
- Marlins still waiting on their custom-designed plane Updated: Jun-03-15 5:58 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins have been slow out the gate this year, and their new custom-designed team plane has yet to get off the ground.