- Researchers: Asian bank hacks may be linked to North Korea Updated: May-27-16 12:58 pm
NEW YORK - Cybersecurity researchers say North Korea might be connected to a recent attack that resulted in the theft of over $100 million from the Bangladeshi central bank and the attempted thefts of millions more from other Asian banks.
- Origin of key Clinton emails from report are a mystery Updated: May-26-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was supposed to have turned over all work-related emails to the State Department to be released to the public. But an agency audit found at least three emails never seen before - including Clinton's own explanation of why she wanted her emails kept private.
- Feds: Opelousas hacker sentenced to 1 year in prison Updated: May-26-16 7:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Federal prosecutors say a 29-year-old Opelousas computer hacker has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for stealing money, hacking computers and trying to sell information on a hacking forum.
- Correction: Campaign 2016-Foreign Hacking story Updated: May-23-16 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - In a story May 18 about possible foreign hacking into presidential campaigns, The Associated Press used the wrong configuration for the name of the chief executive officer of PKWARE. His name is V. Miller Newton, not V. Newton Miller.
- Fugitive accused of cyber fraud extradited from France Updated: May-20-16 6:52 pm
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a computer hacker accused of committing cyber fraud has been extradited from France.
- Computers and warrants: Some senators oppose Justice plan Updated: May-19-16 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators took a first step Thursday to blocking a Justice Department proposal that they say would make it too easy for the government to hack into computers during investigations.
- LinkedIn confirms 2012 hack exposed 117M user passwords Updated: May-18-16 5:31 pm
NEW YORK - LinkedIn said Wednesday that a 2012 breach resulted in more than 100 million of its users' passwords being compromised - vastly more than previously thought.
- Ukrainian hacker admits plotting to use stolen news releases Updated: May-16-16 1:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Ukrainian hacker pleaded guilty Monday to his role in an international scheme that used stolen unpublished news releases to make $30 million in profits.
- UK court says police can't make hacker hand over passwords Updated: May-10-16 7:36 am
LONDON - A judge has rejected an attempt by Britain's security services to force an alleged hacker to hand over the passwords to his encrypted computers.
- Digital spring cleaning: 4 'cyber hygiene' tips to stay safe Updated: May-04-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - Spring cleaning isn't just about tossing old furniture and torn clothing: It's a great time to clear out your digital clutter and make sure you're protected against hackers.
- Miami man accused of hacking frequent flyer accounts Updated: May-01-16 3:28 pm
MIAMI - Police say a Miami computer programmer hacked into the American Airlines accounts of travelers and stole $260,000 worth of frequent flyer miles.