- Senators grill personnel office nominee over data hack Updated: Feb-04-16 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nominee to head the Office of Personnel Management on Thursday promised to strengthen the agency's cybersecurity and information technology systems after what's believed to be the largest data breach in U.S. history.
- 17-year-old charged with hacking into high school computer Updated: Feb-03-16 11:00 am
CARY, North Carolina - A student has been arrested and charged with hacking into the computer system and changing some grades at Panther Creek High School in Cary.
- US to rework arms control rule on exporting hacker tools Updated: Feb-02-16 2:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government is rewriting a proposal under arms control rules from 20 years ago to make it simpler to export tools related to hacking and surveillance software since they are also used to secure computer networks.
- Obama enlists Pentagon to overhaul security clearance system Updated: Jan-22-16 7:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration asked the Pentagon on Friday to help overhaul the federal security clearance system, aiming to turn the page on a devastating data breach that exposed a major vulnerability for U.S. national security.
- Ukrainian admits leading ring that stole online bank data Updated: Jan-20-16 3:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Ukrainian man has admitted using thousands of infected computers to steal user names and passwords for bank accounts and other online services.
- Hackers attack Thai court websites to protest sentences Updated: Jan-13-16 9:20 am
BANGKOK - Hackers protesting Thailand's justice system have attacked official websites in the Southeast Asian nation for the second time this year, replacing or disabling the home pages of many sites affiliated with the court system.
- Feds: Non-Jeep car radios aren't vulnerable to hacking Updated: Jan-09-16 12:13 pm
DETROIT - U.S. safety regulators have determined that only Fiat Chrysler radios have a security flaw that allowed friendly hackers to take control of a Jeep last year.