- Man rescued from northern New Jersey river Updated: Aug-03-15 8:43 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - Police and firefighters rescued a man who was clinging to rocks in a northern New Jersey river.
- Agency: Man rescued from top of dam in west-central Indiana Updated: Aug-03-15 6:04 am
BRIDGETON, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says an 18-year-old man has been rescued from the top of a low-head dam in west-central Indiana.
- Officials: Beachgoers rescued drowning 7-year-old girl Updated: Aug-03-15 5:19 am
MILTON, Massachusetts - Fire officials say two good Samaritans helped save a 7-year-old girl from nearly drowning in a pond in Massachusetts.
- Illinois trooper honored for rescue of man in submerged car Updated: Aug-03-15 5:05 am
FAIRFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois state trooper is being honored with the agency's Medal of Honor for rescuing a McLeansboro man from a car that had plunged into a flooded drainage ditch last year.
- Search continues for body of woman at Alum Creek Lake Updated: Aug-03-15 3:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Authorities say the search will continue for the body of a 19-year-old woman presumed dead after a weekend boating accident in central Ohio.
- Nigeria: troops rescue 178 people, destroy extremist camps Updated: Aug-02-15 7:23 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigerian troops rescued 178 people from Boko Haram in attacks that destroyed several camps of the Islamic extremists in the northeast of the country, an army statement said Sunday.
- Berry picker missing since Thursday found in good condition Updated: Aug-02-15 6:56 pm
TROUT LAKE, Washington - Search and rescue teams have found the 87-year-old Oregon woman who went missing Thursday while picking huckleberries near Trout Lake in southwest Washington.
- Divers resume search in lake for Detroit-area fire chief Updated: Aug-02-15 6:26 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Oakland County divers have joined the search for a suburban Detroit fire chief who disappeared after jumping off a boat in Lake St. Clair to retrieve a hat.
- Coast Guard says 2 canoeist dead after leaving Maine port Updated: Aug-02-15 12:47 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Coast Guard officials say a Pennsylvania couple found dead after setting out on a canoe trip earlier this weekend were both wearing life jackets when their bodies were found.
- Man goes overboard, spends 4 hours in water before rescue Updated: Aug-02-15 12:44 pm
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - Authorities say a man who went overboard from a vessel spent more than four hours in waters off the southern New Jersey coast before he was rescued by a passing boat.
- FBI investigators join search for missing Idaho 2-year-old Updated: Aug-02-15 11:34 am
LEADORE, Idaho - The FBI is sending a team of investigators to assist the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office in its search for a missing 2-year-old who disappeared during a family camping trip.
- Peru government reports Shining Path captives rescued Updated: Aug-02-15 1:28 am
LIMA, Peru - Peruvian security forces rescued 54 adults and children, mostly members of the Ashaninka indigenous group, who had been held by Shining Path rebels in a remote jungle region, government officials said.
- Searchers find body of 12-year-old swimmer who went missing Updated: Aug-01-15 4:50 pm
PORTSMOUTH, Rhode Island - The body of a 12-year-old boy missing since he was swimming with family members Friday afternoon has been found in waters off Portsmouth.
- Missing 15-year-old Minnesota girl found safe Updated: Aug-01-15 3:40 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Minnesota - Minnesota authorities say a missing teenager was found safe.
- Off-duty officer helps rescue 2 trapped at burning home Updated: Aug-01-15 1:56 pm
LYNDHURST, New Jersey - An off-duty police officer helped rescue two people trapped on the roof of a burning home in northern New Jersey.
- Man sees hand sticking through NH sewer, another man rescued Updated: Aug-01-15 12:56 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A man was rescued from a sewer in Manchester, New Hampshire after a passerby saw a hand waving at him from the drain.
- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia Updated: Aug-01-15 11:49 am
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - A Coast Guard crew rescued a mother and daughter after their boat capsized off Georgia's coast.
- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- 'Gut-wrenching' decision: Search for teens suspended Updated: Jul-31-15 10:46 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - After hundreds of rescue workers fanned out across a massive swath of the Atlantic for a full week, the Coast Guard's search for two teenage fishermen ended Friday, a heart-rending decision for families so convinced the boys could be alive they're pressing on with their own hunt.
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Coast Guard honors teenage plane crash survivor Updated: Jul-31-15 7:50 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Coast Guard has honored the teenage survivor of a plane crash near Juneau for helping other passengers and attracting the attention of rescuers.
- Michigan man receives honor for rescuing children in Canada Updated: Jul-31-15 5:29 pm
MONTAGUE, Michigan - A western Michigan man was honored for his courageous actions after rescuing two children from a submerged vehicle last year in Canada.
- Authorities identify body pulled from Mississippi River Updated: Jul-31-15 3:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office has positively identified the body found floating in the Mississippi River earlier this week as that of 42-year-old Dave Hebron.
- Searchers comb lakes, homes, woods for missing toddler Updated: Jul-31-15 1:56 pm
Searchers have combed over 60 bodies of water, 40 square miles, and more than 2,000 homes and businesses in recent days, looking for a toddler who went missing eight days ago after his mother's boyfriend said someone stole his car while the boy slept inside, officials said Friday.
- Cops: Woman drowns while trying to rescue daughter, 2nd girl Updated: Jul-31-15 10:49 am
EVANS, New York - Authorities in western New York say a 51-year-old woman drowned while trying to rescue her 11-year-old daughter and another girl from the rough waters of Lake Erie.