- Cops seek killer of man who washed ashore in 'cement shoes' Updated: May-05-16 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - The victim washed ashore in Brooklyn, his body wrapped in plastic garbage bags, his head and hands covered in duct tape and his feet submerged in concrete - fitted with a pair of fabled "cement shoes."
- 4 people rescued 6 days after Kenyan building collapse Updated: May-05-16 12:22 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A Kenyan official says three more people have been rescued after being trapped for six days in the rubble of a collapsed building, bringing the number of those rescued Thursday to four.
- Sherriff's Office: Man beat woman, fled with 3-year-old boy Updated: May-05-16 7:34 am
SPOTSYLVANIA, Virginia - Authorities are searching for a 3-year-old boy they say is in "extreme danger" after his father beat his mother and took off with the boy.
- Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of rescue team Updated: May-04-16 2:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A Navy SEAL killed during a firefight in Iraq was part of a quick reaction force that moved in to rescue U.S. military advisers from an Islamic State attack, the Pentagon said Wednesday. The attack triggered a massive coalition air response that destroyed equipment, buildings and killed up to 60 militants.
- Sheriff identifies missing Butte man, search continues Updated: May-04-16 10:04 am
BUTTE, Montana - The Madison County sheriff says the search for a 60-year-old Butte man who went missing during a weekend camping trip north of Twin Bridges has moved into a recovery effort.
- People holding blanket save mom, kids from fire in S. Korea Updated: May-04-16 9:42 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Residents and U.S. military personnel in a South Korean city rescued a woman and her three children from a fire by safely catching them with a blanket as they fell four floors, fire officials said Wednesday.
- Boy: Sister, stranger went into hills; she never came back Updated: May-04-16 12:14 am
SHIPROCK, New Mexico - When the stranger approached Ian and Ashlynne Mike at the school bus stop, the boy was wary. But his older sister got lured into the van, and he didn't want her to go alone, so he went, too.
- The Latest: Cousin says girl was kind, loved to play music Updated: May-03-16 11:22 pm
SHIPROCK, New Mexico - The Latest on the kidnapping and killing of an 11-year-old girl from the Navajo Nation (all times local):
- Mexican officials searching for missing Seattle woman Updated: May-03-16 10:05 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials say they are searching for a Seattle woman who disappeared while backpacking in southern Mexico.
- A classic love tail: Man rescues dog. Dog rescues man. Updated: May-03-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - It's a classic love tail: Broken man meets broken dog and together they make life good again.
- Man arrested after toddler stabbed to death in Los Angeles Updated: May-03-16 4:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man is suspected of stabbing his live-in girlfriend and her 2-year-old daughter in their home, killing the little girl and critically wounding her mother, who was five months pregnant, authorities said Tuesday.
- Police: Man kills girlfriend, 2 others, himself in Florida Updated: May-03-16 4:01 pm
A man fatally shot his girlfriend, her father, and his ex-wife in Florida on Tuesday before turning the gun on himself, police said.
- Body washes onto Florida beach day after man goes missing Updated: May-03-16 12:09 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Officials say they believe the body of a missing swimmer has washed up onto a Florida beach.
- Boater rescued after running aground near Santa Cruz Island Updated: May-03-16 10:34 am
LOS ANGELES - The Coast Guard says a 67-year-old sailor was rescued after his sailboat ran aground in California's Channel Islands.
- Police search for woman who stole Relay for Life donations Updated: May-03-16 6:24 am
OLIVER SPRINGS, Tennessee - The Oliver Springs Police Department is searching for a person who stole donations meant to help support the fight against cancer.
- Philippines to discuss lease of Japan surveillance planes Updated: May-03-16 5:44 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine defense chief said Tuesday his government has agreed in principle to lease five Japanese surveillance planes to be used in patrolling disputed areas of the South China Sea and in search-and-rescue missions during disasters.
- Mother of 2 children found in San Antonio child abuse case Updated: May-02-16 8:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio authorities report they've located the mother of two of the eight children found unsupervised in a major child abuse case.
- Authorities: Boy found dead near ice caves likely drowned Updated: May-02-16 8:36 pm
GRANITE FALLS, Washington - Authorities say the 6-year-old boy who was missing around ice caves northeast of Seattle was found dead in a nearby river and likely drowned.
- FBI returns to home of man linked to $500M Boston art heist Updated: May-02-16 3:24 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal authorities returned on Monday to search the Connecticut property of a reputed mobster suspecting of having knowledge about the largest art heist in U.S. history.
- Passerby rescues man who tried to hang himself Updated: May-02-16 3:07 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who tried to hang himself from a bridge over the Yellowstone River in Billings was rescued by a passerby who cut the rope, sending the man into the water.
- Finding remains of missing women required exhaustive search Updated: May-02-16 10:32 am
HOUSTON - Shovels and flashlights in hand on a night in mid-February, investigators restarted the search nearly two decades after the girls went missing.
- Crews rescue fallen hiker near Stairway to Heaven Updated: May-02-16 9:23 am
HONOLULU - A hiker has been rescued near the off-limits Haiku Stairs Trail on Oahu after reporting that she fell about 40 feet.
- 12 rescued from sinking boat near Los Angeles Updated: May-02-16 9:11 am
LOS ANGELES - Twelve people have been rescued after their powerboat began to sink off Marina del Rey in Los Angeles.
- Swedish apartment building fire forces evacuation of 150 Updated: May-02-16 8:57 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish rescue workers say that an apartment building fire has forced the evacuation of more than 150 people as the blaze raged on the top floor, spreading from end to end along the 60-meter (200-foot) long building.
- Coast Guard rescues man injured off Ocean City Updated: May-02-16 8:38 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - The Coast Guard has rescued a man who was injured in a personal watercraft accident near Ocean City.