- Residents brace for more flooding as Texas river crests Updated: May-30-16 5:36 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Residents of some rural southeast Texas counties braced for more flooding on Monday along a river that is expected to crest at a record level just two years after it had run dry in places because of drought.
- Family of missing Kansas boy plans cookout for searchers Updated: May-30-16 4:47 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The family of an 11-year-old Wichita, Kansas, boy who went missing after falling into a swollen creek is thanking searchers for their efforts.
- 2 hikers rescued from shoreline of Crater Lake Updated: May-30-16 4:43 pm
CRATER LAKE NATIONAL PARK, Oregon - Parks officials say two hikers were rescued Monday after they were stranded overnight on the shoreline of Crater Lake in south-central Oregon.
- Suspected shark attack halts swimming at California beach Updated: May-30-16 3:21 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - Thousands of Memorial Day beachgoers were kept out of the water Monday as lifeguards searched miles of popular Southern California shoreline for a shark they believe attacked a swimmer the day before.
- The Latest: Swimming halted after suspected shark attack Updated: May-30-16 3:17 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - The Latest on a suspected shark attack at a Southern California beach (all times local):
- Hiker who was stranded overnight in New Hampshire is found Updated: May-30-16 2:58 pm
BARLETT, New Hampshire - New Hampshire officials say a lost hiker who was stranded overnight on Mount Madison has been found.
- Search continues on Missouri lake for missing boater Updated: May-30-16 12:58 pm
INDIAN POINT, Missouri - The search continues in a southwestern Missouri lake for a boater missing since last week.
- Family finds body of man swept away on Texas Gulf Coast Updated: May-30-16 11:17 am
HOUSTON - The Coast Guard says the body of a man who was swept away while trying to rescue a woman in distress has been recovered near where he disappeared on the Texas Gulf Coast.
- UK charges 2 men with immigration offenses after boat rescue Updated: May-30-16 11:08 am
LONDON - Two British men have been charged with immigration offenses after the weekend rescue of 18 Albanians whose small inflatable boat was taking on water in the English Channel, UK officials said Monday.
- New Hampshire officials rescue injured Massachusetts climber Updated: May-30-16 11:05 am
BARTLETT, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say they rescued an injured Massachusetts rock climber from Humphrey's Ledge in Bartlett Sunday.
- Japanese boy disappears after parents leave him in forest Updated: May-30-16 8:11 am
TOKYO - A 7-year-old boy is missing in a forest in northern Japan after his parents made him get out of their car as punishment for misbehaving.
- Tips sought as search for missing teen keeps coming up empty Updated: May-30-16 3:21 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Officials are hoping someone might provide information that helps lead them to a teenage girl abducted by an armed acquaintance after the latest widespread searches turned up nothing.
- Expired radio beacon sends distress call after being dropped Updated: May-29-16 5:39 pm
BOSTON - The Coast Guard says rescuers needlessly searched a Rhode Island bay after receiving a distress call from an expired radio beacon that had been improperly discarded.
- The Latest: Woman found dead in Hill Country after flood Updated: May-29-16 5:21 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Authorities ask for tips in missing teen case Updated: May-29-16 3:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the search for a Northern California girl abducted at gunpoint (all times local):
- Motel worker, guest rescue man who nearly drowned in pool Updated: May-29-16 2:00 pm
WILDWOOD CREST, New Jersey - Authorities say a motel worker and a guest rescued a man who nearly drowned in the motel's pool.
- UK coast guard rescues 20 people in English Channel Updated: May-29-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Britain's Home Office said Sunday that 20 people including 18 Albanians had been rescued overnight from an inflatable boat that started to take on water in the English Channel.
- Officials: Body of Canadian hiker found on Mount Washington Updated: May-29-16 8:26 am
PINKHAM NOTCH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say they have found the body of a Canadian hiker who had been missing for weeks.
- Arizona man rescued after being trapped in car for 3 days Updated: May-29-16 2:43 am
JEROME, Arizona - A man trapped in his crashed vehicle on a central Arizona mountain for three days might never have been rescued if not for a couple taking sightseeing photos, authorities said.
- Father, sons rescued after canoe submerges in Tualatin River Updated: May-28-16 7:46 pm
TUALATIN, Oregon - Rescue officials say a father and his two young sons were rescued after their canoe submerged in the Tualatin River.
- Hikers rescued after spending night near Mt. Defiance Updated: May-28-16 2:48 pm
SEATTLE - A father and son who became stranded while hiking near Snoqualmie Pass in King County were rescued after spending a cold night in the wilderness.
- Mason City man accused of killing kitten charged in warrant Updated: May-28-16 1:32 pm
MASON CITY, Iowa - Police are searching for a Mason City man accused of throwing a kitten against a wall, killing the animal.
- Leave baby wild animals alone, new campaign stresses Updated: May-28-16 10:15 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota wildlife official is trying to combat a scene she sees several times every summer: A mom and her children show up carrying a box with holes poked in the top and a baby wild animal inside.
- Rescuers transport injured Maine hiker nearly 3 miles Updated: May-28-16 9:18 am
CRAWFORD NOTCH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say a 66-year-old Maine hiker was rescued after injuring her ankle on the Webster Cliff Trail in Beans Grant - a section of the White Mountain National Forest.
- Family of lost hiker won't second-guess Maine over search Updated: May-27-16 11:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The family of a hiker who died after getting lost on the Appalachian Trail in Maine isn't going to criticize searchers even though they abandoned their full-scale effort while she was still alive.