- Capsized Yangtze ship cited over safety problems 2 years ago Updated: Jun-03-15 7:25 am
Eastern Star, the cruise ship that capsized in the Yangtze river with more than 450 people aboard, was cited for safety violations two years ago, records from a Chinese maritime agency show.
- The Latest on China Boat Sinking: Pope prays for victims Updated: Jun-03-15 6:44 am
12:30 p.m. (1030 GMT)
- China escalates effort to recover missing from capsized ship Updated: Jun-03-15 6:37 am
JIANLI, China - Chinese authorities escalated efforts to recover more than 410 people believed to be trapped inside an overturned river cruise ship Wednesday, deploying scores more divers and a large crane to possibly lift the craft.
- Boat capsizes in Utah windstorm; man, 3 children killed Updated: Jun-03-15 5:28 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A summery day on a Utah lake turned deadly for a family and friends when high waves and violent winds kicked up and capsized their boat, throwing all seven people into the cold water.
- Utility workers rescued after boat capsizes near Ala. dam Updated: Jun-02-15 7:58 pm
MUSCLE SHOALS, Alabama - Three utility workers and contractors were rescued after their boat capsized in northwestern Alabama.
- Bear attacks hunter in New Mexico's Lincoln National Forest Updated: Jun-02-15 3:56 pm
LINCOLN, New Mexico - Authorities are searching for an adult black bear involved in the attack of a 55-year-old hunter in New Mexico's Lincoln National Forest.
- Police target transient areas for man who stalked Mila Kunis Updated: Jun-02-15 1:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities focused on transient populations in the search for a man sentenced for stalking actress Mila Kunis after he escaped from a Southern California mental health facility.
- Survivors pulled from China boat capsizing; hundreds missing Updated: Jun-02-15 8:56 am
JIANLI, China - Divers on Tuesday pulled three people alive from inside an overturned cruise ship and searched for other survivors, state media said, giving some small hope to an apparently massive tragedy with well over 400 people still missing on the Yangtze River.
- Hiker in Columbia River Gorge rescued with clothing rope Updated: Jun-02-15 6:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon woman was saved by some quick thinking when she fell while hiking in the Columbia River Gorge.
- Abandoned pool where 2 boys rescued to be demolished Updated: Jun-02-15 4:02 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The owner of a St. Paul apartment complex says he's demolishing an abandoned pool where two boys had to be rescued by firefighters.
- Body of 17-year-old Georgia boy found off New Smyrna Beach Updated: Jun-02-15 3:05 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The body of a 17-year-old swimmer missing overnight has been found floating in the surf on New Smyrna Beach.
- Sheriff: Man, 30, believed swept away in E. Ore. river Updated: Jun-02-15 12:55 am
SPRAY, Oregon - An Eastern Oregon sheriff's officer says a 30-year-old man is believed to have been swept away in the John Day River.
- Wreckage of missing Yute Air plane found in Kwethluk River Updated: Jun-01-15 2:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The wreckage of a missing Yute Air plane has been found in the Kwethluk River.
- Mountain rescue teams reach climbers in the Enchantments Updated: Jun-01-15 10:41 am
WENATCHEE, Washington - The Chelan County Mountain Rescue team was busy over the weekend with two separate calls for sick and injured climbers.
- Ohio police say man ran from crash, leaving children in car Updated: Jun-01-15 9:52 am
AKRON, Ohio - Police in northeast Ohio are looking for a man they say crashed his car during a high-speed chase then ran away from officers, leaving four young children alone in the backseat.
- Body of missing boater recovered in Gunpowder River Updated: Jun-01-15 8:40 am
BALTIMORE - Authorities say the body of a man whose sailboat was found adrift near Sparrows Point has been found in Gunpowder River.
- Officials take new approach in search for New Jersey boy Updated: Jun-01-15 6:28 am
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - Officials are forming a new partnership as they continue searching for a New Jersey boy who disappeared in 1991.
- Fire marshal says 2 males missing after falling off boat Updated: Jun-01-15 2:59 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A Columbus fire marshal says a man and a teenager are missing after falling from a boat.
- Latest on weather: Dallas-area officials warn of flood risk Updated: Jun-01-15 12:43 am
10 p.m. (CDT)
- Indianapolis landfill search for infant finds no evidence Updated: May-31-15 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Police officers searched a landfill Sunday for clues in the disappearance of a missing 3-month-old girl now believed to be dead, a spokesman said.
- State police, park ranger, assist stranded hiker Updated: May-31-15 9:43 am
ELMORE, Vermont - Vermont state police and a park ranger came to the rescue of a female hiker who was stranded in severe weather on Elmore Mountain.
- Journalist learns more about brother killed in Vietnam Updated: May-31-15 3:05 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In 2010, Yale graduate, journalist, author and Emmy-award winning documentary producer Gaspar GonzÃ¡lez began a quest to find out more about his brother, Nelson Ramirez, a U.S. serviceman who was killed in Vietnam in May 1968, before Gonzalez was born.
- Mother's boyfriend arrested in death of missing 6-year-old Updated: May-30-15 6:55 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A frantic search for a 6-year-old Northern California girl turned into a homicide investigation on Saturday after detectives announced they are nearly certain that a small burned body discovered in a rural area about 100 miles away belonged to the missing child.
- Coast Guard looking for 1 crewmember after tugboat sinks Updated: May-30-15 5:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Coast Guard is searching for a missing crewmember from a tugboat that sank in the Mississippi River.
- Coast Guard looking for 1 crewmember after tugboat sinks Updated: May-30-15 4:14 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Coast Guard is searching for a missing crewmember from a tugboat that sank in the Mississippi River on Saturday.