- How to help fishermen rescued from slavery at sea in SE Asia Updated: Jul-01-15 1:07 am
Aid groups are working to support and settle hundreds of men rescued from slavery at sea in Southeast Asia. The money will be used to help victims seek justice and rebuild lives.
- Police: 141 bodies recovered from Indonesia plane crash Updated: Jul-01-15 12:16 am
MEDAN, Indonesia - The death toll from the crash of an air force transport plane in the Indonesian city of Medan jumped to more than 140 on Wednesday, indicating a growing list of victims from the neighborhood where the plane went down.
- Evidence suggests foul play in missing Maricopa couple case Updated: Jun-30-15 10:36 pm
MARICOPA, Arizona - Pinal County Sheriff's investigators have evidence that suggests foul play in the case of a Maricopa couple missing for more than a week, authorities said Tuesday.
- Family: Stranded woman rescued after giving birth in forest Updated: Jun-30-15 7:02 pm
OROVILLE, California - Authorities rescued a woman and her newborn baby after her family says she gave birth in a remote national forest in Northern California.
- Police identify man whose body was found in Red River in ND Updated: Jun-30-15 4:13 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Authorities have identified the man whose body was found in the Red River near downtown Grand Forks Monday night.
- Missoula police looking for burglary suspect Updated: Jun-30-15 3:20 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Police in Missoula are searching for a man who reportedly entered a woman's residence early Tuesday with a knife and said he was looking for money and marijuana.
- Search underway for man near south Jersey inlet Updated: Jun-30-15 10:52 am
NORTH WILDWOOD, New Jersey - Rescuers are searching for a man who was in distress in the ocean near Hereford Inlet in southern New Jersey.
- Cedar Rapids search resumes for man who jumped into river Updated: Jun-30-15 10:37 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Teams have resumed their search for a man who witnesses say jumped into the Cedar River after dropping two shoes into the water.
- Officials say man rescued after fall from cliff at Iowa park Updated: Jun-30-15 8:00 am
MADRID, Iowa - A second person in nine days has fallen from a cliff in a central Iowa state park.
- Lightning on Colorado mountain sends 3 hikers to hospital Updated: Jun-29-15 6:47 pm
GEORGETOWN, Colorado - Lightning struck near the top of a more than 14,000-foot mountain popular with hikers, sending three people to hospitals and killing a dog, Colorado authorities said.
- Items belonging to missing hunter found in Crazy Mountains Updated: Jun-29-15 6:10 pm
BIG TIMBER, Montana - A man doing some fencing work in the Crazy Mountains found items belonging to a 38-year-old Bozeman man who went missing during an elk hunt in September 2014.
- Medical workers attending church save woman's life Updated: Jun-29-15 4:50 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Medical workers attending church in Greenville demonstrated the meaning of providence when they saved the life of a woman who passed out prior to the service.
- Texas woman vanishes while snorkeling off Curacao Updated: Jun-29-15 4:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A Texas woman vanished while snorkeling off the northwestern coast of Curacao last week, and the local coast guard stopped looking for her after three days of fruitless searching, authorities reported Monday.
- Crews recover drowning victim in Duck River Updated: Jun-29-15 3:04 pm
COLUMBIA, Tennessee - Maury County emergency workers have recovered the body of a 14-year-old boy who they believe drowned in the Duck River.
- 2 in custody as police search for missing Vicksburg woman Updated: Jun-29-15 9:20 am
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - As the search goes on for a missing 69-year-old Vicksburg woman, police in Vicksburg say they have taken two men into custody in connection with the case.
- Hartford police looking for suspect in child sex case Updated: Jun-29-15 9:02 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are asking for help finding a 64-year-old man accused of trying to sexually assault a child.
- Man's body recovered from Little Cottonwood Creek Updated: Jun-29-15 8:05 am
SANDY, Utah - Police say a man whose body was discovered in Little Cottonwood Creek had been riding a motorcycle down the canyon before he crashed and died.
- Coast Guard searches for missing jet skier off Alabama coast Updated: Jun-29-15 7:50 am
FORT MORGAN, Alabama - U.S. Coast Guard crews are searching for a jet skier who went missing off the Alabama coast near Fort Morgan.
- Father, son, rescued from river after losing canoe paddle Updated: Jun-29-15 7:35 am
MORETOWN, Vermont - A father and his 12-year-old son from Illinois are fine after they were rescued from an island in Vermont's Winooski River after losing a canoe paddle.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 stranded boaters in Favorite Channel Updated: Jun-29-15 7:07 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Coast Guard rescued three stranded boaters from a small island in Favorite Channel.
- 1 man dead, 7 rescued in boating accident on James River Updated: Jun-29-15 6:57 am
BUCHANAN, Virginia - Authorities say a 51-year-old man has died after the boat he was in capsized during a float trip down the James River near Buchanan.
- Search ends for yachtsman missing in French Polynesia dive Updated: Jun-29-15 5:08 am
PARIS - Maritime crews in French Polynesia have called off the search for Swiss yachtsman Laurent Bourgnon Sunday.
- Police: Crews find body of man who drove tractor into river Updated: Jun-29-15 4:13 am
CINCINNATI - Authorities say they've found the body of a 73-year-old man who drove a tractor into the Ohio River.
- Kayaker rescued from rain-swollen White River near Muncie Updated: Jun-28-15 6:13 pm
DALEVILLE, Indiana - Emergency responders rescued a kayaker from the rain-swollen White River near Muncie and searched for a second one before she was spotted safely on a riverbank.
- 1 boater missing, 4 pulled from water off Kent Island Updated: Jun-28-15 5:51 pm
STEVENSVILLE, Maryland - Authorities are searching for a missing boater after a vessel capsized in the Chesapeake Bay off Kent Island.