- Fatalities as freezing rain, floods and ice hit central US Updated: Nov-27-15 3:44 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - At least three people have died in fast-moving floodwaters in Texas as freezing rain and flooding pummeled the state and other parts of the central U.S. on Friday, with forecasters warning that the chilling weather would worsen over the holiday weekend.
- Avalanche danger slows search for missing Hatcher Pass skier Updated: Nov-27-15 1:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Avalanche danger is continuing to hamper search efforts for a man missing at Hatcher Pass.
- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - As Mariette Williams waited for her flight from South Florida to Haiti, she paced the departure lounge, folding and re-folding her ticket and clutching the handle of a bag sagging with gifts. She was excited but terrified: For the first time in nearly 30 years, she was about to see her mother.
- Family asks for help in search for missing 24-year-old man Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - A family has joined Wright County officials in asking for help finding a 24-year-old man who has been missing for several days.
- Police: bystanders rescue woman stabbed in robbery in Ohio Updated: Nov-27-15 9:10 am
CINCINNATI - Police say bystanders rescued a shopper who was slashed by another woman with a large knife in an attempted robbery in a grocery parking lot in Cincinnati.
- Crews search for missing man in upstate New York Updated: Nov-27-15 9:07 am
SARATOGA, New York - Authorities are searching for a man who went missing earlier this week near his upstate New York home.
- Dogs removed during Danville raid going to rescue groups Updated: Nov-26-15 4:27 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A group of dogs taken during a police raid of a Danville home are being transferred to animal rescue organizations.
- Coast Guard rescues pair after fishing boat capsizes Updated: Nov-26-15 3:50 pm
MIAMI - The U.S. Coast Guard in Miami rescued two people after their fishing boat capsized and sank hundreds of miles from Key West, Florida
- Coast Guard rescues fisherman off Rhode Island coastline Updated: Nov-26-15 3:09 pm
NARRAGANSETT, Rhode Island - The Coast Guard says it has rescued a man who suffered chest pains while aboard a fishing boat off the Rhode Island coastline.
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Brothers survive 2 avalanches while skiing in Colorado Updated: Nov-26-15 2:05 pm
OPHIR, Colorado - Two brothers survived two massive avalanches while skiing in Colorado's backcountry even though both feared the other was dead.
- Triumphant story of Chihuahua named G.I. Joe inspires Minot Updated: Nov-26-15 11:35 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An 8-1/2 pound survivor named G.I. Joe has experienced an amazing turnaround in his life. The long-haired chihuahua cross owes a lot to his new-found human friends, but it's his friends who are thanking him for showing them what it means to be a fighter.
- Wild Divers: Searching for Chesapeake gold Updated: Nov-26-15 9:05 am
CLAIBORNE, Maryland - There is another hour before the sun rises when Derek Wilson and Nick Hargrove finish fueling up their boat, load up the empty bushel baskets and head out onto the Chesapeake Bay.
- Mother who left baby in NYC nativity manger won't be charged Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - A mother who left her newborn baby in a Christmas manger inside a New York City church will not be prosecuted, authorities said Wednesday.
- Travel not recommended along Kuskokwim because of thin ice Updated: Nov-25-15 7:41 pm
BETHEL, Alaska - Residents are being advised not to use the Kuskokwim River in western Alaska because of thinning ice.
- Amid Syria's civil war, a James Bond-style rescue operation Updated: Nov-25-15 2:53 pm
BEIRUT - In the whirlwind of Syria's civil war, two Russian pilots parachuted from their aircraft into a chaotic front-line mountainous region near the border with Turkey after their aircraft was hit by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
- 2 men rescued after boat capsizes in Mississippi Sound Updated: Nov-25-15 6:20 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources rescued two men who went missing after their boat capsized in the Mississippi Sound.
- Search continues in Adirondacks for missing NY hunter, 82 Updated: Nov-25-15 3:05 am
HORICON, New York - The search continues for an 82-year-old man who's been missing for 10 days, since he went hunting with friends in the southeastern Adirondacks.
- Third search ship joins hunt for missing Malaysian airliner Updated: Nov-25-15 2:33 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A third ship will join the deep sea hunt for a missing Malaysian airliner as the 13-month-old search of a huge expanse of the Indian Ocean ramps up during the southern hemisphere summer, officials said Wednesday.
- Search ends for victims of Myanmar jade mining landslide Updated: Nov-25-15 12:16 am
HPAKANT, Myanmar - Police in northern Myanmar said Wednesday they have ended efforts to find bodies in a jade mining landslide that killed more than 100 people and highlighted the perilous conditions created by a breakneck effort to dig up the world's richest deposits of the green gem.
- Oregon woman missing 6 cats after trailer burns down Updated: Nov-24-15 12:57 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - An Oregon woman is looking for six missing cats after her trailer was burned down.
- Family hires private investigator in boy's disappearance Updated: Nov-24-15 12:26 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - The family of a 2-year-old boy who went missing during a family camping trip nearly four months ago have retained a private investigations firm to help search.
- Authorities search for Fayetteville-area police impersonator Updated: Nov-24-15 8:35 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Fayetteville police and the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division are looking for a man pretending to be a police officer.
- Search for missing hunter suspended due to weather Updated: Nov-23-15 7:16 pm
ROYAL CITY, Washington - The Grant County Sheriff's Office is suspending its search for a bow hunter missing near Crab Creek in Royal City.
- Reward increased in search for Iowa man missing since 2013 Updated: Nov-23-15 4:27 pm
HAMPTON, Iowa - A reward in the search for a northern Iowa man missing since 2013 has been increased to $100,000.