- 2 boaters rescued near mouth of Mississippi River Updated: Feb-11-16 7:51 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Coast Guard rescued two people from a 13-foot aluminum flat boat taking water near the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- Police: Winthrop man assaulted officer, ran down pedestrian Updated: Feb-11-16 7:17 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - Authorities are searching for a man they say assaulted a police officer and ran down a pedestrian with a car while fleeing.
- 2 female bombers kill 58 in northeast Nigerian refugee camp Updated: Feb-10-16 5:08 pm
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up in a northeastern Nigerian refugee camp, killing at least 58 people, health and rescue officials said Wednesday.
- Missouri boy, 3, found dead in van hours after going missing Updated: Feb-10-16 4:48 pm
IRONTON, Missouri - A 3-year-old Missouri boy who reportedly went missing early Wednesday from his grandfather's home was found dead hours later, draped in a blanket in a neighbor's van about a mile away, authorities said.
- Woman, 2 daughters fatally stabbed at NY hotel; 3rd kid hurt Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - A man repeatedly stabbed his girlfriend and all three of her children Wednesday morning at a hotel that was being used for homeless housing, killing her and two of her daughters, authorities said.
- 2nd plane, body of pilot recovered from Los Angeles waters Updated: Feb-10-16 4:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Divers on Wednesday recovered the body of a pilot in the wreckage of a small plane that collided in midair with another aircraft and plunged into the ocean outside the Port of Los Angeles.
- Body of Air Force member, boater found in Pyramid Lake Updated: Feb-10-16 1:22 pm
RENO, Nevada - Authorities say a boater and member of the U.S. Air Force has been found dead in Nevada's Pyramid Lake.
- Body of man recovered after ice fall Updated: Feb-10-16 1:12 pm
CONWAY, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game divers have recovered the body of a man after he fell through ice at a pond.
- San Francisco luxury store robbed of $10,000 in goods Updated: Feb-10-16 11:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police are searching for a group of people who stole $10,000 worth of luxury items from a high-end San Francisco department store.
- French rescue 7 Spanish spelunkers trapped overnight in cave Updated: Feb-10-16 10:34 am
PARIS - French authorities on Wednesday rescued seven Spanish spelunkers who had been trapped overnight in a cave in the Pyrenees region.
- Grants Pass couple stranded in vehicle for 2 nights rescued Updated: Feb-10-16 10:14 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Authorities say a couple from Grants Pass, Oregon, were rescued after spending two nights in their pickup in a snowy ditch in the mountains.
- Woman attempts robbery with pepper spray filled water gun Updated: Feb-10-16 9:35 am
SORRENTO, Louisiana - Authorities are searching for a woman who they say attempted to rob the post office in Sorrento with a water gun filled with pepper spray.
- South African teams struggle to reach buried workers at mine Updated: Feb-10-16 7:08 am
JOHANNESBURG - Searchers at a South African mine on Wednesday struggled to reach three missing workers in a mobile office container that was buried under thousands of tons of rock last week.
- Fire officials: Woman dies after Raytown apartment fire Updated: Feb-10-16 2:02 am
RAYTOWN, Missouri - A woman has died of her injuries from an early morning fire in a Kansas City apartment that killed her 4-year-old grandson.
- Police identify man found dead in Des Moines home fire Updated: Feb-09-16 3:39 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police have identified the man who was found inside a fire-damaged Des Moines home after he resisted officers' rescue attempts.
- Woman finds artwork by father killed in Vietnam Updated: Feb-09-16 1:38 pm
SAN DIEGO - Erika Colligan spent three decades searching for her father's artwork - paintings the South Vietnam pilot made for the U.S. Air Force aviators who trained him during the Vietnam war.
- The Latest: Death toll in German train crash up to 10 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:20 pm
BERLIN - The Latest on a train crash in Germany that has caused deaths and injuries (all times local):
- 2 men rescued from overturned fishing boat on NC coast Updated: Feb-09-16 11:35 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Two fishermen are recovering in the hospital after a Coast Guard crew rescued them from their overturned fishing boat near Carolina Beach.
- Search warrant served at Ohio comedian mayor's home Updated: Feb-09-16 9:39 am
HILLSBORO, Ohio - Authorities have searched the Hillsboro home of a southwest Ohio mayor who's also a veteran standup comedian.
- Man wounded in car-to-car shooting on Burbank overpass Updated: Feb-09-16 9:12 am
BURBANK, California - Los Angeles County authorities are searching for a suspect in a car-to-car shooting on a Burbank freeway overpass that left a driver wounded.
- Woman, 3 kids rescued after falling through icy pond in Utah Updated: Feb-09-16 8:17 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a group of kids and a woman fell into an icy pond while visiting a Salt Lake City park.
- Hiker dies after apparent medical episode at Red Rock Canyon Updated: Feb-09-16 2:25 am
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a hiker has died after suffering an apparent medical episode at the Red Rock Canyon National Recreation Area in Las Vegas.
- Survivor tells of living through collapse of Taiwan building Updated: Feb-09-16 1:27 am
TAINAN, Taiwan - After propping himself against a wall for 20 hours to avoid smothering his girlfriend, Ko Ching-chung's strength was draining away.
- More debris found after planes collide off California coast Updated: Feb-08-16 8:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Searchers have found more debris from one of two small aircraft that collided last week off the Southern California coast.
- Officials: Kayaker rescued near dam at Ludington State Park Updated: Feb-08-16 5:53 am
HAMLIN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say a 42-year-old kayaker has been rescued after he went under the water near a dam at Ludington State Park in western Michigan.