- The Latest: Funeral arrangements announced for slain officer Updated: Sep-03-15 11:12 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - The latest on the fatal shooting of a police officer in northern Illinois (all times local):
- Police seek man who threw officer down 40-foot embankment Updated: Sep-03-15 5:15 pm
NEW RINGGOLD, Pennsylvania - Authorities were on the lookout Thursday for a man who jumped a police officer as she approached his vehicle and threw her down a 40-foot rocky embankment.
- Another dead body found in New Mexico's Sandia Mountains Updated: Sep-03-15 3:53 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say another dead body has been found in New Mexico's Sandia Mountains.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 in boat adrift off Block Island Updated: Sep-03-15 1:02 pm
NEW SHOREHAM, Rhode Island - The U.S. Coast Guard has rescued three people from a pleasure craft that was adrift 45 miles off Block Island.
- Boat carrying migrant workers capsizes off Malaysia; 14 dead Updated: Sep-03-15 10:10 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A wooden boat crammed with migrant workers who were headed back to Indonesia capsized Thursday off Malaysia's western coast, killing at least 14 people, a maritime official said.
- Officials: King cobra on the loose, escaped home in Orlando Updated: Sep-03-15 6:08 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Wildlife officials in Florida say they're searching for an 8-foot-long king cobra snake that escaped from a home in Orlando.
- 5 men honored for rescuing 2 girls from Lake Michigan Updated: Sep-02-15 4:51 pm
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - Five men who rescued two girls caught in an apparent rip current on Lake Michigan have been honored by the U.S. Coast Guard and public officials.
- Search leads to rescue of 2 Glacier Park employees Updated: Sep-02-15 3:47 pm
WEST GLACIER, Montana - Two Glacier National Park employees who fell near a cliff face above Avalanche Lake were rescued with the help of an itinerary they'd left behind.
- Greece announces measures for refugees on islands Updated: Sep-02-15 8:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's caretaker government announced measures Wednesday to improve conditions for the tens of thousands of refugees and migrants arriving on eastern Greek islands, and to bolster support for the islands' residents.
- Police searching for 2 missing children in Tennessee Updated: Sep-02-15 8:32 am
SODDY DAISY, Tennessee - Police agencies are searching for two young siblings who were reported missing in southeastern Tennessee.
- Rangers rescue man who fell 200 feet off Middle Teton Updated: Sep-02-15 5:31 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - A 200-foot fall knocked out a Moran man who was descending the Middle Teton, triggering a search and rescue operation by Grand Teton National Park rangers.
- Police: NJ man drowns after refusing rescue attempts Updated: Sep-02-15 4:46 am
SALEM, New Jersey - Police say a 43-year-old southern New Jersey man drowned after he jumped off a pier into the Salem River and refused attempts for rescue.
- Police: Tip leads to new search for teen missing since 2007 Updated: Sep-02-15 4:20 am
MONROE, Georgia - Investigators hope a recent tip could help lead them to the body of a college student who went missing almost 8 years ago.
- Body of Denison University student found after search Updated: Sep-01-15 6:45 pm
GRANVILLE, Ohio - Officials at a central Ohio college say a student missing since Sunday has been found dead.
- Rescued hiker recounts ordeal in Maine's Baxter State Park Updated: Sep-01-15 4:42 pm
MILLINOCKET, Maine - A 78-year-old hiker from Virginia who went missing in Maine's Baxter State Park last week said he survived on granola bars, water and his backwoods skills for three days until he was rescued.
- Portugal struggles to sell rescued bank Updated: Sep-01-15 9:31 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal is having trouble selling Novo Banco, the so-called good bank salvaged from last year's collapse of major lender Banco Espirito Santo.
- Body believed to be swimmer who went missing off San Diego Updated: Sep-01-15 12:31 am
SAN DIEGO - Lifeguards searching for a missing swimmer off Ocean Beach in San Diego have found a body.
- Huge blast at Spanish fireworks factory kills 5, wounds 6 Updated: Aug-31-15 3:41 pm
MADRID - A huge explosion Monday at a fireworks factory in northeastern Spain killed five people and injured six others, authorities said.
- Big catch: Charter fishing boat rescues 2 men off Va. coast Updated: Aug-31-15 7:13 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A charter fishing boat landed an unexpected catch when the crew spotted something floating in the water.
- Inmate who fled hospital after giving birth apprehended Updated: Aug-30-15 4:13 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Authorities say an inmate who fled a northern Indiana hospital three days after giving birth has been apprehended.
- Officials find body of missing 35-yar-old woman Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
GOFFSTOWN, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game officials say they have found the body of a woman last seen in a Goffstown river.
- Search teams in Maine find 78-year-old Virginia hiker alive Updated: Aug-30-15 3:28 pm
MILLINOCKET, Maine - A 78-year-old hiker from Virginia who had been missing in Maine's Baxter State Park for three days has been found alive.
- Personal beacon hastens rescue of stranded hiker Updated: Aug-30-15 2:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A personal locator beacon that sends out GPS coordinates helped Juneau searchers find a stranded hiker on Friday.
- Md. woman rescued by helicopter after falling from rock face Updated: Aug-30-15 2:10 pm
ELKTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police emergency crews rescued a woman by helicopter after she'd fallen 60 feet down a rock face in Cecil County.
- Vincennes firefighters seek public's help buying rescue boat Updated: Aug-30-15 2:04 pm
VINCENNES, Indiana - Firefighters in the southwestern Indiana city of Vincennes are asking the public to help raise money to buy a boat for water rescues on the Wabash River.