- Iowa caucus coverage a hit for news networks Updated: Feb-02-16 4:05 pm
NEW YORK - Much like the presidential debates, coverage of the Iowa caucus set new standards for television viewership.
- 'Thursday Night Football' to air on both CBS and NBC Updated: Feb-01-16 6:40 pm
"Thursday Night Football" will bounce around among CBS, NBC and NFL Network next season, and league executives are confident fans will find the games just fine.
- 'Grease' fights through rain, tragedy to reach 12.2 million Updated: Feb-01-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Fox's live production of "Grease" fought rain, wind and personal tragedy to emerge a winner, with its audience of 12.2 million people eclipsing viewership for the last two musicals presented on NBC.
- Super Bowl an opportunity for 'CBS This Morning' Updated: Feb-01-16 10:39 am
NEW YORK - The Super Bowl looms as an important opportunity for the people at "CBS This Morning," although they have no plans to be anywhere near the San Francisco area.
- Spurs-Warriors matchup sets NBA TV viewing record Updated: Jan-26-16 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's victory over San Antonio in a showdown of the league's top teams was the most-watched telecast ever on NBA TV.
- AFC title games draws 2nd-best viewership on record Updated: Jan-25-16 7:06 pm
NEW YORK - The AFC championship game has drawn its second-largest television audience on record.
- Nielsen's top programs for Jan. 11-17 Updated: Jan-20-16 5:06 pm
Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Jan. 11-17. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- Cardinals' win earns best Saturday night divisional rating Updated: Jan-17-16 8:50 pm
NEW YORK - The Cardinals' overtime playoff win over the Packers is the highest-rated Saturday prime-time divisional game since the NFL instituted the time slot in 2001.
- Netflix chief says 2016 will bring emphasis on family shows Updated: Jan-17-16 3:42 pm
PASADENA, California - Netflix says it will make a special effort to produce programming for children and families, with the streaming service offering 20 new programs in the category this year led by the Feb. 26 premiere of the "Fuller House" remake.
- Campaign ads deluge 'Wheel' watchers, morning shows Updated: Jan-14-16 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Political groups are flooding the airwaves with advertisements during popular game shows, including "Wheel of Fortune," ''Jeopardy" and "Family Feud," and pouring money into spots during local news and network morning shows as they try to sway presidential primary voters, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.
- NBC's entertainment chief defends Trump appearance Updated: Jan-14-16 1:09 am
PASADENA, California - NBC's entertainment chief said Wednesday he saw no contradiction in having Donald Trump host "Saturday Night Live" less than six months after the network severed its business ties with the GOP presidential front-runner for remarks about Mexican immigrants.
- Nielsen: 31.3 million watched Obama's last State of Union Updated: Jan-13-16 6:27 pm
PASADENA, California - The Nielsen company says 31.3 million people watched President Barack Obama deliver his last State of the Union, his smallest audience for the annual speech.
- CFP championship's viewership down nearly a quarter from '15 Updated: Jan-12-16 4:17 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The College Football Playoff championship's viewership is down nearly a quarter from last year.
- Seahawks-Vikings most-watched early Sunday wild-card game Updated: Jan-11-16 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Seahawks' comeback win over the Vikings is the most-watched early Sunday NFL wild-card game on record.
- Golden Globes seen by 18.5 million viewers, Nielsen says Updated: Jan-11-16 2:02 pm
NEW YORK - The Nielsen company says an estimated 18.5 million viewers watched the Golden Globes Awards ceremony on NBC on Sunday night.
- College Football Playoff plans to stick with New Year's Eve Updated: Jan-08-16 4:16 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - College Football Playoff executive director Bill Hancock said Friday he does not anticipate any changes being made to next season's schedule when the semifinals will again be played on New Year's Eve.
- Obama 'Guns in America' town hall draws 2.4 million viewers Updated: Jan-08-16 2:25 pm
NEW YORK - CNN's "Guns in America" town hall meeting with President Barack Obama was seen by 2.4 million viewers Thursday night, according to early data from the Nielsen rating company.