- Nielsen's top programs for April 25-May 1 Updated: May-03-16 5:02 pm
Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for April 25-May 1. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- TV's 'Big Bang' wins in a comedy landslide Updated: May-03-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - "The Big Bang Theory" was the comedy winner in television last week - by a landslide.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Game 4 of the Warriors-Rockets series drew the largest television audience for the first round of the NBA playoffs in 14 years.
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- CFP officials believe several factors to TV ratings decline Updated: Apr-20-16 10:12 pm
IRVING, Texas - College Football Playoff officials believe several factors contributed to the significant decline in television ratings for the second year of the playoff.
- Democratic debate on CNN draws 5.6 million viewers Updated: Apr-15-16 3:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - A high-stakes debate between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders drew an estimated 5.6 million viewers, a relatively small audience for this campaign season's presidential debates.
- Warriors' record-setting win earns record local TV rating Updated: Apr-14-16 10:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Golden State Warriors' record-setting 73rd win generated a record local television rating as well.
- Record season for NBA in stands and on screens Updated: Apr-14-16 11:43 am
NEW YORK - The NBA had a record-setting season in the stands and on the screens.
- Morning show producer taking over Colbert's show Updated: Apr-13-16 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - Toward the end of Stephen Colbert's first season as "Late Show" host, CBS said Wednesday it has assigned the producer who reinvented the network's morning news show to take over as top behind-the-scenes executive at the late-night comedy program.
- NCAA Tournament deal with CBS, Turner extended through 2032 Updated: Apr-12-16 3:02 pm
NEW YORK - With eight years left on their deal to broadcast the NCAA Tournament, CBS and Turner are tacking on another eight.
- Record-tying Warriors win gets 2.6 million viewers on NBA TV Updated: Apr-11-16 4:25 pm
NEW YORK - The Warriors' record-tying victory had plenty of fans taking advantage of a free preview of NBA TV.
- Nielsen says 13.3 million see final 'American Idol' Updated: Apr-08-16 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - An estimated 13.3 million people caught glimpses of Simon Cowell, Carrie Underwood, Paula Abdul and other stars of "American Idol" on the show's apparent finale, its biggest audience in two years.
- NFL picks Twitter to stream Thursday night games Updated: Apr-05-16 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL has picked Twitter to stream its Thursday night games.
- NCAA championship's TV viewership down big from last year Updated: Apr-05-16 3:58 pm
HOUSTON - The NCAA championship posted a record-low TV rating.
- Watchdog group calls TV ratings flawed, demands overhaul Updated: Apr-04-16 8:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - The TV content ratings system consistently fails to protect children from adult fare and must be overhauled, a watchdog group said Monday.