- Federal health program for Sept. 11 responders set to expire Updated: Sep-30-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - A law that provides medical monitoring and treatment for Sept. 11 first responders expires at midnight Wednesday due to the failure of Congress to act.
- Judge drops Saudi Arabia from Sept. 11 lawsuit Updated: Sep-29-15 8:35 pm
NEW YORK - Saudi Arabia was dismissed Tuesday as a defendant in lawsuits brought by the families of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks by a judge who said lawyers had failed to show sufficient evidence linking the country to the attacks.
- Pakistan executes man who was a juvenile when arrested Updated: Sep-29-15 2:33 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan executed a convict on death row before dawn on Tuesday, despite appeals by an international rights group that claimed the man was a juvenile at the time of his arrest in a murder case.
- Police present flag to German Chancellor at 9/11 memorial Updated: Sep-26-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel tells officials she plans to fly a World Trade Center memorial flag at the German Chancellery in honor of the 37 police officers with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- 9/11 widow honored to attend pope's visit to memorial Updated: Sep-26-15 5:18 pm
ABINGTON, Massachusetts - A widow of the 9/11 attacks caught only a glimpse of Pope Francis in New York, but it was one that touched the Massachusetts woman more than she could have imagined.
- 2 survivors of Charlie Hebdo terror to leave satirical paper Updated: Sep-26-15 3:48 pm
PARIS - Two journalists are leaving Charlie Hebdo, the satirical French newspaper whose staff was decimated in a January terror massacre.
- Exhibit remembering 9/11 attacks stop at UNC-Chapel Hill Updated: Sep-21-15 4:05 am
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - A mobile exhibit of artifacts remembering the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, is going on display at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Stewart lobbying for Sept. 11 responders Updated: Sep-16-15 3:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Comedian Jon Stewart turned serious Wednesday as he lobbied members of Congress to permanently extend a law providing medical monitoring and treatment for Sept. 11 first responders.
- Judge orders psych tests for man accused in 9/11 bomb plot Updated: Sep-15-15 5:11 pm
JACKSONSVILLE, Florida - A judge on Tuesday ordered a mental evaluation for a young Florida man accused by the FBI of sending bomb-making plans to an informant for an attack at a 9/11 anniversary event in Missouri.
- Ex-airline manager from Sept. 11 denies child-sex charge Updated: Sep-14-15 7:12 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former American Airlines operations manager who learned of the first Sept. 11 hijacking before the jet struck the World Trade Center pleaded not guilty on Monday to a federal interstate child-sex charge.
- Police identify suspect fatally shot at DC's Union Station Updated: Sep-13-15 6:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Police identified a man fatally shot by a security officer at Washington's Union Station after an apparent domestic dispute Friday, and the man's family mourned his death even as they raised questions Sunday about the security guard's actions that led to his death.
- Spate of violence rattles DC's Union Station Updated: Sep-12-15 1:59 am
WASHINGTON - An apparent domestic dispute halted trains at Washington's Union Station and led to momentary fears of a terrorist attack on the anniversary of Sept. 11.
- 9/11 memorial trees to symbolize strength after tragedy Updated: Sep-12-15 12:06 am
NEW YORK - Aiming to bring hope, healing and strength to neighbors struck by tragedy, the September 11 Memorial and Museum is sending seedlings from their "Survivor Tree Program" to communities in Connecticut, Missouri and Spain.
- 9/11 memorial bench dedicated in Mankato Updated: Sep-11-15 8:07 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - A bench featuring two steel beams salvaged from the World Trade Center wreckage in New York has been dedicated in downtown Mankato.
- 9/11 award given to driver who helped nab kidnap suspect Updated: Sep-11-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - A livery driver who helped police thwart a suspected kidnapping was honored Friday with a bravery award named for a flight attendant who was aboard one of the two planes that were hijacked from Boston's Logan International Airport and flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center 14 years ago.
- Artifacts unveiled as Michigan marks anniversary of 9/11 Updated: Sep-11-15 5:44 pm
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - A 500-pound steel beam from the World Trade Center will be displayed in southwestern Michigan, one of many events on the 14th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- Stamford firefighters rap timing of Democratic fundraiser Updated: Sep-11-15 4:52 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The Stamford firefighters union has objected to a city Democratic Party fundraiser on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- 9/11 victims' relatives mark anniversary with grief, appeals Updated: Sep-11-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - During years of going to ground zero every Sept. 11, Tom Acquaviva has seen crowds diminish at the ceremonies commemorating the terror attacks. But his determination to participate hasn't.
- Governor asks for flags flown at half-staff Friday Updated: Sep-11-15 12:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple is asking that flags are flown at half-staff Friday in observance of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- Governor asks for flags flown at half-staff Friday Updated: Sep-11-15 12:44 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard is asking that flags are flown at half-staff Friday in observance of the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- The Latest: Man charged in bomb plot at Missouri 9/11 site Updated: Sep-11-15 12:36 pm
ORANGE PARK, Florida - The latest on the case of a man accused of posing online as an Australian resident and trying to help plan a bomb attack on a Sept. 11 memorial in Missouri. All times local.
- Funeral set for firefighter hit while collecting money Updated: Sep-11-15 11:54 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A funeral service is set for a Lansing firefighter who authorities say was deliberately struck by a pickup truck as he collected money for charity.
- Ohio Statehouse commemorates 9/11 with flag display Updated: Sep-11-15 11:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly 3,000 flags are on display on the lawn of the Ohio Statehouse to mark the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
- Flight 93 victims remembered, honored for their actions Updated: Sep-11-15 10:53 am
SHANKSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Hundreds gathered Friday on the anniversary of 9/11 to remember and honor those killed in the downing of United Airlines Flight 93, in a ceremony next to a new visitor center intended to help keep alive the heroism of the passengers.
- Illinois governor: Flags at half-staff for 9/11 anniversary Updated: Sep-11-15 10:29 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The U.S. and Illinois flags will fly at half-staff on Friday to honor the victims on the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.