- Judge sees evidence of cyber-stalking in Tahoe bear dispute Updated: Jun-03-15 10:33 am
RENO, Nevada - A judge says there is evidence to support a Nevada couple's claim that bear advocates began cyber-stalking them after they reported a problem bear to authorities.
- Sheriff: Man makes bomb threat, tries to rob Ore. restaurant Updated: Jun-03-15 2:44 am
MILWAUKIE, Oregon - A Clackamas County sheriff's spokesman says deputies have detained a man accused of making a bomb threat while trying to rob a restaurant in the south Portland suburb of Milwaukie.
- El Salvador records post-war high of 635 homicides in May Updated: Jun-02-15 7:10 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador recorded a grisly milestone with 635 homicides in May, believed to be the most killings for a single month since the Central American nation's civil war ended in 1992.
- Feds: Threats against flights do not appear to be credible Updated: Jun-02-15 5:57 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Federal authorities say threats against several commercial airline flights do not appear to be credible.
- Woman accused of extorting married man with sex tape Updated: Jun-02-15 4:50 am
DENHAM SPRINGS, Louisiana - A Denham Springs woman is accused of extorting $45,000 from a married man over the past two years, threatening on many occasions to release a sex tape of their affair.
- Sex offender found guilty of bomb threats, violating status Updated: Jun-02-15 2:20 am
JUNEAU, Wisconsin - A 33-year-old man has been found guilty in Dodge County of making bomb threats and being a child sex offender working with children.
- High court throws out conviction for Facebook threats Updated: Jun-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday threw out the conviction of a Pennsylvania man prosecuted for making threats on Facebook, but dodged the free-speech issues that had made the case intriguing to First Amendment advocates.
- Man accused of making courthouse threat taken into custody Updated: Jun-01-15 10:11 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Police say a man has been taken into custody after a bomb threat was made at the federal courthouse in Knoxville.
- Man sentenced after police say he extorted a deaf person Updated: May-29-15 2:14 am
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield man has been sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to pay $13,000 in restitution for charges that he extorted money from a deaf person by pretending to be a police officer.
- Ex-nuclear plant contractor charged with terroristic threats Updated: May-28-15 5:48 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A disgruntled contract employee who had been working at Xcel Energy's Monticello nuclear power plant harassed and threatened union officials before police discovered he had a carload of explosive materials and ammunition, prosecutors allege in a criminal complaint.
- Man charged with sending threatening letters to Malloy Updated: May-28-15 4:00 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A New London man has been charged with sending threatening letters to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
- San Diego deputy kills man who threatened screwdriver attack Updated: May-28-15 9:19 am
EL CAJON, California - San Diego County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a reportedly suicidal man who threatened to attack a deputy with a screwdriver.
- After complaints, Chinese hotelier gets his government's ear Updated: May-28-15 3:47 am
BEIJING - In the wee hours of a March morning, a Chinese hotelier wrote a 5,000-word open letter to his country's premier and posted it on social media. The delicate topic: how local regulators capriciously enforce rules and extort bribes. Within days, officials came knocking.
- Trial set for man accused of threatening to kill Boehner Updated: May-28-15 3:20 am
CINCINNATI - A former Cincinnati-area bartender charged with threatening to kill House Speaker John Boehner faces federal trial June 30.
- Man on MTV's 'Catfish' accused of making fake threats in DC Updated: May-27-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A man once exposed on MTV's "Catfish" reality show about online scams was charged Wednesday with calling in fake threats against Metro stations, buses and trains in the nation's capital.
- Man gets prison for phoned-in threats to kill schoolchildren Updated: May-27-15 9:17 am
POTTSVILLE, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man who phoned in threats to the county courthouse to kill schoolchildren so he could avoid paying court fines has been sentenced to prison.
- Investigation sought into threats sent to 2 Arizona mosques Updated: May-26-15 6:00 pm
PHOENIX - A civil rights group has asked the FBI to investigate a threatening letter sent to a Phoenix mosque that was once a place of worship for suspects in a shooting three weeks ago at a Texas cartoon contest featuring cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 27 Updated: May-26-15 5:27 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Police: NY principal threatened boy's dad in soccer flap Updated: May-24-15 2:32 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a suburban New York school principal threatened to use a baseball bat to attack the father of a 6-year-old soccer player he was coaching.
- Man who made threats against President Obama jailed Updated: May-23-15 5:29 pm
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man accused of threatening to kill President Barack Obama has been sent to jail.
- Cops: Man said he'd shoot road workers who wanted car moved Updated: May-22-15 8:34 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania man threatened to get a gun and shoot highway workers who were telling him to move his car.
- Prosecutors: Minnesota men who tried to join IS made threats Updated: May-22-15 12:22 am
MINNEAPOLIS - One Minnesota man accused of trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group told an informant he'd kill FBI agents if they tried to stop him, while another told friends he'd "spit on America" at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a document filed Thursday by prosecutors.
- Indiana man faces more charges in Facebook threat case Updated: May-21-15 5:03 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A federal grand jury has issued a second indictment with more charges against an Indiana man accused of threatening to blow up a courthouse and kill judges in a Facebook posting.
- Judge to consider dismissing online threats case Updated: May-21-15 11:29 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A judge is hearing arguments in June to dismiss charges against a man police say made online threats to schools and religious leaders, then stocked up on guns at his home.
- Police arrest man suspected of threatening to kill officers Updated: May-21-15 9:26 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A man is in custody after police say he made threats to kill officers and blow up a high school and a mall in Roseville, a city about 20 miles northeast of Sacramento.