- Another councilor in troubled border city arrested Updated: Oct-09-15 12:51 pm
SUNLAND PARK, New Mexico - Another councilor in a troubled New Mexico border city is facing legal troubles just days after another city councilor was taken into custody on drug charges during a special meeting.
- Feds: Man coerced teens in 5 states into recording sex acts Updated: Oct-08-15 6:32 pm
CINCINNATI - An Ohio man lied about having cancer while coercing teen girls in five states into exposing themselves to him online, including one whom he persuaded to mutilate herself and act as his "slave," the FBI said.
- 7 arrested in illegal Larimer County marijuana operation Updated: Oct-08-15 4:23 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The Larimer County Sheriff's Office has arrested seven people after raiding an illegal marijuana grow operation near Fort Collins.
- Body camera video shows shot officer asking man to drop gun Updated: Oct-07-15 4:20 pm
CLEVELAND - A dramatic and disturbing video recorded by a police body camera shows Cleveland patrol officers, including one whose ballistic vest had been struck by gunfire, trying to convince a man to drop his gun before four other officers shot him to death.
- Man charged with making bomb threats to schools in 4 states Updated: Oct-07-15 1:59 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts man faces federal charges for allegedly sending bomb threats to several schools.
- Oklahoma court reverses Sooner Tea Party leader conviction Updated: Oct-07-15 1:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has overturned the felony blackmail conviction for Sooner Tea Party co-founder Al Gerhart, saying that an email he sent to a state lawmaker was protected speech under the First Amendment.
- Lawsuit claims probation company extorts money from indigent Updated: Oct-06-15 3:17 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A federal judge has issued a restraining order preventing two Rutherford County men from being arrested because they cannot pay court fines.
- Lobbyist agrees to plead guilty in traffic-cameras scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 2:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio lobbyist has agreed to plead guilty to extortion in a scandal involving the bribery of Columbus public officials by a traffic-camera company trying to keep its contracts with the city.
- Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking, extortion Updated: Oct-02-15 7:07 am
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The FBI says it has arrested an Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking and extortion.
- Woman charged with parents in alleged extortion plot dies Updated: Oct-02-15 6:15 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - A Detroit-area woman has died, months after she was charged with her parents in an alleged scheme to extort more than $2 million from a Detroit-area businessman whom she met in a strip club.
- Cleveland police officer faces charges for extortion Updated: Oct-01-15 9:53 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Cleveland police officer has been arrested and charged with one count of extortion by a public official.
- Teamsters members charged with extorting 'Top Chef' staff Updated: Sep-30-15 5:57 pm
BOSTON - Five members of a Teamsters local accused of intimidating the staff and crew of "Top Chef" while it was filmed in Boston last year were indicted Wednesday on federal extortion charges.
- FBI investigates bomb threats against several Ohio schools Updated: Sep-30-15 7:18 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - Federal agents are investigating several bomb threats made last week against Ohio schools.
- Inmate charged with sending suspicious powder to TV stations Updated: Sep-26-15 6:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio grand jury has indicted an Ohio prison inmate on charges he sent white powder purported to be anthrax in letters to TV stations and a state agency.
- Wichita teen arrested after threats against student, school Updated: Sep-25-15 2:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A North Wichita High School student has been arrested after police say he made threats of shooting another student and gun violence at another Wichita high school.
- Man charged with making threats against Detroit-area judge Updated: Sep-24-15 8:38 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A man has been charged with making bomb and death threats against a Macomb County judge.
- Wife: Man who killed deputy made threats 2 days earlier Updated: Sep-24-15 1:53 pm
SHALIMAR, Florida - A man who fatally shot a sheriff's deputy threatened to put someone "in a coffin" if his wife called police after he physically abused her, the woman wrote in a request for a restraining order filed one day before the shooting.
- Jurors indict Kansas man accused of threatening lawyer Updated: Sep-24-15 12:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Federal grand jurors have indicted a Kansas man who's accused of threatening to "bash in" the head of a lawyer.
- 15-year-old boy made 13 shooter, bomb threats toward schools Updated: Sep-24-15 8:18 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Police have charged a 15-year-old boy with calling in 13 false "active shooter" and bomb threats to several schools in central Pennsylvania earlier this month.
- Student arrested after threat against El Dorado High School Updated: Sep-24-15 3:08 am
EL DORADO, Kansas - An El Dorado student has been arrested in connection to threats that were made against the school on social media.
- Prosecutor: New Jersey teen made online threat against Obama Updated: Sep-22-15 5:02 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A New Jersey teenager stands accused of making online threats against President Barack Obama and the White House.
- Indictment: Man stalked teen girls online, blackmailed them Updated: Sep-21-15 2:14 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A man stalked girls online and blackmailed them into sending him sexually explicit photos or exposing themselves on a webcam, state authorities said Monday.
- Police: Boy, 16, threatened officers in Snapchat post Updated: Sep-18-15 10:43 am
CENTRAL FALLS, Rhode Island - Police say a 16-year-old Central Falls boy posted a photo of himself with a gun on social media and threatened to harm officers.
- Ex-Chicago cop accused of threats released on bond Updated: Sep-15-15 7:14 pm
CHICAGO - A retired Chicago police officer accused of making phone calls threatening to hurt investigators of an Illinois officer's fatal shooting unless they declared the death a suicide was released from jail Tuesday after posting bond, a sheriff's official and his lawyer said.
- Portland man accused of threatening to kill teachers Updated: Sep-13-15 4:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon authorities have arrested a man who posted a threat on the Internet suggesting he planned to kill former teachers at two Christian schools he attended.