- Justices uphold extortion conspiracy conviction Updated: May-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has upheld the conspiracy conviction of a former Baltimore police officer for his role in a repair shop extortion scheme.
- Illinois man charged with threatening prosecutor Updated: Apr-30-16 4:00 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois man has been charged with threatening the life of St. Clair County State's Attorney Brendan Kelly.
- Man pleads guilty in stalking case involving Joe Arpaio Updated: Apr-29-16 8:09 pm
PHOENIX - A man has pleaded guilty to charges of trying to stalk Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio last year.
- Police: Hammond teen arrested for making threat at school Updated: Apr-29-16 8:57 am
HAMMOND, Louisiana - Authorities say a 15-year-old Hammond High Magnet School student has been arrested for writing a threat on a desk.
- Medford man with pipe bombs arrested for threatening Obama Updated: Apr-29-16 2:14 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Federal authorities have arrested a Medford man who they say made online comments threatening President Barack Obama and had several pipe bombs in his apartment.
- Man charged for threatening US Rep. Jim McDermott in Seattle Updated: Apr-28-16 7:49 pm
SEATTLE - A man is facing felony charges for allegedly threatening to cut out U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott's tongue.
- Mexico charges 4 detectives with holding foreigners Updated: Apr-28-16 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge in Mexico has ordered two federal detectives and two ex-detectives to stand trial on charges of kidnaping for extortion for allegedly holding 15 South American women briefly to demand a bribe for not reporting them to immigration authorities.
- Police: Katt Williams charged with battery in Georgia Updated: Apr-28-16 12:52 pm
ATLANTA - Comedian and actor Katt Williams was arrested after he threw a salt shaker at a restaurant manager, police in an Atlanta suburb said Thursday.
- Former York Co. court deputy pleads guilty in blackmail case Updated: Apr-28-16 4:27 am
YORK, South Carolina - A former courthouse deputy has pleaded guilty to trying to blackmail York County Sheriff Bruce Bryant.
- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- Judge sets $1,500 bond in Johnny Manziel assault case Updated: Apr-27-16 1:38 pm
DALLAS - A Dallas judge has set a $1,500 bond for former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel in his misdemeanor domestic assault case.
- Aquino: Canadian's killers also plotted to kidnap Pacquiao Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president said Wednesday that Abu Sayyaf militants may have plotted to kill him and kidnap boxing star Manny Pacquiao, disclosing previously unknown details about an extremist group blamed for the beheading of a Canadian hostage.
- Police: Juvenile arrested after threats against high school Updated: Apr-25-16 10:30 am
POCATELLO, Idaho - Police in southeastern Idaho say they've arrested a juvenile who made threats against Pocatello High School on a social website.
- Man arrested, charged with threatening to bomb Trump rally Updated: Apr-24-16 11:44 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A 20-year-old Connecticut man is facing charges after authorities say he tweeted out a bomb threat during a Donald Trump rally Saturday.
- Daughter says father made threats day before fatal shootings Updated: Apr-24-16 12:08 am
ATLANTA - The daughter of a northeast Georgia man suspected of shooting five people to death before killing himself says her father was a "ticking time bomb."
- NY state troopers shoot and kill man they say wielded knives Updated: Apr-23-16 11:24 am
BERNE, New York - New York state troopers have shot and killed a man they say was brandishing a pair of knives on a road in Albany County.
- Trooper who guards governor accused of beating, kicking wife Updated: Apr-22-16 7:45 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania state trooper on the team that guards the governor was charged Friday with beating his wife and threatening to kill her during an alcohol-fueled attack after she refused to have sex with him.
- All-clear after threats prompt Michigan casino evacuation Updated: Apr-22-16 8:40 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - The all-clear has been given after officials say threatening calls prompted the evacuation of about 2,500 people from a mid-Michigan casino and hotel.
- Former NC prison guard sentenced for extorting money, items Updated: Apr-22-16 6:56 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A former state correctional officer has been sentenced to four years in prison for using his position to extort money and items from prisoners.
- Deputies: Girlfriend crashes car to end kidnapping Updated: Apr-22-16 4:29 am
BIRCH BAY, Washington - Authorities say a man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping after his girlfriend accused him of threatening to kill her and intentionally crashed a vehicle into the wall of a Birch Bay gas station to escape from him.
- Ex-consultant to Allentown mayor pleads in corruption probe Updated: Apr-21-16 12:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former northeast Pennsylvania campaign manager surfaced in federal court Thursday, a year after he abruptly shuttered his firm and left home, to plead guilty in an ongoing FBI corruption probe of Reading and Allentown.
- Man admits to mailing bomb threat to Baton Rouge courthouse Updated: Apr-20-16 8:16 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A 34-year-old Baton Rouge man, who served prison time for threatening to blow up the downtown state courthouse in 2009, has admitted he made additional bomb threats in 2013.
- Police: Man on test drive threatened to kill salesman Updated: Apr-20-16 7:29 am
NORCROSS, Georgia - A metro Atlanta car salesman says he was forced out of a vehicle during a test drive by a would-be buyer who claimed he was God and would kill the salesman and his boss.
- Man pleads guilty to making online threats toward Mizzou Updated: Apr-19-16 12:49 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A man charged with posting threats online last year that he would shoot black students and faculty at the University of Missouri's Columbia campus has changed his plea to guilty.