- NBC to celebrate NASCAR's history at Darlington Raceway Updated: Sep-02-15 4:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The return of the Southern 500 to Labor Day weekend will be marked by a throwback celebration at Darlington Raceway that will include everything from the retro paint schemes on the track to the actual broadcast booth.
- ACC faces many variables on TV channel to rival SEC, Big Ten Updated: Sep-02-15 1:18 pm
The Atlantic Coast Conference is still figuring out whether it will start a dedicated cable channel of its own.
- Unmasked, Stephen Colbert debuts Tuesday hosting 'Late Show' Updated: Sep-02-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Colbert is about to turn a corner in his career: onto Broadway at 54th Street.
- Documentary to educate Tennesseans on emergency planning Updated: Sep-02-15 3:37 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and the Tennessee Public Television Council are teaming up to educate Tennesseans on emergency planning.
- 3.4 million saw Travers Stakes finish; American Pharoah 2nd Updated: Sep-01-15 6:21 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The second-place finish of Triple Crown winner American Pharoah at the Travers Stakes was watched by 3.4 million viewers on NBC.
- Television and movie producers announced for Oscars telecast Updated: Sep-01-15 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences says David Hill and Reginald Hudlin will produce the 88th Oscars telecast.
- Gazette Company sells KCRG-TV9 to Atlanta company for $100M Updated: Sep-01-15 5:21 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Officials of the Gazette Company in Cedar Rapids say they have agreed to sell television station KCRG to an Atlanta, Georgia company for $100 million.
- Longtime Mississippi TV journalist Bert Case hospitalized Updated: Sep-01-15 4:39 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Longtime Mississippi TV journalist Bert Case is hospitalized in critical condition.
- MTV spreads out its awards show to get more viewers Updated: Sep-01-15 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - MTV boosted the viewership of its annual Video Music Awards, this year hosted by Miley Cyrus, with a little help from its friends.
- Harvard launches 'virtual classroom' for students anywhere Updated: Sep-01-15 1:22 am
BOSTON - The newest classroom at Harvard's business school has no desks or chairs. Instead, the professor teaches facing a towering digital screen that stretches from wall to wall, filled with the live video feeds of up to 60 students tuned in from their computers.
- Epix reaches multiyear Hulu deal, ends Netflix agreement Updated: Aug-31-15 10:20 am
The cable network Epix jumped from Netflix to Hulu, landing a multiyear, digital subscription video on demand deal with the streaming service.
- W.Va. State University to offer media diversity fellowship Updated: Aug-31-15 2:08 am
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - West Virginia State University says a new fellowship program allows minority students to work alongside media professionals to tell the state's story, including its diverse ethnic history.
- Service pays tribute to slain television reporter, cameraman Updated: Aug-30-15 11:37 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Community religious leaders gathered Sunday to remember 24-year-old reporter Alison Parker and 27-year-old cameraman Adam Ward, the two television journalists who were shot and killed while working last week.
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- The Latest: Canada asks for release of Al-Jazeera defendant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:47 am
CAIRO - Here are the latest developments in Egypt's retrial of three Al-Jazeera English journalists (all times local):
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- UW men's basketball game times, TV coverage released Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Game times and television coverage have been released for the 2015-16 Wyoming Cowboys basketball season.
- The Latest: Survivor expresses condolences for TV workers Updated: Aug-28-15 1:36 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- Ex-news director says shooter was 'professional victim' Updated: Aug-28-15 8:02 am
HONOLULU - The former news director of a Virginia television station says the fired employee who shot two ex-colleagues on live television had a long history of being a "professional victim."
- Virginia shootings make for tough media decisions Updated: Aug-28-15 1:13 am
NEW YORK - In an era when anyone can go online and find video of extremist beheadings, police shootings and other carnage, major news organizations applied their own standards to coverage of this week's killing of a TV news crew in Virginia and showed only carefully selected portions of the footage.
- Ex-news director of gunman describes him as confrontational Updated: Aug-27-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego news director recognized the gunman who shot to death two journalists on live television as a the man he had hired and later fired from a Florida TV station 16 years ago for getting in fights with colleagues and threatening others.
- Memories, tears mark newscast a day after on-air shootings Updated: Aug-27-15 5:59 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The colleagues of two journalists shot to death on live television returned to their morning show Thursday with memories, tears and a determination to carry on.
- Slain TV reporter, cameraman were eager young journalists Updated: Aug-27-15 4:54 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Alison Parker seemed destined for the anchor chair. Adam Ward was upbeat, the kind of cameraman everyone wanted to work with in the wee hours of the morning.
- Seigenthaler to receive Al Neuharth journalist award Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Broadcast journalist John M. Seigenthaler is this year's recipient of the Al Neuharth Award for Excellence in the Media.