- Brazil's transparency chief quits over corruption probe tape Updated: May-30-16 7:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Leaked recordings of heavyweight politicians discussing Brazil's sprawling kickback scandal caused more headaches for acting President Michel Temer on Monday, with a new tape forcing his anti-corruption minister to quit.
- Palestinian arrested after stabbing soldier in Tel Aviv Updated: May-30-16 1:25 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli police say a 17-year-old Palestinian stabbed a soldier in central Tel Aviv, lightly wounding him before being arrested after a short chase.
- Connecticut focuses on developing TV and digital industry Updated: May-29-16 9:31 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Once hoping to be known as Hollywood East, Connecticut is now actively courting the television and digital media industry, working to attract and grow companies that can meet the burgeoning demand for the content used across multiple platforms, from cable TV's TLC to the Internet's YouTube.
- Colombian rebels free Spanish journalist, 2 others Updated: May-27-16 10:29 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Leftist rebels have freed a Spanish correspondent and two other journalists who went missing in a lawless region of Colombia, ending a weeklong saga that recalled some of the darkest days of a long-running conflict the South American nation is trying to move beyond.
- NJ Transit: Engineer with DWI past not driving trains Updated: May-27-16 6:23 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit says an engineer who made headlines when a TV station revealed he had been driving trains while his motor vehicle license was suspended for repeated drunken driving is no longer driving locomotives.
- Will Trump continue to dominate media in 1-on-1 match? Updated: May-27-16 11:21 am
NEW YORK - During the height of the primary season, a sense of Donald Trump overload in the media united a divided electorate.
- Trump agrees to debate Sanders but sets stiff price Updated: May-27-16 12:23 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has provisionally accepted Bernie Sanders' proposal to debate, but the billionaire is setting a high price for participating. His condition: The hosting TV network would have to put up millions of dollars for charity.
- Bill Moyers turns down $35,000 speaking fee from Rutgers Updated: May-26-16 5:09 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - PBS journalist Bill Moyers has turned down a $35,000 fee that Rutgers University offered for speaking at part of its graduation ceremony.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- Families dash to get residents from assisted-living home Updated: May-25-16 7:58 pm
LIVONIA, Michigan - Dozens of people at a Detroit-area assisted living home have been forced to leave after state inspectors found fire-safety problems.
- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- The Latest: US diplomat overjoyed at Ukraine pilot's release Updated: May-25-16 2:00 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - The Latest on Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko (all times local):
- 2 more journalists go missing in lawless area of Colombia Updated: May-24-16 9:27 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Two more journalists were reported missing Tuesday in a lawless region where Colombian security forces were already carrying out an extensive search for a prominent Spanish journalist who disappeared over the weekend.
- CBS is most popular network for eighth season in a row Updated: May-24-16 4:15 pm
NEW YORK - CBS will finish the television season as the nation's most popular television network for the eighth consecutive year, and win among the youthful demographic sought by advertisers for only the third time since modern record-keeping began in the 1980s.
- Actor-director Timothy Busfield will work at Michigan State Updated: May-24-16 2:34 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Emmy-winning actor Timothy Busfield will share his skills with students at Michigan State University.
- No exaggeration, NBC Preakness ratings up over last year Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Exaggerator's victory over Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist in the Preakness was watched on NBC by an average of more than 9.4 million people, a 6 percent increase over American Pharoah's victory last year in the second leg of the Triple Crown.
- Professor's television program highlights historical events Updated: May-23-16 10:22 am
MANSFIELD, Massachusetts - If you didn't know that a riot once broke out in Mansfield over the abolition of slavery or what triggered Europe's 30 Years War, you might want to take a "short" course with historian Paolo DiGregorio.
- 12-year-old California student ready to start university Updated: May-22-16 7:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A 12-year-old Sacramento student who already has three community college degrees and has been accepted to two University of California campuses says he plans on studying biomedical engineering and becoming a doctor and medical researcher by the time he turns 18.
- EU,OSCE watching changes at Serbia regional broadcaster Updated: May-22-16 11:45 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - The European Union and OSCE missions in Serbia say they have "taken note" of recent changes at a regional public broadcaster that followed last month's general elections and sparked accusations of government pressure on the media.
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump Updated: May-22-16 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on Campaign 2016 (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Winners announced in 2015 PAPBA contest Updated: May-20-16 9:03 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Four radio and television stations were honored with the Joe Snyder Award for Outstanding News Service on Friday at the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcasters Association's annual awards banquet.
- Trial of man charged in New York teen's slaying wrapping up Updated: May-20-16 11:08 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Closing arguments are being made in the trial of a central New York man charged with stabbing a 16-year-old girl to death and wounding the victim's mother.
- Morley Safer, veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent, dies at 84 Updated: May-20-16 12:27 am
NEW YORK - During a visit last Friday with a frail Morley Safer, Tom Brokaw exchanged memories with him about fellow journalists Ben Bradlee, Don Hewitt and others who had died.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- 'NCIS' farewell episode trumps Megyn Kelly's Trump interview Updated: May-18-16 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Megyn Kelly interviewing Donald Trump couldn't hold a candle to Michael Weatherly leaving "NCIS" Tuesday night.