- In Women's World Cup viewership, new generation is older one Updated: Jul-03-15 3:47 pm
A generation of American women who grew up playing sports because of Title IX now makes up the television audience that advertisers covet.
- HGTV relies on relationships for good TV Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - HGTV is working the buddy system.
- Mexican TV anchor Jacobo Zabludovsky dies at 87 Updated: Jul-02-15 6:07 pm
MEXICO CITY - Jacobo Zabludovsky, a journalist who for decades was seen as a symbol of the tight links between Mexico's government and press, died Thursday at age 87.
- In Tech: Lifetime video service, Sprint's new price plans Updated: Jul-02-15 4:07 pm
Fans of Lifetime's melodramatic movies can now see them for $4 a month - without subscribing to cable.
- The Latest: Cuba embassy plan riles Republican hopefuls Updated: Jul-01-15 4:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States and Cuba will open embassies in their capital cities after more than 50 years of hostilities between the two countries. The latest developments (all times local):
- American dean fired from Russian university after TV show Updated: Jul-01-15 12:32 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian university has fired an American businessman after his presence on the faculty was questioned during a pro-Kremlin weekly television news program.
- Kim Kardashian says use of selfies can be empowering Updated: Jul-01-15 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Kim Kardashian says the large number of selfies she posts on social media empowers her to control her public image, but also contributes to her being viewed by some merely as a sexual object.
- Antiques Roadshow appraisal event headed to Arkansas in July Updated: Jun-30-15 4:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Educational Television Network says PBS's popular Antiques Roadshow appraisal event is coming to Little Rock next month.
- Campbell movie sets standard for CNN film Updated: Jun-30-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - CNN's airing of a documentary on singer Glen Campbell's fight with Alzheimer's Disease shattered previous viewership records for a movie on the news network.
- Fox News launching real estate program Updated: Jun-30-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - Watch out, HGTV. Fox News Channel is getting into the real estate television business.
- Early, weighty choices in 'Frontline' doc 'Growing Up Trans' Updated: Jun-29-15 9:18 pm
NEW YORK - "Growing Up Trans" explores the transgender phenomenon as younger people than ever (and their parents) now experience it: a frontier of possibilities and unknowns, and a minefield of high-stakes choices for these youngsters as they also navigate the changes adolescence brings.
- US-China match draws 5.7 million viewers Updated: Jun-27-15 6:01 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Women's World Cup quarterfinal match between the United States and China drew 5.7 million viewers on Fox, the network says.
- Suburban Detroit police nab man in northern Michigan killing Updated: Jun-25-15 7:00 pm
NESTER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police have arrested a 42-year-old man who's accused of fatally shooting a woman and wounding another man in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula.
- Roger Ailes signs new contract at Fox Updated: Jun-25-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Roger Ailes has signed a new contract to continue as chief executive of Fox News Channel, the network that has become a ratings and financial powerhouse since he created it two decades ago, 21st Century Fox said Thursday.
- PBS: 'Finding Your Roots' Affleck episode violated standards Updated: Jun-24-15 7:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - PBS put its "Finding Your Roots" series on hold Wednesday after determining an episode that omitted references to Ben Affleck's ancestor as a slave owner violated its standards.
- US-Colombia seen by 4.7 million on Fox Sports 1 Updated: Jun-23-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' second-round win over Colombia was the second-most-watched match of this Women's World Cup on U.S. television.
- Showtime price trimmed to $9 in deal for Hulu subscribers Updated: Jun-23-15 3:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The price of Showtime is being trimmed to $9 a month for Hulu subscribers in a deal that will make it the first premium pay TV service offered through Hulu.
- As it closes AOL deal, Verizon teases new video service Updated: Jun-23-15 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Verizon is launching a mobile video service this summer that would show sports, concerts and other types of content.
- Egypt court overturns conviction of journalist Updated: Jun-23-15 12:14 pm
CAIRO - A Cairo appeals court has overturned the conviction of a TV broadcaster closely linked to the security services for insulting a liberal politician.
- US Open Sunday viewership down from last West Coast event Updated: Jun-22-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - With Tiger Woods missing the cut, the U.S. Open's TV viewership for the final round was down 30 percent from the last time the tournament was on the West Coast.
- NBC's Holt ready to take over as 'Nightly' anchor Updated: Jun-22-15 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - New "Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt says he doesn't believe the broadcast needs to take special steps to rebuild trust among viewers following Brian Williams' demotion, even as NBC's first advertisement promoting him lauds his dependability.
- Weather Channel taking active stance on climate change Updated: Jun-22-15 9:38 am
NEW YORK - The Weather Channel is looking beyond cold fronts and summer showers with a project featuring the voices of 25 prominent people talking about the need to take action on climate change.
- A newsman gone astray will return to NBC seeking redemption Updated: Jun-20-15 10:04 am
NEW YORK - In 1974, CBS News anchor Walter Cronkite made a cameo appearance as himself on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
- Brian Williams' rehabilitation efforts begin Friday Updated: Jun-19-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - Brian Williams said the months since his suspension from NBC News had been like torture, and a come-clean interview with colleague Matt Lauer on the "Today" show must surely have felt like an extension.
- Western Kentucky-Vanderbilt season opener moved to Sept. 3 Updated: Jun-18-15 5:13 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky's season opener at Vanderbilt has been moved up two days to Sept. 3 and will be broadcast on the SEC Network.