- Young Charleston gymnast performs on national television Updated: May-01-16 10:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A talented Charleston youngster was featured on the "Steve Harvey" television show on April 26.
- Obama out: President closes out his run as comedian-in-chief Updated: May-01-16 5:01 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama performed his brand of sharp-tongued comedy at the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the last time - wrapping up with "Obama out" and dropping the mic while the crowd cheered.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- Strahan-Ripa breakup isn't TV's first botched transition Updated: Apr-30-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa emerged from her brief "strike" this past week on stronger footing, having extracted an apology from Walt Disney Co. officials for giving her little advanced word that her co-host Michael Strahan was leaving for "Good Morning America."
- TV pundit who claimed CIA ties pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 5:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former cable news pundit Wayne Simmons admits he's a fraud. And he admits he's a felon. But despite all evidence to the contrary, he remains adamant that he was a CIA man.
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Iraqi authorities shut down Al Jazeera's Baghdad bureau Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Al Jazeera Media Network says Iraqi authorities have shut down their bureau in Baghdad and banned its journalists from reporting in the country.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Search to begin for Michael Strahan's successor on 'Live' Updated: Apr-27-16 2:27 pm
NEW YORK - If finding a new partner for Kelly Ripa on her daytime talk show is anything like the process that led to Michael Strahan's hiring, it won't be quick.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Maryland Dems want more Obama, GOP unhappy with government Updated: Apr-27-16 12:08 am
Donald Trump won Maryland's Republican primary with strong backing from voters angry about how government is working and eager for a president who can bring change, according to exit polls released Tuesday.
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- HBO's 'Game of Thrones' opens with bang Updated: Apr-26-16 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - The fantasy favorite "Game of Thrones," the most popular series in HBO's history, returned for its sixth season with what may or may not be the show's most-watched episode ever.
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Game 4 of the Warriors-Rockets series drew the largest television audience for the first round of the NBA playoffs in 14 years.
- Strahan to exit 'Live' in May, Ripa says all is forgiven Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Kelly Ripa returned to her daytime talk show Tuesday after time off to "gather (her) thoughts" in response to learning her co-host Michael Strahan is leaving, saying the incident had started a conversation about workplace respect.
- Israel silencing detained Palestinian journalist, says wife Updated: Apr-26-16 12:36 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The wife of a detained Palestinian journalist said Tuesday that Israel is trying to silence him.
- Prominent journalist denied work permit in Ukraine Updated: Apr-26-16 11:59 am
MOSCOW - One of the most influential journalists on Ukrainian television was denied a work permit on Tuesday, authorities said.
- Megyn Kelly to interview Donald Trump for Fox TV special Updated: Apr-25-16 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Donald Trump will join Megyn Kelly on a Fox TV special for her first interview with him since the fallout from their encounter during a GOP presidential debate last summer.
- Time Warner Cable deal gets OK, with online video conditions Updated: Apr-25-16 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Federal regulators will impose several conditions meant to protect online video services as they back Charter's bid to buy Time Warner Cable and create the country's second-largest home Internet provider.
- Police arrest California minister in sexual abuse case Updated: Apr-24-16 12:59 pm
MARTINEZ, California - Police in Northern California say a minister has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a teen girl over a three-year period.
- Winners announced in 2016 MAPB contest Updated: Apr-23-16 10:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Winners of the Mississippi Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 23 in Jackson, Mississippi. The MAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The MAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.