- New Taiwan president omits one-China principle in speech Updated: May-20-16 10:26 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's new independence-leaning President Tsai Ing-wen tread carefully around the thorny issue of relations with China in her inaugural address Friday, emphasizing the importance of two decades of growing exchanges without mentioning the one-China principle fundamental to Beijing.
- Ugandan president inaugurated amid opposition arrests Updated: May-12-16 3:44 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's long-time president was sworn in Thursday for a fifth term, taking him into his fourth decade in power amid arrests of opposition politicians and a shutdown of social media.
- US diplomats walk out of Uganda president's inauguration Updated: May-12-16 3:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The State Department says the U.S. delegation attending Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni's inauguration walked out of the ceremony in protest. At issue were his disparaging comments about an international war crimes tribunal and the presence of Sudan's leader whom the court has indicted.
- Trump to face trial after election in Trump University suit Updated: May-06-16 8:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Donald Trump will go to trial in a class-action lawsuit against his now-defunct Trump University after the presidential election but before inauguration if he wins the White House, setting the stage for a president-elect to take the witness stand.
- Vargas inaugurated as Southeast Missouri State president Updated: May-06-16 8:33 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Southeast Missouri State University's new president says colleges and universities need to remove obstacles in the way of student success.