- Georgia man drowns near Great Smoky Mountains waterfall Updated: Apr-29-16 1:08 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a 59-year-old Georgia man drowned after slipping into the water near a waterfall in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Vermont says its optimal time for steelhead trout viewing Updated: Apr-19-16 12:09 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife says now is the best time to watch steelhead rainbow trout leaping up waterfalls as part of their upstream migration.
- Guyana's rain forest: Waterfalls, cliffs, tiny golden frogs Updated: Apr-18-16 9:05 am
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - From 6,000 feet above Guyana's rain forest, the jungle canopy below spread to the horizon in every direction, like wall-to-wall green carpeting. Winding, mud-brown tributaries of the Demerara River shimmered in the sunlight.
- Owner of horses that carry tourists accused of animal abuse Updated: Apr-16-16 2:30 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The owner of several horses on the Havasupai Indian Reservation, where tourist excursions to towering waterfalls depend on the animals, has been charged with animal cruelty and neglect.
- Expect weeks of peak waterfall activity in Yosemite park Updated: Apr-11-16 10:41 am
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, California - Waterfalls in Yosemite National Park will likely reach peak flows between now and May.
- Second phase of $36M Riverbanks Zoo expansion now open Updated: Apr-08-16 6:23 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The second phase of a $36 million expansion at Columbia's popular Riverbanks Zoo is now open.