- Cyber Monday sales still on top, but losing some luster Updated: Nov-30-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Shoppers traded bricks for clicks on Monday, flocking online to snap up "Cyber Monday" deals on everything from cashmere sweaters to Star Wars toys.
- Change in Thanksgiving weekend spending stumps retailers Updated: Nov-29-15 7:41 pm
U.S. shoppers no longer blow the bulk of their holiday budgets on the day after Thanksgiving known as Black Friday.
- Black Friday store sales fall as Americans buy more online Updated: Nov-28-15 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Black Friday shopping is shifting from hours spent in line to more time online.
- Don't get Grinched by cybercrime during the holiday season Updated: Nov-28-15 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Online fraud spikes during the holiday shopping season, as people searching for the perfect gifts take to cyberspace and head to traditional stores armed with their smartphones.
- NAACP to launch campaign to support Detroit holiday shopping Updated: Nov-28-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is kicking off an annual effort that promotes holiday shopping in the city.
- Super Bowl of shopping is more like a scrimmage Updated: Nov-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - The annual ritual of Black Friday, as we know it, is over.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Fire at Target store in Iowa interrupts holiday shopping Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A fire interrupted holiday shopping at a West Des Moines Target on Thanksgiving night.
- Economy, oil slowdown might dampen Dakotas holiday sales Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Holiday shoppers in the Dakotas this season are expected to spend more than they did last year, though a slumping oil economy in North Dakota has retailers there nervous.
- South Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in South Dakota.
- North Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in North Dakota.
- Dreary weather greets Black Friday shoppers around St. Louis Updated: Nov-27-15 8:48 am
ST. LOUIS - Bargain-hunters venturing out for Black Friday shopping around St. Louis aren't getting much cooperation from the weather.
- Holiday shoppers get a head start on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-27-15 12:21 am
NEW YORK - Black Friday used to kick off the holiday shopping season, but now Thanksgiving Day is the new tradition for some shoppers.
- Gov. Baker kicks off Christmas tree buying season Updated: Nov-26-15 11:22 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is kicking off the Christmas tree buying season by declaring the day after Thanksgiving "Green Friday" in Massachusetts.
- NY Gov. Cuomo warns holiday shoppers about identity theft Updated: Nov-26-15 9:08 am
ALBANY, New York - With the return of the holiday shopping season New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is warning consumers to be on the look-out for charity scams, identity theft and offers that are just too good to be true.
- Bossier City Police to deploy for holiday shopping season Updated: Nov-26-15 4:05 am
BOSSIER CITY, Louisiana - The holiday shopping season is here and that means the Bossier City Police Department will once again activate its Armed Robbery Task Force.
- Signs of steady US economy: Rising pay and solid job market Updated: Nov-25-15 3:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans' pay is up, fewer people need unemployment aid, more are buying new homes and business spending is rebounding.
- 3 Trends for the holidays Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
NEW YORK - The holiday season is upon us. Here's what shoppers can expect if they're heading out to stores at any point during the holiday shopping season:
- A look at the hot toys for holiday 2015 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:44 am
NEW YORK - Which toys will warm the hearts of parents and kids for the holiday 2015 shopping season?
- More optimism among middle class buoys US consumer sentiment Updated: Nov-25-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - Americans were more optimistic about their incomes and personal finances this month, particularly among lower and middle-class households, lifting consumers' outlook.
- Smartphones overtake desktops for holiday shopping Updated: Nov-25-15 9:49 am
NEW YORK - If the beginning of the holiday season is any indication, it could be a merry mobile Christmas for shoppers.
- Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska communities Updated: Nov-25-15 1:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Forget about long lines and pushy shoppers ready to do battle for sweet Black Friday deals. In rural Alaska, residents are far removed from all the frenzy that goes with the nation's most intense shopping day of the year.
- SD attorney general urges residents to be careful shoppers Updated: Nov-24-15 4:14 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Attorney General Marty Jackley is urging South Dakota residents to be careful when shopping this holiday season to avoid common mistakes.
- Police offer tips to avoid pickpockets, other thieves Updated: Nov-24-15 4:00 am
CHICAGO - Chicago police are urging holiday shoppers to be extra cautious to avoid criminals.
- Illinois AG Madigan releases annual safe shopping guide Updated: Nov-23-15 7:20 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has released a list of toys and children's products that have been recalled.