- Humanities endowment gives $36M in grants for 212 projects Updated: Jul-29-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - The National Endowment for the Humanities is giving more than $36 million in grants for projects, including funds to help publish 36 nonfiction books to support popular scholarly writing.
- Park Avenue Armory gets $65 million gift for its endowment Updated: Jul-09-15 10:55 pm
NEW YORK - The Park Avenue Armory has gotten a $65 million gift from the Thompson Family Foundation that will go toward an endowment for artistic and cultural programming.
- New Hampshire lawmaker questions Dartmouth land agreement Updated: Jul-09-15 6:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than two centuries after a gift of land from the New Hampshire Legislature helped keep Dartmouth College afloat, a current lawmaker wants the Ivy League school to do more to repay the state's generosity.
- Minneapolis art museum celebrates success in 100th year Updated: Jul-07-15 12:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minneapolis Institute of Arts' 100th year was a good one, with an all-time attendance record of more than 750,000 people drawn by special exhibits on high-end Italian fashion and Austrian royal treasures.
- Kent State president proposes tripling university endowment Updated: Jul-02-15 8:41 am
KENT, Ohio - The president of Kent State University has proposed more than tripling the school's endowment to provide more student scholarships and add faculty positions.