- Detroit schools reducing district-level mandated testing Updated: Oct-08-15 8:08 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Public Schools plan to reduce total district-level mandated testing days by 50 percent, boosting instructional time.
- Virginia's new school accreditation ratings take effect Updated: Oct-08-15 6:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Board of Education has revised its school accreditation standards.
- California high schools to learn 'yes means yes' sex policy Updated: Oct-01-15 8:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Jerry Brown has approved legislation aimed at making California the first state in the nation to bring lessons about sexual consent required at many colleges into high schools, his office announced Thursday.
- Group requests records about Islam curriculum from schools Updated: Sep-21-15 12:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A religious organization has requested records pertaining to Islam curriculum from all Tennessee school districts.
- Education board to meet to discuss statewide test results Updated: Sep-20-15 6:13 pm
MALDEN, Massachusetts - The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is meeting this week to discuss statewide test results.
- Jonesboro schools testing panic button alert system Updated: Sep-20-15 12:08 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - It was a typical dog day in Northeast Arkansas; a peaceful day at the administration building of the Jonesboro Public Schools District.
- Districts prepare for student tests to evaluate teachers Updated: Sep-17-15 7:28 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - While this school year is newly under way, district officials across Alaska are turning their attention to additional standardized tests students will take next year to help rank teachers.
- Breathalyzer tests administered at Ohio high school's games Updated: Sep-17-15 3:23 am
AKRON, Ohio - A private Catholic high school in northeast Ohio is requiring students to submit to blood-alcohol level tests before attending the school's football games.
- Broadband group to test school Internet speed, plan upgrades Updated: Sep-16-15 2:18 pm
HELENA, Montana - A broadband advocacy group will test Internet speeds at Montana public schools this fall to determine places needing faster connections.
- Illinois students fare poorly on new statewide tests Updated: Sep-16-15 1:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Preliminary results from new statewide tests based on the Common Core educational standards show that the vast majority of Illinois high school students fell short of grade-level expectations.
- Judge rejects Jindal injunction request in Common Core suit Updated: Sep-16-15 1:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A judge Wednesday rejected Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's request to block federal officials from penalizing his state if it quits using the Common Core education standards, saying Jindal failed to show any such threat exists.
- State ends investigation into cyberattack on school testing Updated: Sep-16-15 1:32 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida authorities are closing an investigation into a cyberattack that created widespread problems with the state's standardized testing system.
- Illinois schools superintendent warns districts about tests Updated: Sep-15-15 8:20 pm
The superintendent of Illinois schools is warning local districts to expect lousy test scores on a new statewide exam based on the Common Core standards.
- State announces replacement for Badger Exam Updated: Sep-10-15 9:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin education officials said Thursday that they selected a former Republican legislator's company to produce a shorter, cheaper test to replace the statewide public school Badger Exam.
- Tests suggest most Kansas students not ready for college Updated: Sep-08-15 4:30 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A majority of Kansas public school students aren't on track to be ready academically for college based on their scores on standardized English and math tests this past spring, a state report said Tuesday.