- Prosecutor seeks audit, investigation of sheriff's account Updated: Feb-09-16 7:54 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler says he's asked the Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for a special audit and an investigation into undisclosed irregularities in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office Inmate Trust Account.
- Haslam-owned chain exec advised 'say one thing, do another' Updated: Feb-09-16 7:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A former top executive of the truck stop chain owned by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam advised sales staff to "Say one thing, do another," when it came to dealing with customers, according to an indictment.
- NTSB: New rules needed for air shipments of batteries Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 pm
WASHINGTON - The government should issue more stringent rules for how rechargeable batteries are shipped on planes to prevent uncontrollable fires, the chairman of a federal accident investigations board said Tuesday.
- Latest: Bacteria worries influenced Flint corrosion decision Updated: Feb-09-16 7:17 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The latest on developments in the lead contamination of Flint's water (all times local):
- 2 police officers cleared in fatal New Jersey shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 6:34 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Prosecutors have cleared two Camden County policemen in the fatal shooting of a Camden man who allegedly aimed an air pistol at them during a confrontation last summer.
- 2nd outside report says Mexico students not burned at dump Updated: Feb-09-16 6:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - A group of Argentine forensic experts says it has determined there is no biological or physical evidence to conclude that 43 students who disappeared in southern Mexico in 2014 were incinerated at a trash dump as government investigators initially said.
- The Latest: FBI chief says encryption blocks investigations Updated: Feb-09-16 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the worldwide threat assessment from U.S. intelligence agencies (all times local):
- Flint counsel says manslaughter charge harshest possible Updated: Feb-09-16 5:42 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Flint's water crisis, after a switch in the source allowed dangerous levels of lead and potentially caused deadly cases of Legionnaires' disease, could result in criminal charges as serious as involuntary manslaughter, a top investigator said Tuesday.
- ACLU files lawsuit seeking video from fatal police shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 5:06 pm
- Authorities investigate death of Page man on houseboat dock Updated: Feb-09-16 5:05 pm
PAGE, Arizona - Coconino County Sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a Page man who collapsed on a houseboat dock on Lake Powell near the Arizona-Utah border.
- Norway investigates child abuse at asylum-seekers' centers Updated: Feb-09-16 2:21 pm
HELSINKI - Norwegian police said Tuesday that they are investigating several cases of sex offenders allegedly abusing children at asylum-seekers' reception centers in the country. Swedish police, meanwhile, arrested more than a dozen people suspected of planning an attack on a refugee center.
- Police discover human remains in Oklahoma City landfill Updated: Feb-09-16 1:55 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police are investigating after human remains were discovered at a landfill.
- The Latest: Norway investigating migrant child abuse cases Updated: Feb-09-16 12:43 pm
GENEVA - The Latest on the influx of migrants into Europe (all times local):
- Police seek shooter in Neptune Township killing Updated: Feb-09-16 10:57 am
NEPTUNE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Police are seeking a suspect in the fatal shooting of a young man in Neptune Township.
- Teen pleads guilty in fatal texting crash Updated: Feb-09-16 10:41 am
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - A teenage driver has admitted to texting before slamming into a van and killing a father and his 10-year-old daughter in Sherburne County.
- Spain drops fraud investigation of former Mexico politician Updated: Feb-09-16 9:53 am
MADRID - Spain's National Court has dropped an investigation into a prominent former Mexican politician arrested last month in a corruption probe.
- Napa County officials investigating death of jail inmate Updated: Feb-09-16 8:59 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Authorities are investigating the death of an inmate at the Napa County Department of Corrections.
- Man killed by reservation officer was halfway house escapee Updated: Feb-09-16 8:27 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man who was shot and killed during a struggle with a tribal police officer on the Rosebud Indian Reservation was a federal robbery convict who escaped from a Rapid City halfway house in December.
- Police seek help from public after north Georgia bank robbed Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 am
DILLARD, Georgia - State and local law officers are asking for the public's help to identify a man they say robbed a bank in the north Georgia mountains.
- Death of woman in Newark under investigation Updated: Feb-09-16 6:08 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities are investigating the death of a woman in Newark.
- Driver points handgun at motorist in road rage incident Updated: Feb-09-16 5:34 am
ROSLYN HEIGHTS, New York - Authorities are investigating a road rage incident in which a motorist pointed a gun at another driver on Long Island.
- Man gunned down outside Ashford bar Updated: Feb-09-16 3:30 am
ASHFORD, Washington - Pierce County authorities are investigating after a man was fatally shot outside an Ashford bar following a dispute.
- Delaware police departments seek equipment, training funds Updated: Feb-09-16 3:15 am
DOVER, Delaware - A state committee is set to consider a variety of funding requests from local law enforcement agencies for new equipment and training.
- Man claims self-defense in fatal shooting of girlfriend Updated: Feb-08-16 11:28 pm
RIVERDALE, Utah - Authorities are investigating the death of a woman who was shot by her boyfriend at a Riverdale home.
- Lynch: No outside influence on FBI probe into Clinton emails Updated: Feb-08-16 9:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch is reaffirming that the FBI's probe into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while secretary of state is free of outside political influence.