- Police: Autopsy findings confirm 18-year-old killed self Updated: Nov-24-15 4:52 pm
NORMANDY, Missouri - An autopsy report shows that an 18-year-old who exchanged gunfire with police in suburban St. Louis died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound and was not hit by any officer's bullets.
- The Latest: Man shot stepdaughter, then self, officials say Updated: Nov-23-15 1:34 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The latest on the shooting at a hospital in Tampa:
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- Authorities investigate suspected murder-suicide in Moore Updated: Nov-23-15 10:43 am
MOORE, Oklahoma - Authorities in Moore are investigating after a man and a woman were found dead inside an apartment in a suspected murder-suicide.
- Ex-vice principal dies after jumping off Palisades cliffs Updated: Nov-23-15 6:08 am
ALPINE, New Jersey - A former vice principal who admitted selling crystal meth has died after police say he jumped more than 300 feet from the Palisades cliffs.
- Cops: Ex-NY police chief slayed ex-girlfriend, killed self Updated: Nov-21-15 6:53 pm
GOSHEN, New York - Police say a 55-year-old retired New York police chief fatally shot his former girlfriend before turning the gun on himself.
- San Diego County to settle lawsuit in 16-year-old's suicide Updated: Nov-21-15 3:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego County has agreed to pay $1 million to the family of a 16-year-old girl who killed herself while in a juvenile detention facility.
- 3 die in double homicide, suicide in central Missouri Updated: Nov-21-15 3:05 pm
MOBERLY, Missouri - Three people have died in central Missouri in what authorities are describing as a double homicide and a suicide.
- Inmate stopped from hanging himself in NY jail Updated: Nov-21-15 2:02 pm
ORISKANY, New York - Authorities say correction officers in upstate New York saved an inmate who was trying to hang himself in a county jail.
- Students often turn to dorm leaders after hints of suicide Updated: Nov-21-15 9:43 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Charlie Martinez Kovanda distinctly remembers the pounding on her door at 9 p.m., the night she opened it to find a guy holding onto his girlfriend. She was struggling to escape his grip, screaming, crying and shaking as she tried to get away.
- Gliniewicz accounts will remain frozen until judge's ruling Updated: Nov-20-15 12:38 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - Bank accounts will remain frozen that belong to the widow of a northern Illinois police officer who authorities say killed himself after years of embezzling from a police youth program.
- Former inmate dies days after hanging himself in Austin jail Updated: Nov-19-15 4:53 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A former inmate has died after officials say he hung himself at the Travis County Jail and was found unresponsive.
- Inmate found dead in Great Falls likely killed himself Updated: Nov-18-15 11:59 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Investigators say an inmate who was found dead at the Cascade County Regional Detention Center in Great Falls appears to have hanged himself.
- Illinois officer spent embezzled money on coffee, movies Updated: Nov-18-15 2:08 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - A northern Illinois police officer who authorities say killed himself after years of embezzling from a police-sponsored youth program spent the stolen money on items such as coffee, restaurant meals and trips to the movies, according to court documents.
- Nigerian man kills 4 children, attempts to kill self, wife Updated: Nov-18-15 2:04 pm
KADUNA, Nigeria - Nigerian police say a man has slit the throats of all four of his children and tried to kill himself and his wife.
- Police fatal shooting of armed man ruled a suicide Updated: Nov-10-15 5:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The state medical examiner's office says the man who was fatally shot by police near Good Samaritan Medical Center pointed a gun at officers and intended for police to kill him.
- Report: Man who killed deputy not evaluated by psychiatrist Updated: Nov-09-15 8:46 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - The man who fatally shot a sheriff's deputy at a Minnesota hospital last month was never evaluated by a psychiatrist, despite making declarations that he was going to kill himself and any man who came into his room, according to a federal report.
- Maine community holds vigil for 3 victims in fatal shooting Updated: Nov-09-15 6:21 am
OAKLAND, Maine - Hundreds gathered in central Maine to honor three people who police say were killed in a shooting rampage that ended in a suicide.
- The Latest: Mother kills child, herself at Arizona hospital Updated: Nov-07-15 8:10 pm
MESA, Arizona - The latest on the apparent murder-suicide of a mother and child at a suburban Phoenix children's hospital (all times local):
- Illinois officer's personnel file contains warning signs Updated: Nov-06-15 5:55 pm
Personnel records for the Illinois police officer who authorities say killed himself after years of embezzlement reveal a troubled on-the-job history going back years.
- The Latest: Official says officer's wife, son received texts Updated: Nov-05-15 8:57 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - The latest developments in the investigation into the September shooting death of an Illinois police officer (all times local):
- 8-year-old boy's suicide in Las Vegas a rare case Updated: Nov-05-15 7:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say the death of an 8-year-old Las Vegas boy found shot to death last month has been ruled a suicide. Experts say his death is especially tragic because a boy that young does not understand that death is final.
- Q&A: Drama may not be over in Illinois officer case Updated: Nov-05-15 4:42 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - The revelation that a "hero" police officer stole money and killed himself in a way that made it appear he was gunned down in the line of duty has shaken a small town in northern Illinois. And the drama may not be over. Authorities say they have strong evidence at least two others were involved in the embezzlement of thousands of dollars from the Fox Lake Police Explorer youth program led by Lt. Charles Gliniewicz. One official says the officer's wife and one of their sons is under investigation. The family accepted thousands of dollars in donations when people thought Gliniewicz gave his life to keep them safe. What now?
- Family pursues legal action over Astoria Bridge suicide Updated: Nov-05-15 5:01 am
ASTORIA, Oregon - The family of a woman who jumped from the Astoria Bridge plans to sue Clatsop County, claiming her suicide could have been prevented.
- 2 dead, 2 injured in shooting police call murder-suicide Updated: Nov-05-15 2:45 am
CYPRESS, Texas - Two people died and two were injured in what police are calling a murder-suicide in Cypress, Texas.