- Man sued over life insurance payout after murder-suicide Updated: May-02-16 3:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A lawsuit claims a Baton Rouge man improperly collected a $500,000 payout from his business partner's life insurance policy after the partner gunned down his estranged wife and shot and killed himself in Connecticut last year.
- Murder-suicide suspected in Mankato couple's shooting deaths Updated: May-01-16 12:26 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Mankato police suspect the shooting deaths of a couple were a murder-suicide.
- Police: Well-known Florida couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple has died in their home in a murder-suicide.
- Police: Well-known St. Pete couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple whose bodies were found in their home died in a murder-suicide.
- Police: apparent murder-suicide claims life of teacher Updated: Apr-30-16 4:16 pm
PORT CHARLOTTE, Florida - Authorities say a southwest Florida teacher was fatally shot by her estranged husband in an apparent murder-suicide.
- 3 dead in apparent murder-suicide in southeast Iowa Updated: Apr-30-16 1:09 pm
DANVILLE, Iowa - Authorities say three people have died in an apparent murder-suicide in southeast Iowa.
- Police identify victims in fatal Wisconsin Rapids shooting Updated: Apr-29-16 5:30 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Rapids police have identified the man and two children who died in an apparent double murder-suicide this week.
- Friend of Charleston church massacre suspect pleads guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 4:05 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A friend of the white man accused of killing nine black parishioners during a Bible study at a Charleston church last year pleaded guilty Friday to lying to federal authorities. He also revealed the suspect told him he had intended to kill himself after the slayings, which he had planned for months.
- The Latest: Son of Victim: I don't understand why he did it Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a guilty plea by a friend of the man accused of gunning down nine black parishioners during a Bible study in a South Carolina church (all times local):
- Police: Robber fatally shot employee, killed himself Updated: Apr-29-16 11:37 am
PRINCETON, West Virginia - Authorities say a man fatally shot a Princeton convenience store worker during a robbery and then killed himself.
- Police: Shooting in southwest Louisiana is murder-suicide Updated: Apr-28-16 8:30 pm
SULPHUR, Louisiana - A man who exchanged gunfire with sheriff's deputies after fatally shooting his wife in southwest Louisiana died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities said.
- Authorities say death at Apple headquarters was suicide Updated: Apr-28-16 8:20 pm
CUPERTINO, California - Authorities say a young Apple employee took his own life at the company's headquarters this week.
- Las Cruces police investigating an apparent murder-suicide Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Police say they're investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide involving an elderly couple at their Las Cruces home.
- Hitchcock County authorities investigating murder-suicide Updated: Apr-28-16 8:15 am
TRENTON, Nebraska - Authorities are investigating a suspected murder-suicide in the southwest Nebraska community of Trenton.
- Cops: Lawrence woman had restraining order against boyfriend Updated: Apr-28-16 7:23 am
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - Authorities say a Lawrence woman shot by her boyfriend before he took his own life had taken out a restraining order against him the day before the shooting, but it wasn't served immediately due to a computer glitch.
- Sheriff: Boy used father's pistol to accidentally kill self Updated: Apr-27-16 6:08 pm
DALLAS, Georgia - Officials say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed himself with his father's pistol.
- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- Officer tackles man, preventing him from jumping off bridge Updated: Apr-27-16 3:46 pm
RIVERDALE, New Jersey - A New Jersey police officer wrestled a distraught man to the ground who said he wanted to die, stopping him from jumping off an interstate bridge.
- Wrong-way driver was drunk during Iowa crash that killed 4 Updated: Apr-27-16 3:33 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A 25-year-old man was very drunk and traveling at more than 100 mph when he drove the wrong way on a busy interstate last month and collided head-on with a Des Moines police car, killing himself, two officers and a prisoner they were transporting, investigators revealed Wednesday.
- Inmate hangs himself after being removed from suicide watch Updated: Apr-26-16 9:48 pm
DENVER - An inmate at a Denver-area jail hanged himself one day after being released from suicide watch.
- Police: Man dead after Nevada chase was sought in California Updated: Apr-26-16 5:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 52-year-old man found dead in his vehicle after a chase on Interstate 15 in Nevada was being sought at the time in the shooting death of his wife in the California desert city of Indio.
- Authorities: 3 suicide attempts stopped by New Jersey cops Updated: Apr-26-16 4:37 pm
RIVERDALE, New Jersey - Authorities say three suicide attempts have been prevented by two New Jersey police officers.
- Inmate dies in Union County jail Updated: Apr-26-16 7:10 am
NEW ALBANY, Mississippi - The Union County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of an inmate.
- Police: 3 people dead in murder-suicide at San Antonio home Updated: Apr-26-16 1:32 am
SAN ANTONIO - Police say they are investigating after a man in his 40s shot and killed his parents before killing himself at a home in the West Side of San Antonio.
- Coroner: Ohio kidnapping, murder suspect hanged self in cell Updated: Apr-25-16 6:58 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A coroner says an Ohio kidnapping suspect charged in the beating death of a woman in a northwestern Pennsylvania home invasion hanged himself at the county prison over the weekend.