- NYC mayor says corruption probe won't affect re-election bid Updated: Apr-29-16 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says a widening corruption probe won't have an impact on his decision to run for re-election.
- Iran votes in parliamentary runoff as rare shooting wounds 4 Updated: Apr-29-16 12:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians voted Friday in the country's parliamentary runoff elections, a key poll that will decide how much power allies of moderate President Hassan Rouhani will have in the next legislature after the landmark nuclear deal with world powers.
- New Virginia voter registration form wins approval Updated: Apr-29-16 8:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The State Board of Elections has voted to overhaul Virginia's voter registration form to make it easier for residents to vote.
- Elected CU student leaders accused of making pizza bribes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Two of the winning presidential candidates in the University of Colorado's student government elections will not be allowed to take office after allegations that they used bribes of cookies and pizzas to gain votes.
- Presidential primaries for 2020 approved in Colorado House Updated: Apr-28-16 11:17 pm
DENVER - A plan to revive the presidential primaries in Colorado has cleared a big hurdle in the state Legislature.
- Michigan law limiting talk about elections won't be enforced Updated: Apr-28-16 7:57 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The state of Michigan won't enforce a law that blocks local government officials from talking about a ballot question before an election, under a deal approved Thursday by a federal judge.
- State fines ex-Snohomish County head for campaign violations Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Public Disclosure Commission has fined former Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon $4,200 for violating state campaign laws during his 2011 re-election campaign.
- Stenehjem chides Burgum for using state tax credit program Updated: Apr-28-16 4:46 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gubernatorial candidate Wayne Stenehjem chided GOP foe Doug Burgum on Thursday for using a North Dakota tax credit program to invest in more than a dozen out-of-state companies.
- Early turnout for Indiana primaries highest in 2 decades Updated: Apr-28-16 4:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - More Indiana residents have cast their votes early for the state's primary election than any of the previous nomination contests during the same time period in at least two decades.
- California Legislature approves $16 million for June primary Updated: Apr-28-16 1:31 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's Legislature is approving $16 million to help county election officials deal with a surge of interest in the June primary and a crush of petition signatures for ballot measures.
- Restoration of felon voting rights challenges registrars Updated: Apr-28-16 1:18 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia registrars are facing the challenge of verifying applications from convicted felons registering to vote after Gov. Terry McAuliffe recently restored their voting and other civil rights.
- Republican group unveils first TV ad attacking Cooper Updated: Apr-28-16 1:10 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Republican Governors Association is running its first television commercial in North Carolina's gubernatorial race, criticizing Democratic candidate Roy Cooper about his record while in the General Assembly.
- Kentucky Supreme Court hears arguments in Magoffin election Updated: Apr-27-16 6:43 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Lawyers for Magoffin County's judge-executive have made their arguments to the Kentucky Supreme Court, with one of the attorneys saying there was no proof his client took part in election fraud.
- Bevin revamps Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin revamped the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday with 11 new members and one holdover, reshaping a group overseeing a signature state industry.
- Ballot counting begins in contested Long Island Senate race Updated: Apr-27-16 6:04 pm
ALBANY, New York - It's looking less likely that the presumptive winner of a pivotal state Senate race on Long Island will take his seat before the Legislature returns to Albany on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Ballot count continues in NY Senate race Updated: Apr-27-16 5:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Latest on the counting of absentee ballots in the contested New York state Senate election on Long Island (all times local):
- Md. primary voter turnout at 46 percent Updated: Apr-27-16 4:38 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland elections board officials say voter turnout for this week's presidential primary has hit a new high in recent decades.
- Rhode Island voter advocates call for changes after primary Updated: Apr-27-16 1:02 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island voter advocates are calling for changes after some voters waited in long lines or showed up at the wrong polling place for Tuesday's presidential primary.
- Massachusetts GOP gears up to select delegates to convention Updated: Apr-27-16 8:48 am
BOSTON - An intense, behind-the-scenes battle is under way as Massachusetts Republicans gear up to select delegates to the National Republican Convention.
- Trump, Clinton win Pennsylvania; Dems tap McGinty for Senate Updated: Apr-27-16 1:31 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton came away big winners in Pennsylvania's presidential primaries Tuesday, as Democrats backed their party establishment's choice for U.S. Senate and an indicted Philadelphia-area congressman lost his bid for a 12th term.
- Age gap shows in Clinton win helped by older voters Updated: Apr-27-16 12:28 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democrat Hillary Clinton got a winning boost Tuesday from older voters who turned out in larger numbers than the younger voting bloc that swamped rival Bernie Sanders with support in Connecticut's presidential primary, exit polls showed.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- Maryland Dems want more Obama, GOP unhappy with government Updated: Apr-27-16 12:08 am
Donald Trump won Maryland's Republican primary with strong backing from voters angry about how government is working and eager for a president who can bring change, according to exit polls released Tuesday.
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):