- Wealthy homebuilder likely to enter Florida GOP Senate race Updated: Feb-08-16 7:59 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A wealthy Manatee County homebuilder is likely to jump into Florida's U.S. Senate race in a move that would pit key members of Gov. Rick Scott's political team against Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera in the Republican primary.
- Ex-Indiana GOP chairman Holcomb drop US Senate campaign Updated: Feb-08-16 6:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Republican Party chairman Eric Holcomb abruptly dropped out of the state's U.S. Senate race Monday, giving some breathing room to the other two candidates in the crowded GOP primary field while hinting he may have something else to announce soon.
- Democrats vying for US Senate talk up experience, background Updated: Feb-08-16 5:06 pm
CHICAGO - Meeting for the first time this election season, the three Illinois Democrats vying for U.S. Senate worked to distinguish themselves from each other and their GOP rivals Monday, sharing stories of difficult childhoods, business backgrounds and time in the trenches of struggling Chicago neighborhoods.
- Senate Democrats back candidate for GOP-held seat in Vegas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic leaders in the Nevada Senate are endorsing an attorney to run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Scott Hammond.
- Johnson: Jobs, health care as important as terror fight Updated: Feb-05-16 6:16 pm
MILWAUKEE - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson framed his re-election campaign as a matter of security - both military and economic - at a town hall meeting Friday, saying jobs and health care demand the same attention as the fight against terror.
- Oregon businessman announces bid for US Senate seat Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 pm
BEND, Oregon - An Oregon businessman is looking to take U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden's job.
- North Carolina elections take shape with fundraising numbers Updated: Feb-04-16 6:24 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's March 15 primary and the November general election are taking shape as candidates and party committees disclosed financial reports over the past week as state and federal filing deadlines came and went.
- Senate candidate's father, aide's family give to super PAC Updated: Feb-04-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than half of the money raised last year for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate P.G. Sittenfeld by a super political action committee came from his father and a campaign aide's family, according to federal reports.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- In 2nd state of state, Hassan says drug abuse fight not over Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With her Statehouse term winding down and her U.S. Senate campaign beginning, Gov. Maggie Hassan used her final State of the State address Thursday to argue that fighting the opioid crisis, reauthorizing Medicaid expansion and investing in workforce development are equally important to New Hampshire's economic success.
- Sestak reports $2.6M in cash heading into US Senate primary Updated: Feb-04-16 2:39 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Democrat Joe Sestak is heading into the final months of his U.S. Senate primary campaign with $2.6 million in the bank after raising $374,000 in the last three months of 2015.
- Rand Paul runs for president, has to settle for a caucus Updated: Feb-04-16 5:27 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Rand Paul ran for president, and all he got was a caucus.
- Harris pads fundraising edge in California Senate race Updated: Feb-03-16 9:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris is gradually padding her fundraising edge in the state's U.S. Senate race.
- Elections committee backs bill limiting local photo IDs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Senate elections committee backed a bill Wednesday that would hinder efforts in Milwaukee to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally.
- Nevada's Senate hopefuls raise similar amounts last quarter Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The contenders for Harry Reid's seat in the U.S. Senate said they raised similar amounts in the last three months of 2015, although the Republican candidate has more in the bank.
- Special election called after Maine senator resigns Updated: Feb-02-16 4:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A special election will be held March 29 to fill the seat vacated by Sen. David Dutremble.
- Cummings won't run for Senate, will seek House re-election Updated: Feb-02-16 11:18 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings said Tuesday he won't run for Senate and will seek re-election to a 12th term in the House.
- Cummings won't run for Senate, will seek House re-election Updated: Feb-02-16 11:01 am
BALTIMORE - U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings says he won't run for Senate, but will seek re-election to his House seat.
- Campaign cash: Toomey with edge, AG hopefuls accumulate cash Updated: Feb-01-16 9:41 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Campaign finance reports for fundraising and spending activity through Dec. 31 were due Monday for candidates for state and federal office. The reports are not always available from the campaigns or state and federal election bureaus before the deadline. Here is a look at the information available so far in some of the state's most contested races leading up to the April 26 primary election.
- Boozman raises $652K in final months of 2015 for Senate race Updated: Feb-01-16 7:54 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Sen. John Boozman reported raising more than $652,000 in the final three months of last year, bringing in more than double the amount by his Democratic challenger.
- High stakes in race to replace convicted Long Island senator Updated: Feb-01-16 5:47 pm
ALBANY, New York - With control of the New York Senate possibly up for grabs, Democrats and Republicans promised to aggressively campaign for the Long Island seat vacated when ex-Senate Leader Dean Skelos was convicted of federal corruption charges.
- Florida Democrats have clear choice in race to replace Rubio Updated: Jan-28-16 11:28 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Democrats must decide whether their best shot at winning the Senate seat now held by Marco Rubio is a liberal firebrand who has said the GOP health plan was to hope people die quickly, or a moderate Democrat who often votes with Republicans.
- Reno lawyer jumps into competitive Nevada state Senate race Updated: Jan-25-16 7:36 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno lawyer has jumped into a competitive race for a northern Nevada Senate seat being vacated by Republican Greg Brower.
- Strickland takes US Senate bid against Portman to NE Ohio Updated: Jan-25-16 5:21 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland made the case Monday that his positions on labor, education and economic issues differ starkly with Republican incumbent Rob Portman's and are a better fit for average Ohioans.
- Senate hopeful launches 'African Americans for Cortez Masto' Updated: Jan-25-16 5:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A group of African-American state lawmakers, community group leaders and pastors are signing on to promote Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto's Senate campaign in the black community.