- Donald Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed Updated: Oct-09-15 7:43 am
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Thursday that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed for leaving his post in Afghanistan.
- House election: Republicans challenge McCarthy for speaker Updated: Oct-08-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy is the front-runner in the race to become the next speaker, but he faces two Republican opponents who are trying to draw some of his support.
- State Sen. McCarter challenging Shimkus in US House primary Updated: Oct-07-15 4:19 pm
DANVILLE, Illinois - State Sen. Kyle McCarter says he'll challenge 10-term U.S. Rep. John Shimkus's re-election bid in the Republican primary in Illinois' 15th Congressional District.
- 3rd Republican joins hunt for Minnesota congressional seat Updated: Oct-07-15 12:56 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A former Republican legislator is running for a Minnesota congressional seat long held by her party that is deemed competitive amid the incumbent's retirement.
- Former US Rep. Don Edwards, champion of civil rights, dies Updated: Oct-02-15 4:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Former U.S. Rep. Don Edwards of California, a longtime champion of civil rights and the environment during his three decades in Washington, has died at the age of 100.
- Wichita lawyer Giroux announces challenge to US Rep. Pompeo Updated: Oct-02-15 11:28 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Democratic Wichita attorney who once served as an assistant prosecutor said he will try to unseat Republican Congressman Mike Pompeo next year.
- Comer, Pape to vie for retiring Rep. Whitfield's seat Updated: Sep-30-15 5:22 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A longtime aide to U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield and the second-place finisher in Kentucky's Republican primary for governor both say they want to replace the retiring 11-term congressman in next year's election.
- Koochiching County commissioner wins House primary Updated: Sep-30-15 7:15 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A county commissioner has won a special election primary for a House seat to represent Minnesota's largest district.
- Stam, No. 2 House leader, won't seek re-election Updated: Sep-30-15 5:45 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The second highest-ranking leader in the North Carolina House said Wednesday he won't seek re-election to his legislative seat next year.
- Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger not running for US Senate Updated: Sep-29-15 5:33 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger said Tuesday he will run for re-election to his House seat in 2016, instead of running for the Senate seat that will open up when Sen. Barbara Mikulski retires next year.
- GOP US Rep. Ed Whitfield will not seek re-election Updated: Sep-29-15 3:37 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield says he will not seek a 12th term.
- GE plans to stop making engines in Waukesha, cut 350 jobs Updated: Sep-28-15 3:24 pm
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - GE Power & Water plans to stop manufacturing gas engines in Waukesha and move the work to Canada, meaning the loss of 350 jobs in Waukesha.
- John Boehner, behind the tears Updated: Sep-25-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The "regular guy with a big job" has seemed at the center of palace intrigue forever, a man to shake things up in the old days, to be plotted against on and off ever since.
- Boehner exit shocks to Minnesota congressional allies Updated: Sep-25-15 12:16 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota Republican who was long aligned with departing House Speaker John Boehner says he's shocked and saddened by his decision to leave Congress.
- Mills prepares for round 2 against Nolan for Congress seat Updated: Sep-23-15 6:04 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A GOP challenger is preparing for a second crack at U.S. Rep Rick Nolan.
- GOP state Rep. Drazkowski decides against run for Congress Updated: Sep-21-15 5:49 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Republican state Rep. Steve Drazkowski has decided against running for what will be an open congressional seat in Minnesota.
- Oklahoma House member says he will not seek re-election Updated: Sep-21-15 1:53 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A three-term Democratic state representative says he will not seek re-election to his southeastern Oklahoma seat next year.
- Missouri governor's race to determine fate of right to work Updated: Sep-19-15 1:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Voters next year will pick more than a new governor - the election likely will either ensure Missouri becomes the 26th right-to-work state or remains a holdout in the national push for the measure despite being surrounded mostly by states that have adopted it.
- New Oklahoma state representative sworn into office Updated: Sep-16-15 6:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's newest state representative has been sworn into office.
- Democrats retain state House seat in special election Updated: Sep-15-15 6:37 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Delaware Democrats have kept a state house seat after a special election.
- Branstad schedules special election to fill House seat Updated: Sep-15-15 5:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has scheduled a special election to fill the House District 5 seat left open by the resignation of Chuck Soderberg.
- Mary Pawlenty decides against run for Congress in Minnesota Updated: Sep-15-15 2:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Mary Pawlenty has ruled out a run for what will be an open congressional seat in Minnesota.
- McFadden opts against run for Kline's seat in Congress Updated: Sep-14-15 7:32 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Former U.S. Senate candidate Mike McFadden says he won't run for Congress.
- Baltimore pastor announces bid for Congress Updated: Sep-14-15 3:31 pm
BALTIMORE - A pastor who was highly visible during the unrest in Baltimore after Freddie Gray's death says he's running for Congress.
- Democrats tap candidate for Maine House special election Updated: Sep-14-15 1:18 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's Democratic party will run Lynn Olson of Standish in a November special election to fill a seat in the state House of Representatives.