- Isakson, other Georgia GOP incumbents head to November Updated: May-24-16 11:59 pm
ATLANTA - Every Georgia Republican member of Congress easily defeated primary challengers Tuesday, including U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, who crushed two long-shot challengers to earn a bid for a third term. Jim Barksdale, the Democrat favored by top party members, meanwhile, averted a July runoff in his first political campaign.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Actress Melissa Gilbert drops run for Congress in Michigan Updated: May-24-16 9:26 pm
HOWELL, Michigan - Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert is dropping her run for Congress in Michigan.
- House GOP gives election-year airing to IRS gripes Updated: May-24-16 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans gave an election-year airing to their complaints about IRS chief John Koskinen Tuesday, telling a GOP-run House committee that he should be impeached for lying to lawmakers and destroying evidence.
- Green Party Congress candidate knocked off November ballot Updated: May-24-16 2:33 pm
CINCINNATI - A Green Party candidate vying to fill Republican former U.S. House Speaker John Boehner's unexpired congressional term in a special election next month won't be eligible to run under the Green Party banner in November for the full two-year term, an elections official said Tuesday.
- Veteran Springfield state Rep. Benjamin Swan to retire Updated: May-24-16 12:12 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A long-time state legislator from Springfield is calling it quits - but there's a chance his seat could remain in the family.
- GOP nominee to succeed Boehner in Ohio: Time to see results Updated: May-23-16 9:01 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - The Republican nominee to succeed former U.S. House Speaker John Boehner in his district said Monday he'll be a voice for the district in Washington and will push to get action on issues on which little has happened, such as the nation's budget.
- The Latest: Republican says time for action on budget Updated: May-23-16 8:15 pm
HAMILTON, Ohio - The Latest on the candidate forum for the special election to fill the U.S. House seat vacated by Republican John Boehner (all times local):
- Wyoming candidates united for coal, against EPA Updated: May-22-16 2:55 pm
JACKSON HOLE, Wyoming - Several Republican candidates vying to fill Wyoming's sole seat in the U.S. House of Representatives are united against the Environmental Protection Agency's plans for coal.
- US Rep. Mark Takai will not seek re-election due to cancer Updated: May-20-16 1:51 am
HONOLULU - U.S. Rep. Mark Takai has announced he will not seek a second term in Congress due to health problems.
- Brannon, US Reps. Holding and Ellmers debate for GOP primary Updated: May-19-16 8:48 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two U.S. House members with their political futures on the line debated Thursday one of the core issues in their upcoming Republican primary - who deserves to be called a true conservative.
- The Latest: GOP debate in NC takes on being conservative Updated: May-19-16 8:13 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on a debate Thursday between Republicans seeking their party's nomination for the U.S. House seat in the 2nd Congressional District (all times local):
- Didier to challenge Newhouse for Congress again Updated: May-19-16 4:30 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - A former professional football player has filed to run for the U.S. House in Washington's 4th Congressional District for a second time.
- Moeller to run for Congress instead of Lt. Gov. Updated: May-19-16 1:17 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - A Washington state representative is planning to run for U.S. House in the state's 3rd Congressional District after previously announcing a campaign for lieutenant governor.
- Special election runoff set for state House District 120 Updated: May-18-16 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has set a special election runoff for Aug. 2 to fill the vacant, San Antonio-based Texas House seat of state Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon.
- Federal Election Commission questions Rush campaign spending Updated: May-18-16 6:37 am
CHICAGO - The Federal Election Commission has questioned Chicago Democratic U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush's campaign about a campaign-finance report that showed thousands of dollars spent on vague categories.
- The Latest: Clinton declares victory in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 11:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the Kentucky primary election in which voters are casting ballots on a slate of local, state and federal races including the Democratic presidential primary (all times local):
- 2 longtime lawmakers unseated in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 10:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Longtime state lawmakers Tom Riner and Ron Crimm were unseated by primary election challengers Tuesday as Democrats and Republicans set their slates for the next round of their political slugfest for control of the Kentucky House of Representatives.
- Comer wins GOP nomination in Ky's 1st Congressional District Updated: May-17-16 9:42 pm
TOMPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - After losing the Republican nomination for governor by 83 votes last year, James Comer went home. On Tuesday, his neighbors sent him back to politics.
- GOP lawyer says Eaton election lawsuit should be dismissed Updated: May-17-16 7:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawyers for Republican leaders of the Mississippi House of Representatives say a lawsuit seeking to reinstate a Democratic representative should be dismissed.
- Ex-legislator wants recount in Democratic congressional race Updated: May-17-16 4:08 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A former state legislator is seeking a recount in the Democratic primary for a southwestern Indiana congressional seat.
- Connecticut House Speaker says he won't seek re-election Updated: May-16-16 7:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democrat House Speaker Brendan Sharkey said Monday he will not seek re-election to his seat representing Hamden in the House of Representatives and therefore won't seek a third term as speaker.
- Huelskamp's dissertation used against him in re-election bid Updated: May-16-16 1:46 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp's dissertation on congressional agriculture committees from 1995 is being used against him as he seeks re-election.
- Democratic Rep. Franks seeks county job over re-election Updated: May-15-16 3:30 pm
CHICAGO - Outspoken Democratic state Rep. Jack Franks said Sunday that he will run for McHenry County board chairman instead of seeking re-election for the Illinois House where he's served since 1999, a decision fueled by the state's unprecedented budget impasse.
- Nielsen didn't get House leader's endorsement despite claim Updated: May-13-16 3:18 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Rep. Pete Nielsen says he didn't have House Speaker Scott Bedke's endorsement, despite running ads in several weekly papers claiming the House leader supported Nielsen's run for re-election.