- Black Lives Matter organizer launching legislative campaign Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A leader of St. Paul's Black Lives Matter's chapter says he's running for the State Legislature.
- Congressional hopeful rejected by GOP in '14 running again Updated: Nov-24-15 2:56 pm
NILES, Illinois - A suburban Chicago woman whom GOP officials unsuccessfully tried to toss from their 2014 primary ballot after she linked same-sex marriage and abortions to autism, dementia and tornadoes is running for Congress again.
- Tullos challenges way votes were counted in tied House race Updated: Nov-23-15 7:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Even after two Mississippi legislative candidates drew straws to break a tied election, the state House of Representatives will have final say over who will serve the next four years.
- House Dean Rep. Conyers announces re-election campaign Updated: Nov-23-15 3:36 pm
DETROIT - Michigan Rep. John Conyers declared his candidacy for a 27th consecutive term in Congress on Monday, saying he wants to continue pressing for employment opportunities and universal health care coverage.
- By luck of the 'straw', Democrat wins Mississippi House race Updated: Nov-20-15 5:09 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republicans drew the short straw Friday in Mississippi. Seriously.
- The Latest: Democrat picks green straw, wins tie election Updated: Nov-20-15 3:43 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on a Mississippi state House election that was decided by drawing straws (all times local):
- Tied House election to be decided by a long green straw Updated: Nov-18-15 9:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A drawing of straws could decide the winner of a tied legislative race in Mississippi, and the outcome will determine whether Republicans reach a supermajority in the state House of Representatives.
- Democrat announces plans to challenge Rob Bishop next year Updated: Nov-18-15 10:57 am
OGDEN, Utah - An Ogden doctor says he will once again try to challenge U.S. Rep. Rob Bishop in the race for Utah's 1st Congressional District.
- Casperson announces run for Congress in northern Michigan Updated: Nov-09-15 5:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican state Sen. Tom Casperson announced Monday that he's running to succeed retiring U.S. Rep. Dan Benishek in Michigan's 1st Congressional District, a competitive seat that the GOP is hoping to retain in 2016.
- The Latest: Attorney files to run for Supreme Court post Updated: Nov-09-15 5:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the end of the one-week filing period for the 2016 election in Arkansas (all times local):
- Virginia Democrats add 1 seat in the GOP-controlled House Updated: Nov-05-15 3:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democrats have picked up one seat in the Republican-controlled House of Delegates.
- Denise Juneau launches campaign for Montana's US House seat Updated: Nov-04-15 5:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - The first female Native American elected to a statewide office in Montana is setting her sights on Congress.
- US Rep. French Hill files for re-election in Arkansas Updated: Nov-04-15 5:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Rep. French Hill has filed for re-election to a congressional seat from central Arkansas' 2nd District.
- Republican victories leave Kentucky Democrats reeling Updated: Nov-04-15 6:06 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Just two years ago, Kentucky Democrats boasted a deep bench of three young stars who aligned to prove the party could still win in the conservative South with a message focused on the economy and jobs instead of abortion and gay marriage.
- Democrats gain seat in Missouri House special elections Updated: Nov-03-15 11:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Democrats have gained a seat in the Missouri House as a result of special elections held to fill several vacancies.
- CAPITOL HILL BUZZ: House in session 111 days next year Updated: Nov-03-15 3:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Good news for members of Congress who want to really, really, really listen to their constituents (or run really, really, really hard for re-election): The House plans to be out of session far more weekdays than it actually meets next year.
- School levies, local offices before voters Updated: Nov-03-15 10:15 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - All politics were local on an Election Day in Minnesota without any statewide races.
- Assemblywoman Michele Fiore mulls House bid, files paperwork Updated: Nov-02-15 6:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Assemblywoman Michele Fiore has filed initial paperwork to seek a southern Nevada congressional seat, although she says she's still not sure she'll jump in the race that already includes four other Republican contenders.
- Former US Rep. Gus Savage of Chicago dies at age 90 Updated: Oct-31-15 10:13 pm
CHICAGO - Gus Savage, a civil rights activist and journalist who represented a South Side Chicago district for 12 years in the U.S. House, died on Saturday, a day after celebrating his 90th birthday.