- Special elections in central and southeast Pennsylvania Updated: Aug-04-15 3:05 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - It's election day in parts of south-central and southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Fattah vows re-election bid despite racketeering indictment Updated: Aug-03-15 2:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep Chaka Fattah is vowing to run for re-election next year despite a federal racketeering indictment and says he expects to resume his leadership position on a powerful congressional committee by year's end.
- Bangor City Councilor Baldacci announces congressional run Updated: Jul-30-15 11:59 am
BANGOR, Maine - Bangor City Councilor Joe Baldacci, the brother of former Gov. John Baldacci, has filed papers to run for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. House of Representatives in Maine's 2nd District.
- Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton won't run for Congress Updated: Jul-30-15 11:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois state Sen. Tom Cullerton says he's decided not to run for Congress to replace Democratic U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth.
- Reid vows Democratic candidate in Nevada congressional race Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says there's "not a chance" he'll leave Nevada's 3rd Congressional District race without a Democratic candidate.
- Nixon sets special election to fill Missouri House vacancies Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Special elections have been scheduled to replace three Missouri lawmakers who resigned.
- Florida congressional delegation will see upheaval in 2016 Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential ambitions and a court ruling tossing out several congressional district maps will cause upheaval among Florida's representation in Washington, including political complications for a congresswoman considered one of the state's few Democratic stars.
- Former Rep. Anthony Weiner has new job as PR consultant Updated: Jul-23-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - Scandal-tarred former congressman Anthony Weiner has a new job as a part-time public relations consultant.
- Former Secretary of State Ross Miller won't run for Congress Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller says he won't run for the congressional seat being vacated by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Clive Democrat announces for 3rd Congressional District seat Updated: Jul-21-15 7:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Clive resident has become the first Democrat to announce that he'll try to unseat incumbent Republican David Young in Iowa's 3rd Congressional District.
- President of conservative Nevada think tank joins House race Updated: Jul-21-15 12:35 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The president of the conservative Nevada Policy Research Institute has resigned his post to become the fourth Republican seeking the state's 3rd Congressional District seat.
- Indiana attorney general poised to enter congressional race Updated: Jul-17-15 4:25 pm
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - State Attorney General Greg Zoeller is poised to join two Republican state senators in the race for the Indiana congressional seat that GOP Rep. Todd Young is giving up to run for the U.S. Senate next year.
- Rep. Mia Love outraises Utah's other delegates to US House Updated: Jul-17-15 2:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Rep. Mia Love collected $515,000 in campaign checks over the past three months, outraising her Utah colleagues in the House of Representatives.
- Guinta's fundraising drops after campaign financing troubles Updated: Jul-16-15 4:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Frank Guinta has seen a significant decline in individual campaign donations since the Federal Election Commission concluded that he accepted $355,000 in illegal campaign donations from his parents.
- Lee leads Democratic rivals for Congress in fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Political newcomer Susie Lee has an early fundraising lead in the four-way Democratic primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Tulsa artist becomes newest member of Oklahoma House Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An artist and Democratic political activist from Tulsa is the newest member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
- State senator announces bid for Indiana congressional seat Updated: Jul-15-15 11:54 am
SALEM, Indiana - A first-term state senator says she'll be a candidate for the southern Indiana congressional seat that Republican Rep. Todd Young is giving up to run for the U.S. Senate next year.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Republican Danny Tarkanian has announced he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Mitchell runs for House seat opening with Miller retirement Updated: Jul-13-15 12:06 pm
DRYDEN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Michigan businessman who spent about $3.5 million of his own money in a failed congressional bid last year is running to fill a seat opening with Rep. Candice Miller's decision not to seek re-election.
- Former Assembly Speaker John Oceguera running for Congress Updated: Jul-09-15 5:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democrat John Oceguera, who previously held the highest post in the Nevada Assembly, announced Thursday that he'll join a crowded race for the state's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Republican State Sen. Michael Roberson running for Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 7:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada state Sen. Michael Roberson announced Wednesday that he'll run for the southern Nevada congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Democratic state Sen. Aaron Ford won't seek seat in Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 1:26 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic state Sen. Aaron Ford says he won't be challenging his Republican legislative counterpart for a seat in Congress.
- Tech consultant plans to challenge Duffy in Wisconsin 7th Updated: Jul-07-15 9:47 pm
WOODRUFF, Wisconsin - A consultant to technology companies plans to run against Republican U.S. Rep. Sean Duffy in northern and central Wisconsin's 7th District next year.
- Voters go to polls for primary in race for Schock's seat Updated: Jul-07-15 2:50 pm
SHERMAN, Illinois - Central Illinois voters are out for a mid-summer primary election to decide who will meet to replace ex-U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock.