- Minnesota's Kline says he won't seek re-election Updated: Sep-03-15 11:44 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Republican U.S. Rep. John Kline says he won't seek re-election next year.
- Reid endorses Kihuen in 4-way Democratic House primary Updated: Sep-03-15 11:09 am
LAS VEGAS - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says he's endorsing Nevada state Sen. Ruben Kihuen (KEE'-win) in his bid for Congress.
- N. Carolina weighing single March 2016 primary for all races Updated: Sep-02-15 4:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators are considering whether to move all primary elections next year to March, not just the presidential primaries, key House and Senate leaders said Wednesday.
- Tea party activist enters Indiana congressional race Updated: Sep-02-15 3:07 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A tea party activist is joining the field of Republican candidates for the southern Indiana congressional seat that GOP Rep. Todd Young is giving up.
- Candidates looking to replace Schock meet for another debate Updated: Aug-27-15 11:08 pm
WASHINGTON, Illinois - The two candidates seeking Illinois' 18th Congressional District seat vacated by Aaron Schock for the most part reiterated their positions on the economy Thursday during a second debate in as many days.
- Former Little Rock school board member running for US House Updated: Aug-26-15 6:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former member of the Little Rock School Board said Wednesday she's running for a U.S. House seat in central Arkansas, the first Democrat to launch a congressional bid in the state for 2016.
- Knute Buehler says he won't run for Oregon governor Updated: Aug-25-15 1:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - State Rep. Knute Buehler says he won't run for Oregon governor.
- Dayton calls December special election to fill House seat Updated: Aug-24-15 1:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton is calling a special election to fill an open seat in the House triggered by a veteran Democrat's death after a short battle with cancer.
- House Public Policy Chair Dermony won't seek re-election Updated: Aug-21-15 2:25 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A high-ranking Republican member of the Indiana House says he won't seek re-election to a sixth term next year.
- Candidate challenges one-vote loss in House race Updated: Aug-21-15 6:01 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - A one-vote loss in the House District 121 primary has a Democratic candidate challenging the election.
- Democrat Nightenhelser seeking 3rd District House seat Updated: Aug-20-15 4:49 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Huntington businessman says he's running for Congress in northeastern Indiana's Third District.
- Report: Ex-Michigan delegation members sit on campaign cash Updated: Aug-19-15 7:32 am
DETROIT - A published report says former members of Michigan's congressional delegation are sitting on more than $3.5 million in surplus campaign cash.
- Ex-Democrat Gill running as independent in 13th District Updated: Aug-18-15 2:51 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - A former Democratic nominee in central Illinois's 13th Congressional District has announced an independent bid for the seat.
- 2014 Democratic nominee Yoder running again in 9th District Updated: Aug-17-15 12:24 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Monroe County Council member Shelli Yoder is running again for southern Indiana's 9th District congressional seat.
- How Donald Trump was present at the TV Critics meetings Updated: Aug-14-15 9:37 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - As a TV star turned presidential hopeful, billionaire developer Donald Trump was a regular topic of discussion at the just-concluded Television Critics Association gathering. NBC also took the opportunity to officially fire him from "The Celebrity Apprentice" after cutting ties with him earlier this summer when the network refused to air the Miss USA pageant because of Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants.
- 6 unions endorse Democrat Ruben Kihuen in crowded House race Updated: Aug-13-15 1:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Six labor unions are endorsing Democratic Nevada state Sen. Ruben Kihuen in the crowded race for Rep. Cresent Hardy's congressional seat.
- Correction: House-Special Election story Updated: Aug-13-15 11:26 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - In a story Aug. 12 about a special election for a House seat in Knox County, The Associated Press reported erroneously the impact of Karen Carson's defeat on the governor's proposal to extend health coverage to low-income residents. Her defeat means Republicans facing re-election are less likely to support the plan, not likely to support it.
- Paul Clements plans to run again for Congress in 2016 Updated: Aug-12-15 7:09 am
KALAMZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University political science professor Paul Clements says he plans to run again for Congress in 2016.
- Democrats win 3 vacancies in Pennsylvania House Updated: Aug-11-15 11:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Three Philadelphia Democrats have won state House seats in special elections.
- Congressman says FBI questioned him about real estate firm Updated: Aug-11-15 6:53 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger said Tuesday that the FBI asked questions several months ago about a real estate company he founded.
- Democratic attorney announces bid for Rep. Joe Heck's seat Updated: Aug-10-15 9:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic attorney Jesse Sbaih has announced he'll run for the congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Actress Melissa Gilbert to run for Congress in Michigan Updated: Aug-10-15 6:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert announced her candidacy for a Michigan congressional seat on Monday, saying "fresh voices" are needed to help improve the economy for people who have fallen behind.