- AP Exclusive: Clinton server's software had hacking risk Updated: Oct-13-15 8:51 am
WASHINGTON - The private email server running in Hillary Rodham Clinton's home basement when she was secretary of state was connected to the Internet in ways that made it more vulnerable to hackers, according to data and documents reviewed by The Associated Press.
- Clinton, Sanders rivalry in spotlight as Democrats debate Updated: Oct-13-15 3:48 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton says she always expected tough competition in the Democratic presidential primary. It's likely she didn't expect it would come from Bernie Sanders, the rumpled independent senator from Vermont and a self-described democratic socialist calling for "political revolution."
- Bush offers plan to repeal, replace federal health care law Updated: Oct-12-15 7:33 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush on Monday proposed repealing and replacing President Barack Obama's health care law with one that would increase tax credits for individuals, allowing them to buy coverage protection against "high-cost medical events."
- Hillary Clinton to visit with union, hold rally post-debate Updated: Oct-12-15 6:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Clinton is planning campaign stops at a union training center and the Springs Preserve after Tuesday's Democratic presidential debate in Las Vegas.
- Ellison throws weight behind Bernie Sanders Updated: Oct-12-15 4:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota congressman has endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
- Clinton has edge in Nevada, site of Dems' first debate Updated: Oct-12-15 11:09 am
LAS VEGAS - When the Democratic candidates for president take the stage for their first debate this week in Nevada, they'll do so in a state that serves as a reminder of why Hillary Rodham Clinton is the front-runner for the nomination.
- Ben Carson's gun comments highlight free-wheeling style Updated: Oct-12-15 3:53 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Ben Carson suggested last week the Holocaust wouldn't have happened if Jews in Europe were better armed. He argued that gun control is a bigger tragedy than a bullet-riddled body. He said the best way to confront a mass shooter is to rush the gunman.
- AP Exclusive: Panama condo owners to Trump: You're fired! Updated: Oct-12-15 3:21 am
PANAMA CITY - The directors of a massive Trump-branded luxury condominium development in Panama fired Donald Trump's company in the summer over allegations of mismanagement, overspending and undisclosed bonuses executives paid themselves, according to an Associated Press examination.
- Sanders stresses gun control, calls for assault weapon ban Updated: Oct-10-15 7:51 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders on Saturday called for an assault weapons ban in his second straight day of talking about an issue - guns - where he has sometimes deviated from the Democratic Party's consensus.
- Perry hearing before top Texas appeals court delayed 2 weeks Updated: Oct-09-15 4:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' highest criminal court is delaying for two weeks its hearing on whether former Gov. Rick Perry should be prosecuted on felony abuse-of-power charges.
- Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley to headline Southern forum Updated: Oct-09-15 12:25 pm
ATLANTA - Three Democratic presidential candidates are scheduled to attend a Nov. 6 forum in South Carolina.
- Sanders' debate mantra: Let Bernie be Bernie Updated: Oct-09-15 3:35 am
WASHINGTON - Forget about image consultants and mock stages. Bernie Sanders and his campaign team have a relatively simple plan for his first major debate: "Let Bernie be Bernie."
- AP source: Rubio raises $6M over last 3 months Updated: Oct-08-15 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio has raised roughly $6 million over the last three months for his Republican presidential bid.
- Carson says armed Jews would have 'diminished' Holocaust Updated: Oct-08-15 7:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson suggests the Holocaust would have been "greatly diminished" if German Jews had been armed with guns.
- Clinton seeks crackdown for those breaking Wall Street rules Updated: Oct-08-15 4:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Just days before the first Democratic debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton released a series of proposals aimed at cracking down on bad behavior by Wall Street, vowing that individual bankers who violate the law will be "prosecuted and imprisoned."
- Trade deal, Keystone open Clinton to flip-flop charges Updated: Oct-08-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Martin O'Malley was blunt when he learned Hillary Rodham Clinton had announced her opposition to a Pacific Rim trade deal. "Wow, that's a reversal," he told reporters minutes after Clinton announced her shift.
- Rupert Murdoch suggests Obama isn't 'real black president' Updated: Oct-08-15 1:10 am
WASHINGTON - The founder of the global News Corp. media empire, Rupert Murdoch, is suggesting that President Barack Obama isn't a "real black president."
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise Updated: Oct-07-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama seemed to call Hillary Rodham Clinton's idea of a no-fly zone in Syria "half-baked."
- Bernie Sanders campaign hires a Nevada state director Updated: Oct-06-15 7:50 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is starting to build a formal campaign team in Nevada.
- Rubio criticizes government regulation of on-demand economy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio vowed Tuesday to cap the number of regulations government can impose on businesses, particularly "on-demand" startups like Uber and Airbnb that he considers models for a changing national economy.
- Nevada lawmaker Jim Wheeler backs Cruz after Walker dropout Updated: Oct-06-15 12:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is picking up an endorsement from a former member of Scott Walker's Nevada campaign team.
- Clinton ad seizes on Rep. McCarthy's Benghazi comments Updated: Oct-06-15 10:14 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is running a new ad that seizes on House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's admission that the Benghazi committee can take credit for her diminished public standing.
- Clinton's Minnesota "leadership council" nets big-name help Updated: Oct-05-15 10:32 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Both of Minnesota's U.S. senators as well as Gov. Mark Dayton have signed on to a state "leadership council" for Hillary Clinton's campaign for president.
- Donald Trump holding campaign rally in Las Vegas next week Updated: Oct-02-15 5:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is heading to the Las Vegas Strip for a campaign rally.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.