- Sanders wants David to keep his job on 'Saturday Night Live' Updated: May-24-16 10:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders says comedian Larry David shouldn't worry about his role on NBC's "Saturday Night Live."
- Most House GOP women in tough races biding time on Trump Updated: May-23-16 1:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Before deciding if she'll vote for Donald Trump, Martha McSally says she'll spend time "determining what kind of man he is." Mia Love says some comments by the presumptive Republican presidential candidate need "some sort of explanation," while Renee Ellmers backs him because he's "a problem solver."
- Clinton email probe in late stage, FBI may question her Updated: May-23-16 12:14 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI agents probing whether Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server imperiled government secrets appear close to completing their work, a process experts say will probably culminate in a sit-down with the former secretary of state.
- Ex-Kasich adviser takes strategy job, keeps convention role Updated: May-22-16 10:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A long-time senior adviser to Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) has landed a job in the private sector.
- Illinois GOP calls for unity as some tiptoe around Trump Updated: May-21-16 5:36 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Illinois Republicans cheered calls for unity at the party's state convention on Saturday even as some top elected officials tiptoed around the name likely to top the GOP ticket: Donald Trump.
- New owner wants to make Trump's Taj Mahal casino great again Updated: May-20-16 1:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The name on the front still reads "Trump," but a different flamboyant billionaire now wants to make the Taj Mahal casino great again.
- Trump seeks to woo Wisconsin conservatives Updated: May-20-16 11:11 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Donald Trump is reaching out to some conservative critics who helped doom his hopes in Wisconsin, asking them to reconsider backing him this fall.
- Oregon high school students protest 'build a wall' banner Updated: May-19-16 5:02 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Hundreds of Oregon high school students walked out of class Thursday to protest a banner that made reference to Donald Trump's plan for a wall along the U.S. border with Mexico.
- Trump, Clinton speeches to highlight US divisions on guns Updated: May-19-16 4:57 pm
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will court voters on opposite sides of the gun debate over the next two days in events that will highlight the nation's deep divide on the topic.
- Home Depot slams its worker's 'America Was Never Great' cap Updated: May-19-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Home Depot says one of its New York City stores will take steps to ensure employees aren't promoting political messages at work after one wore a cap opposing a Donald Trump slogan.
- Trump's investments include companies he bashed Updated: May-19-16 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has invested in some of the companies that he uses as punching bags on the campaign trail, according to new financial documents he submitted to the U.S. government.
- Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Stras makes Trump's list Updated: May-18-16 6:26 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump's list of potential nominees to fill the U.S. Supreme Court seat of the late Justice Antonin Scalia includes Minnesota Supreme Court Associate Justice David Stras, a former law clerk for conservative Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Trump says his business flourishing since presidential run Updated: May-18-16 5:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has told the government that his myriad businesses have flourished with rising revenues since his improbable political success, according to financial documents released Wednesday.
- 'NCIS' farewell episode trumps Megyn Kelly's Trump interview Updated: May-18-16 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Megyn Kelly interviewing Donald Trump couldn't hold a candle to Michael Weatherly leaving "NCIS" Tuesday night.
- Ex-governor: More ugly women than attractive women in US Updated: May-18-16 1:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell says Donald Trump's past comments on women will likely come back to haunt him because Rendell says "there are probably more ugly women in America than attractive women."
- Obit: Woman chose death over picking between Trump, Clinton Updated: May-18-16 11:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia woman's obituary says she chose death over voting in the upcoming presidential election.
- Ivanka Trump: My father is 'not a groper' Updated: May-18-16 11:08 am
NEW YORK - Ivanka Trump is defending her father Donald against charges that he mistreats women, insisting that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is "not a groper."
- Senate approves new Army secretary after Guantanamo delay Updated: May-17-16 8:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate confirmed the long-stalled nomination of Eric Fanning to be Army secretary, making him the first openly gay leader of a U.S. military service.
- Clinton: People should stop listening to GOP "propaganda" Updated: May-17-16 3:12 am
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - Hillary Clinton says it's "time people stopped listening to Republican propaganda."
- Brothers plead guilty to beating homeless immigrant Updated: May-16-16 10:53 pm
BOSTON - Two Boston brothers who claimed to be inspired in part by Donald Trump's views on immigrants were sentenced to state prison after admitting they beat a homeless Mexican man because they thought he was an illegal immigrant, authorities said.
- 'Hamilton' star Miranda says 'immigrants get the job done' Updated: May-16-16 5:00 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The creator of the hit Broadway musical "Hamilton" says it's a needed reminder during a heated political season that "immigrants get the job done."
- Security prompts rushed end to Nevada Democrats' convention Updated: May-15-16 8:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Organizers of the Nevada State Democratic Convention said they had to rush to wrap up the "unruly and unpredictable" event on Saturday after security became an issue and objects, including chairs, were being thrown.
- Trump denies he posed as his spokesman during tabloid days Updated: May-13-16 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Back when Donald Trump's love life was tabloid heaven, a Trump spokesman with intimate knowledge of the businessman's personal relationships offered juicy stories about a failing marriage, a new live-in paramour and three other girlfriends he was juggling at once.
- Judge tosses Sanders backers' suit against Nevada Democrats Updated: May-13-16 5:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas judge has dismissed a lawsuit from Bernie Sanders supporters that accused the Nevada State Democratic Party of blocking them from running for party office.
- Christie to plan early days of possible Trump White House Updated: May-11-16 5:58 pm
WEST TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says as chairman of fellow Republican Donald Trump's White House transition team he will be in charge of assembling a team of people to plan for the first 200 days of the administration and filling 4,000 federal jobs.