- Rubio: Obama administration continues to make US less safe Updated: Nov-25-15 3:12 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio said in South Carolina on Wednesday that the Obama administration is making the United States less safe instead of more secure.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- GOP's Carly Fiorina coming to Reno after Las Vegas debate Updated: Nov-24-15 2:30 pm
RENO, Nevada - Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is headed to Reno after the Republican debate in Las Vegas next month.
- Clinton, Sanders oppose Pfizer-Allergan deal Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are bashing plans by Pfizer and Allergan to join together in a $160 billion deal that will create the world's largest drugmaker.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Republican candidate Ben Carson headed back to Nevada Updated: Nov-20-15 5:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential front runner Ben Carson is returning to southern Nevada on Monday.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims 100M people looking for work Updated: Nov-20-15 7:07 am
NEWTON, Iowa - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump often argues the number of people looking for work in the U.S. far surpasses government figures, something he says helps fuel the discontent that drives thousands of people to his rallies.
- Bush and Clinton seek to grab leadership mantle after Paris Updated: Nov-20-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign that has suddenly shifted in focus to terrorism and security, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush both see opportunities to cast themselves as best prepared to be commander in chief in tumultuous times.
- Sanders: 'Democratic socialism' means security, freedom Updated: Nov-19-15 4:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Thursday that economic security is essential to Americans achieving true freedom, a central tenant in his political philosophy of "democratic socialism."
- GOP candidate Carson cites common sense on foreign policy Updated: Nov-19-15 9:32 am
CINCINNATI - Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson is trying to brush aside questions about his readiness to deal with foreign policy issues, saying he has overseas experience and common sense.
- Clinton, Sanders to address strategy to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-19-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are outlining the steps on Thursday they would take to combat the Islamic State group, each making major speeches less than a week after the deadly attacks in Paris.
- Timeline of key dates in Cuba-US relations Updated: Nov-19-15 3:30 am
Key events in U.S.-Cuba relations:
- Rubio says Cruz hurt US intelligence programs with stance Updated: Nov-18-15 7:48 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says his rival Ted Cruz worked with Democrats to harm U.S. intelligence programs by restricting the federal government's bulk phone records collection program.
- Bush calls for US ground forces to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-18-15 2:42 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush on Wednesday called for the U.S. to send more troops to the Middle East to fight the Islamic State.
- Adviser: Carson struggling with details on foreign policy Updated: Nov-18-15 10:46 am
Some advisers to Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson say he is struggling to grasp the complexities of foreign policy, his closest confidant said Tuesday, acknowledging their frustration while adding the political newcomer is making progress.
- Bill Clinton to speak, receive award at Michigan State Updated: Nov-18-15 5:30 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Former President Bill Clinton is visiting Michigan State University to deliver a speech at an event on public service.
- GOP group's debate ad criticizes Cortez Masto over Iran Updated: Nov-10-15 6:30 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Republican group plans to run a commercial during Tuesday's presidential debate criticizing Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto for her position on Iran.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush plans town hall in Grand Rapids Updated: Nov-10-15 5:27 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is planning a town hall meeting during his visit to Grand Rapids this week.
- Bush says he'd kill 'baby Hitler' if he could travel in time Updated: Nov-09-15 6:36 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he'd kill the baby Adolf Hitler, if it were possible.
- Next GOP debate puts Fox Business moderators in spotlight Updated: Nov-09-15 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo, one of the moderators for Tuesday's Republican presidential debate, says that while she wants to help viewers understand the differences between candidates, she's not looking to start brawls.
- Rubio promises to re-shape education, rebuild military Updated: Nov-09-15 3:43 pm
PEWAUKEE, Wisconsin - Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio is telling Wisconsin supporters that he'll re-shape post-secondary education and rebuild the military.
- Trump's 'SNL' appearance wins viewers, not critics Updated: Nov-09-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - "Saturday Night Live" earned the expected ratings benefit of an episode hosted by Donald Trump but, given the protests and vicious panning the show received, NBC has to wonder if it was all worthwhile.