- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Semenya impressive again, Merritt also wins in Morocco Updated: May-22-16 3:47 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Caster Semenya set another world-leading time and again showed she will be one of the runners to watch at the Rio Olympics, leaving behind a strong field to easily win the 800 meters at the Diamond League meeting in Morocco on Sunday.
- Two Harbors man, Minot woman win 12th Fargo Marathon Updated: May-21-16 8:03 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The men's and women's winners of the 12th annual Fargo Marathon have crossed the finish line.
- Sports power couple: Eatons gearing up for Rio Olympics Updated: May-21-16 12:21 pm
Ashton Eaton crouched in the dirt and concentrated on conquering his latest rival - weeds overwhelming his backyard.
- Usain Bolt wins 100 at Golden Spike in 9.98 Updated: May-20-16 2:47 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt used his strong finish to win the 100 meters in 9.98 seconds at the Golden Spike meet on Friday.
- Rutherford to hold long jump competition in back yard Updated: May-20-16 8:05 am
WOBURN SANDS, England - Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford is planning to host an event in his backyard.
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Ethiopia's tough running coach Woldemeskel Kostre dies at 69 Updated: May-17-16 6:08 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Woldemeskel Kostre, the Ethiopian distance running coach who trained greats like Haile Gebrselassie and Kenenisa Bekele and was renowned for his strict disciplinarian approach, has died. He was 69.
- Gatlin wins 100m at Shanghai Diamond League Updated: May-14-16 10:48 am
SHANGHAI - American sprinter Justin Gatlin's preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics got off to a solid start with a commanding win in the 100 meters at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Saturday.
- Court upholds main convictions in marathon bombing scam Updated: May-13-16 11:44 am
BOSTON - The highest court in Massachusetts has upheld the main convictions of two brothers who tried to scam a compensation fund for Boston Marathon bombing victims out of $2 million.
- Russia, Kenya track teams may miss Rio after doping rulings Updated: May-12-16 7:31 pm
MONTREAL - Together, Russia and Kenya won 27 medals at the last Olympics in track and field. Their total at the next one could be zero.
- Marathon world-record holder Kimetto not going to Olympics Updated: May-10-16 2:14 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Marathon world-record holder Dennis Kimetto won't run at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics after making himself unavailable for Kenya's team.
- Alex Schwazer wins 50K walk on return from doping ban Updated: May-08-16 5:53 pm
ROME - Alex Schwazer made a triumphant return from a doping ban to win the 50-kilometer event at the world race walking team championships on Sunday.
- Gatlin coasts to win in 100 meters at Golden Grand Prix Updated: May-08-16 6:36 am
KAWASAKI, Japan - Justin Gatlin of the United States clocked 10.02 seconds to win the 100 meters at a Golden Grand Prix event on Sunday.
- Slain Navy SEAL took lessons from running track into combat Updated: May-04-16 7:04 pm
PHOENIX - In cross-country running, your team is only as fast as your slowest athlete. Slain Navy SEAL Charlie Keating IV took that to heart in his youth as a track star, turning around to cheer on his teammates after he crossed the finish line.
- McLeod blows past field to win 110 hurdles at Drake Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Omar McLeod started his outdoor season as dominant as he was in indoor competition, cruising past a talented field for yet another easy victory.
- Sanya Richards-Ross takes "victory lap" at Penn Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 4:52 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Sanya Richards-Ross called her final race at the Penn Relays her "victory lap." Anchoring the U.S. women's 1600 relay, the three-time Olympian and three-time gold medalist had a huge lead going into her leg, making her trot around Franklin Field in front of nearly 45,000 spectators giving her a standing ovation all the more special.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- 2-time Olympic high jumper paralyzed after backflip mishap Updated: Apr-28-16 7:25 pm
Two-time Olympic high jumper Jamie Nieto is steadily regaining sensation after a backflip gone wrong during a training session left him paralyzed.
- Two-time Olympic champion Felix Sanchez announces retirement Updated: Apr-26-16 8:16 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Two-time Olympic 400-meter hurdles gold medalist Felix Sanchez has announced his retirement at the age 38 and will not compete in the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro.