- Asafa Powell likes flying under radar to world championships Updated: Jul-02-15 12:12 pm
PARIS - Offered a glass of water in a sweltering Parisian heat wave, Asafa Powell shook his head, preferring the risk of thirst.
- Injured Usain Bolt pulls out of Diamond League meetings Updated: Jun-30-15 2:14 pm
PARIS - Slowed by an injured left leg, Usain Bolt withdrew Tuesday from this month's Diamond League meetings in Paris and Lausanne, dealing a blow to his title defense preparations for the world championships in August.
- Britain's anti-doping agency probes claims against Salazar Updated: Jun-30-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency is investigating claims that American long-distance running coach Alberto Salazar encouraged athletes at the Nike Oregon Project to skirt anti-doping rules.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- Gatlin & Co. ready to face Bolt at worlds Updated: Jun-29-15 4:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin is still blazing fast at 33 years old. Same with Tyson Gay at 32 and Wallace Spearmon at 30.
- Gatlin cruises to 200 title with top time ever at nationals Updated: Jun-29-15 3:12 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin just couldn't help himself. He pointed at the clock as he crossed the line, just to make sure no one missed his splendid time.
- Goucher lashes out at former coach Alberto Salazar Updated: Jun-28-15 5:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An upset Kara Goucher took exception at being called a liar by Alberto Salazar after her former coach went public to clear his name over doping allegations.
- Razorbacks named Academic All-Americans Updated: Jun-27-15 5:49 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Two University of Arkansas men's track and field athletes have been named to the Capital One Academic All-America team.
- In Jamaica, Asafa Powell wins final of men's 100m with 9.84 Updated: Jun-27-15 12:02 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Former world record-holder Asafa Powell won the 100-meter final Friday night in Jamaica's trials in 9.84 seconds.
- Farah staying with Salazar amid doping claims against coach Updated: Jun-26-15 11:33 am
LONDON - Double Olympic champion Mo Farah will continue working with Alberto Salazar, saying Friday he was satisfied with the response given by the American long-distance running coach to accusations of doping.
- Mo Farah to race in 10,000 at Athletissima meeting Updated: Jun-26-15 9:56 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Double Olympic champion Mo Farah is to run in the 5,000 meters at the Diamond League meeting in Lausanne.
- Tennessee set to make move to a lone 'Lady Vols' team Updated: Jun-26-15 2:37 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's decision to eliminate the Lady Volunteers nickname in all sports but basketball is the latest move in a nationwide trend of schools moving away from separate team monikers for men and women.
- Bills receiver Marquise Goodwin finishes 4th at nationals Updated: Jun-26-15 12:23 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin almost had a convenient excuse to miss some of training camp.
- Sprinter Asafa Powell dominates 100m heats in Jamaica Updated: Jun-25-15 9:30 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Former 100-meter world record-holder Asafa Powell dominated heats in the men's 100 meters at Jamaica's trials by recording a time of 9.98 on Thursday.
- Agent: Bolt withdraws from 100 at Jamaica trials to train on Updated: Jun-25-15 2:39 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Usain Bolt has been removed from the list of entries for the 100 meters at the Jamaica trials, apparently the latest setback for the world record-holder.
- Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang announces divorce Updated: Jun-25-15 8:51 am
BEIJING - Former Olympic champion hurdler Liu Xiang, one of China's best-known athletes, announced Thursday he is getting a divorce after a nine-month marriage to actress Ge Tian.
- AP source: USADA looking into allegations against Salazar Updated: Jun-24-15 7:33 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has launched an investigation into allegations that famed track coach Alberto Salazar encouraged Olympic silver medalist Galen Rupp and others in his stable of elite runners to skirt anti-doping rules, The Associated Press has learned.
- Decathlete Trey Hardee the big favorite at US championships Updated: Jun-23-15 5:42 pm
Trey Hardee's lucrative decathlon career has suddenly gone to the dogs.
- Farah says he never doped; missed tests were 'mistakes' Updated: Jun-19-15 8:54 am
LONDON - Angered by "rumors and speculation" swirling around him, two-time Olympic champion Mo Farah said Friday that he has never taken performance-enhancing drugs and described his two missed tests as "simple mistakes."
- After Farah report, Britain says 2 missed tests 'not common' Updated: Jun-18-15 12:25 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency defended its procedures for dealing with missed drug tests on Thursday after it was reported that distance runner Mo Farah missed two doping controls in the leadup to the 2012 London Olympics.
- Bolt calls 200 performance in New York worst of career Updated: Jun-13-15 7:00 pm
NEW YORK - The last time he competed in this stadium, Usain Bolt ran the fastest 100 meters in history.
- Bolt confident he'll be back in top form by worlds Updated: Jun-12-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - Usain Bolt remembers the rain, remembers the false start, and remembers his excitement at racing a big-name opponent in the 100 meters for the first time.
- Dibaba targeting sister's 5000 world record at Bislett Games Updated: Jun-10-15 1:35 pm
OSLO, Norway - Ethiopia's Genzebe Dibaba will be the focus of attention at the Bislett Games on Thursday as she attempts to take the 5,000 meters world record from her older sister Tirunesh.
- Farah's medical records to be analyzed by UK Athletics Updated: Jun-08-15 8:56 am
LONDON - Mo Farah's medical data will be analyzed in an independent investigation ordered by the governing body of British athletics, in light of the doping claims against the double Olympic champion's American coach.
- Gatlin-Powell-Gay to race in 100 at Diamond League meet Updated: Jun-08-15 7:53 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The three fastest men in the world this year are set to race each other in the 100 meters at the Athletissima Diamond League meeting.