- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:06 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia won the men's and women's divisions, respectively, in a Maine 10K road race Saturday founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Georgetown track coach resigns following investigations Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Georgetown has announced the resignation of the director of its track and field and cross country programs following investigations of reports of hazing and sexual misconduct.
- 2 NDSU track athletes competing at Pan Am Juniors Updated: Jul-31-15 11:32 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Two junior national champions from the North Dakota State University men's track and field team are competing at the 2015 Pan American Junior Championships this weekend in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Ortega wins 110 hurdles at Stockholm Diamond League Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 pm
STOCKHOLM - Orlando Ortega of Cuba beat a strong field to win the men's 110-meter hurdles at the Diamond League meeting in Stockholm, as world champion David Oliver had to settle for third on Thursday ahead of his title defense in Beijing next month.
- 25,000 take part in San Francisco Marathon Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twenty-five thousand runners have swarmed across the foggy Golden Gate Bridge in the 38th running of the San Francisco Marathon.
- Bolt 'will show up' at world championships in Beijing Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Even though Usain Bolt is still waiting to see if he has fully recovered from a left leg injury, the Olympic champion is sure he will be able to compete at next month's world championships in Beijing.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Campaigning athletes cheer Russian coach's exit Updated: Jul-17-15 5:16 pm
MOSCOW - A Russian walk-racing coach announced his retirement while facing a series of doping allegations.
- South Carolina's Frye headed to 2016 Olympics Updated: Jul-15-15 2:51 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina track coach Curtis Frye has been named an assistant to the USA men's team at the Olympic Games in Brazil next year.
- South African sprinter Van Niekerk runs sub-20 second 200 Updated: Jul-15-15 7:17 am
LUCERNE, Switzerland - South African sprinter Wayde van Niekerk joined American great Michael Johnson in elite company while setting a national record in the 200 meters.
- Rule change means Gatlin ineligible for athlete of year Updated: Jul-14-15 9:27 am
LONDON - Even if Justin Gatlin manages to beat Usain Bolt at next month's world championships, he won't be eligible for the sport's athlete of the year award.
- Bolt returning to London to run 100m at Olympic Stadium Updated: Jul-10-15 7:14 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt will return to London's Olympic Stadium to run the 100 meters at a Diamond League meet later this month.
- Athletissima Diamond League Results Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
100_1, Justin Gatlin, United States, 9.75. 2, Asafa Powell, Jamaica, 9.92. 3, Tyson Gay, United States, 9.92. 4, Michael Rodgers, United States, 10.03. 5, Keston Bledman, Trinidad and Tobago, 10.03. 6, Kim Collins, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 10.08. 7, Isiah Young, United States, 10.11.
- Justin Gatlin races to 100 win in 9.75 at Athletissima meet Updated: Jul-09-15 6:06 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Justin Gatlin easily beat two big-name rivals by clocking 9.75 seconds in the 100 meters at the Athletissima Diamond League meet on Thursday.
- Mo Farah to race in 3,000m at London Diamond League meeting Updated: Jul-07-15 10:26 am
LONDON - British Athletics says Mo Farah will compete in the 3,000 meters at the Diamond League meeting at London's Olympic Stadium.
- Olympic hopeful from Zimbabwe has found home in Augusta Updated: Jul-05-15 9:23 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Since arriving two years ago in Augusta, Pardon Ndhlovu has enjoyed training at a popular location.
- France relay team finally gets Olympic bronze medal Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
PARIS - Three years late, France's men got their 4x100-meter relay bronze medal from the London Olympics on Saturday, bumped up from fourth after the U.S. team was disqualified because of Tyson Gay's doping.
- Asafa Powell likes flying under radar to world championships Updated: Jul-02-15 12:12 pm
PARIS - Offered a glass of water in a sweltering Parisian heat wave, Asafa Powell shook his head, preferring the risk of thirst.