- Conviction of ex-speaker sends NY politics into turmoil Updated: Dec-01-15 1:42 am
ALBANY, New York - The conviction of former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver has shaken New York politics down to the granite foundations of the state Capitol, provoking fresh calls to overhaul a system that has stubbornly clung to its long history of corruption.
- New councilman now can't get paid for 1 of his jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 6:54 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Caddo Parish Commissioner-elect John Atkins says an ethics board ruling apparently means he cannot be paid for at least one of his other jobs once he's sworn in.
- Arkansas House candidate fined for failing to file report Updated: Nov-25-15 1:07 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Ethics Commission has fined and issued a letter of caution to a Libertarian candidate for the state House after investigating a complaint that he did not file a closing campaign finance report with the state.
- New York lawmakers slow to address corruption despite trials Updated: Nov-21-15 10:23 am
ALBANY, New York - Two of the most powerful men in New York state government are on trial for corruption at the same time. Voter turnout is lower than it's been in decades. And polls show the public is as distrustful as it is apathetic.
- Strange: New ethics advice is 'significant improvement' Updated: Nov-19-15 7:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Attorney General Luther Strange on Wednesday praised the Alabama Ethics Commission's revised advice to lawmakers that he said is "emphatic" that legislators cannot be hired lobbyists.
- House launches probe of Rep. Pittenger but will defer to FBI Updated: Nov-19-15 6:06 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The House Ethics Committee said Thursday that it will delay a probe into Republican U.S. Rep. Robert Pittenger while federal authorities investigate his family's business.
- Pennsylvania ethics panel fines 2 former Philly lawmakers Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The State Ethics Commission has fined two former Philadelphia legislators who previously pleaded guilty as a result of an undercover sting operation.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Nov-18-15 10:41 am
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-18-15 9:53 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- Ethics complaints dismissed against Gov. Pat McCrory Updated: Nov-04-15 10:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two ethics complaints filed against Gov. Pat McCrory earlier this year have been thrown out by the North Carolina State Ethics Commission.
- Conservative school board members ousted in Colorado recalls Updated: Nov-04-15 5:46 am
DENVER - Three conservative school board members elected on promises to reform teacher pay and boost charter schools in suburban Denver were overwhelmingly recalled in a high-priced election that highlighted the continuing importance of teachers' unions in education politics.
- Reviewers suggests changes for NY ethics commission Updated: Nov-03-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - An oversight group says New York's ethics commission should consider changes like fewer commissioners, no duplicate reporting requirements, bolstered staff and more open proceedings.