- Rules proposed for school accountability Updated: May-26-16 6:04 am
WASHINGTON - Proposed federal guidelines would allow states to decide how to use a mix of test scores, academic growth and other measures like chronic absenteeism to identify failing schools and children who are struggling the most.
- St. Landry board will not renew superintendent's contract Updated: May-25-16 7:35 am
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - The St. Landry Parish School Board has voted not to renew Superintendent Edward Brown's contract.
- Poll: NYC mayor's approval ratings sinks Updated: May-24-16 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - A new poll is showing New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio with the lowest approval rating of his term.
- Ratings firm: Passage of Props 123, 124 credit positives Updated: May-24-16 5:50 am
PHOENIX - A top national bond ratings firm calls the passage of propositions 123 and 124 "credit positives" for Arizona and its school districts.
- Detroit Schools plagued by mismanagement, student losses Updated: May-15-16 12:17 pm
DETROIT - Michigan lawmakers trying to glue together a plan to fix Detroit Public Schools using taxpayer money are staring down more than a decade of failure with what was once among the largest public education systems in the nation.
- Texas' attorney general rebukes Fort Worth bathroom policy Updated: May-10-16 5:40 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas' attorney general says Fort Worth schools may be violating state education law with new restroom guidelines for transgender students.
- University president gets grilled by Florida governor Updated: May-10-16 5:39 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The president of the University of North Florida is being asked to answer questions about bonds issued on behalf of the Jacksonville school.