- Lowndes school board weighs options on issuing bonds Updated: Jun-01-15 4:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Lowndes County school board is getting a review of its credit rating before deciding how quickly to spend $44 million approved by voters in May.
- Texas Legislature OKs A to F grade rating system for schools Updated: May-31-15 8:07 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Legislature has approved a contentious proposal issuing A through F grades rating its public schools' academic performance.
- Laramie school tops high school on rankings list Updated: May-23-15 4:25 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Laramie High School is ranked as the No. 1 high school in Wyoming by U.S. News and World Report.
- 3 Vermont state colleges among most affordable Updated: May-19-15 4:41 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A new national ranking has identified Vermont's Castleton, Johnson and Lyndon state colleges as among the 100 most affordable four-year colleges in the United States.
- UO hopes academics will soon join football in top rankings Updated: May-17-15 9:31 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Chuck Lillis thrills to the sight of the University of Washington rising to the top 50 in rankings of American universities.
- Moody's downgrades Chicago schools, park district ratings Updated: May-13-15 7:47 pm
CHICAGO - Moody's Investors Service downgraded the debt of both the Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Park District on Wednesday, a day after it downgraded the city's bond rating to junk status.
- U of Illinois wants to separate credit rating from state Updated: May-07-15 1:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A University of Illinois financial official says the state's low credit ratings are dragging down the university's credit and he wants to have the two separated.