- 5 college institutions removed from negative credit watch Updated: Jul-29-15 4:27 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - With deep budget cuts dodged by Louisiana's public colleges, national credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has removed five higher education institutions from a negative credit watch.
- George Washington University drops SAT, ACT requirement Updated: Jul-28-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - George Washington University will no longer require that students submit their ACT or SAT scores for most freshman admissions.
- Another rating agency lowers investment grade of CPS bonds Updated: Jul-28-15 4:53 am
CHICAGO - Another bond rating service has lowered the Chicago Board of Education's investment grade rating to junk status.
- University of Wyoming law school gets new dean Updated: Jul-10-15 12:22 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming's new law school dean wants to push the program up from fifth to first in the region's rankings by U.S. News & World report.
- How Obama reversed course on federal college ratings Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama dearly wanted to get the government in the business of rating colleges and universities based on value and affordability, promising a new system by 2015. Now that goal is shriveling under the weight of a concerted opposition from universities, lawmakers and bureaucrats in Obama's own administration.