- 5 Minnesota youngsters in Scripps National Spelling Bee Updated: May-29-15 7:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Five Minnesota youngsters participated in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Toughest words aren't tough enough for 2 spelling bee champs Updated: May-29-15 4:31 am
OXON HILL, Maryland - For the second straight year, the Scripps National Spelling Bee ended with co-champions each holding onto one side of the golden trophy while they were showered with confetti.
- Memorable words from National Spelling Bee semifinals Updated: May-28-15 4:05 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Memorable words and definitions from the semifinals of the 88th Scripps National Spelling Bee:
- Wisconsin contestants eliminated from national spelling bee Updated: May-28-15 8:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin contestants in the Scripps National Spelling Bee have been eliminated.
- A sampling of National Spelling Bee vocabulary questions Updated: May-26-15 2:25 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Here is a sampling of vocabulary questions from Tuesday's preliminary test at the Scripps National Spelling Bee. For the test, participants are asked to spell 12 words and define 14 words. Of the 285 spellers in the bee, roughly 50 will advance to the semifinals based on their scores on the test and their ability to spell two words correctly on stage Wednesday.
- National Spelling Bee launches fantasy-style mobile app Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Fans of the Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new way to follow the tongue-twisting action this year.
- 14-year-old wins geography bee after successful challenge Updated: May-13-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Karan Menon knew his answer was right but wasn't sure how to argue his case. Contestants in the National Geographic Bee aren't instructed on challenging what they're told is a wrong answer. He raised his hand and hoped host Soledad O'Brien would notice.
- 7th grader to compete for $50,000 at National Geographic Bee Updated: May-11-15 1:05 pm
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence seventh-grader will represent Rhode Island at the National Geographic Bee this week in Washington D.C.
- Newton student headed to National Geographic Bee Updated: May-10-15 5:04 pm
NEWTON, Massachusetts - A Newton seventh-grader is off to Washington D.C. to represent Massachusetts in the National Geographic Bee next week.
- North Dakota student prepares for National Geographic Bee Updated: May-09-15 3:52 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A North Dakota middle school student has been averaging about 20 hours a week studying for a national competition that will test his geography skills.
- Indiana teen wins 2015 Raytheon math contest Updated: May-08-15 7:59 pm
BOSTON - An Indiana teenager and the Indiana team took home national champion honors at the 2015 Raytheon MATHCOUNTS competition in Boston.