- National Spelling Bee ends in its unlikeliest tie to date Updated: May-27-16 10:12 am
OXON HILL, Maryland - If not for his high-pitched voice, there would be no way to peg Nihar Janga as the youngest-ever winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- The Latest: National Spelling Bee ends in tie for 3rd year Updated: May-26-16 11:07 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - The Latest on finals of the National Spelling Bee (all times local):
- Memorable words from the National Spelling Bee Updated: May-26-16 4:24 pm
OXON HILL, Maryland - Here are some memorable words and definitions from the final rounds of the 89th Scripps National Spelling Bee. Biological terms were particularly challenging, and shorter words often present a greater challenge than longer ones, which are made up of roots that spellers can piece together.
- Biotech firm Regeneron to take over science competition Updated: May-26-16 10:01 am
NEW YORK - A New York-based biotechnology company is the new sponsor of the 74-year-old high school science competition formerly sponsored by semiconductor maker Intel.
- Florida 6th-grader wins National Geographic Bee Updated: May-25-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - A Florida sixth-grader has won the 2016 National Geographic Bee.
- Born deaf, 11-year-old is among nation's top spellers Updated: May-24-16 5:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Making it to the Scripps National Spelling Bee is an amazing achievement for any kid, but for 11-year-old Neil Maes, being born deaf made his journey especially unlikely.
- Bilingual southern Indiana youth heads to Nat'l Spelling Bee Updated: May-19-16 3:44 am
HUNTINGBURG, Indiana - When Jaffet Cruz studies spelling words and vocabulary, it's a lesson for both him and his parents.
- Kevin Negandhi to host ESPN's spelling bee telecast Updated: May-18-16 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - The Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new host for its ESPN telecast: "SportsCenter" anchor Kevin Negandhi.
- Sweet spell of success Updated: May-18-16 2:02 am
CLOVIS, New Mexico - Ariel Kokoricha doesn't have any favorite words.
- Ex-Lincoln teacher pleads no contest to drunk driving charge Updated: May-17-16 6:35 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A former Lincoln high school math teacher has pleaded no contest to driving drunk for the third time.
- Seattle seventh grader wins national math bee Updated: May-09-16 7:02 pm
SEATTLE - A Seattle seventh grader has won the national math bee.
- Los Angeles school wins national Academic Decathlon - again Updated: May-01-16 12:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles high school has again won the national Academic Decathlon, besting competitors from all over the country.