- Hosszu of Hungary sets world record in 200 IM at swim worlds Updated: Aug-03-15 12:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katinka Hosszu has set a world record in the 200-meter individual medley at the world swimming championships.
- July sets record for hottest temperatures in Salem Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - If you felt like July was even hotter than usual, you were right. The National Weather Service says last month was Salem's hottest July on record.
- Mini Cooper crazies cross Michigan bridge; no record set Updated: Aug-02-15 1:07 pm
MACKINAW CITY, Michigan - It was a Michigan invasion of Mini Coopers.
- Sweden's Sarah Sjoestrom sets world mark in 100 butterfly Updated: Aug-02-15 11:09 am
KAZAN, Russia - Sarah Sjoestrom of Sweden has set a world record in the semifinals of the 100-butterfly at the world swimming championships.
- Subway sandwich artists set world record in Las Vegas Updated: Aug-01-15 10:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Subway's "sandwich artists" cranked out a record number of their lunchmeat masterpieces in Las Vegas on Saturday.
- Wlodarczyk betters own women's hammer throw world record Updated: Aug-01-15 8:42 pm
CETNIEWO, Poland - Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland has bettered her own hammer throw world record with a distance of 81.08 meters at the Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Throws Festival in Cetniewo.
- Oklahoma is on pace to break record for its rainiest year Updated: Aug-01-15 2:49 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma is on pace to have its soggiest year on record.
- British swimmer Peaty in fight for world record ratification Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Nearly a year later, British swimmer Adam Peaty's world record in the 50-meter breaststroke isn't ratified.
- 164 skydivers smash head-down world record in Illinois Updated: Jul-31-15 4:40 pm
OTTAWA, Illinois - Traveling at speeds of up to 240 mph, 164 skydivers flying head-down built the largest ever vertical skydiving formation Friday over central Illinois, smashing the previous record.
- Record-breaking temperatures mean trouble for Hawaii farmers Updated: Jul-31-15 9:02 am
HONOLULU - The National Weather Service is forecasting high temperatures to stay all the way into fall, a prediction that promises problems for Hawaii farmers.
- Ohio State Fair breaks opening day attendance record Updated: Jul-31-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Fair had a record-breaking opening day.
- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri Updated: Jul-30-15 5:19 pm
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - Two Texas men have set a new record in a race by canoeing the Missouri River from Kansas City, Kansas, to St. Charles, Missouri, in 34 hours and 34 minutes.
- Illinois sets record for seat belt usage in front seat Updated: Jul-30-15 12:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Usage of seat belts by drivers and front-seat passengers in Illinois has reached an all-time high.
- Deluge pushes Indianapolis to its wettest month on record Updated: Jul-27-15 3:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A summer of deluges that's left Indiana farmers with mounting crop losses has broken a 140-year-old precipitation record in Indianapolis, where this July is now the city's rainiest month on record.
- Singers fall short of breaking caroling record in Michigan Updated: Jul-27-15 10:03 am
FRANKENMUTH, Michigan - Singers have fallen short in an attempt in Frankenmuth to break the Guinness World Records mark for the most people singing Christmas carols.
- Miami airport on pace to set record number of travelers Updated: Jul-25-15 3:05 am
MIAMI - Miami International Airport is on pace to set a new record for number of travelers.
- Thorns-Reign sellout sets NWSL record Updated: Jul-23-15 1:14 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Thorns played the rival Seattle Reign on Wednesday night before a National Women's Soccer League record crowd of 21,144.
- Rudisha now the one who has to catch up Updated: Jul-22-15 11:44 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - David Rudisha has been left behind, and he's not used to it.
- Another month, another global heat record broken - by far Updated: Jul-20-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth dialed the heat up in June, smashing warm temperature records for both the month and the first half of the year.
- Chesney-Aldean concert sets Target Field record Updated: Jul-19-15 11:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Country stars Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean have set an attendance record at Target Field in Minneapolis.
- Google shareholders revel in record 1-day windfall of $65.1B Updated: Jul-17-15 8:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's stock roared out of a long slumber Friday to produce the biggest shareholder windfall in U.S. history as investors rewarded the Internet company for promising to curb its spending on risky projects.
- Gatlin continues fine form with dominant win in 100 meters Updated: Jul-17-15 5:38 pm
MONACO - American sprinter Justin Gatlin continued his fine form by clocking 9.78 to win the 100 meters at the Herculis Diamond League meet on Friday - and then warned his rivals that he can go even faster at the world championships next month with the right start.
- Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba sets world record in women's 1,500 Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
MONACO - Ethiopian Genzebe Dibaba powered down the home straight to set a world record in the women's 1,500 meters at a Diamond League meeting in Monaco on Friday.
- Purdue sees record-breaking year for donations, funding Updated: Jul-17-15 3:07 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University officials are set to announce record-breaking levels of annual giving and research funding at a Board of Trustees meeting on Friday.
- Balloon group ratifies records set by cross-Pacific flight Updated: Jul-17-15 11:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An international organization has ratified duration and distance records set by two pilots who completed a flight across the Pacific Ocean in a helium-filled balloon.