- Maine elvers set per-pound record as catch plummeted in 2015 Updated: Jun-02-15 12:38 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's baby eel fishery set a record for price per pound during a 2015 fishing year that saw total catch plummet, state regulators said.
- Asian demand, low supply set record price on Maine baby eels Updated: Jun-01-15 12:46 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Prices for tiny glass eels caught in river inlets along the Maine coast soared to record levels this year because a slow season resulted in reduced catch, fishermen and dealers say.
- Birkin sets auction record for handbags, sold for $222,000 Updated: Jun-01-15 10:07 am
HONG KONG - Christie's said Monday that a Hermes designer handbag smashed a world auction record in Hong Kong.
- 28 new records set at state weightlifting championships Updated: May-31-15 3:10 pm
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Nineteen-year-old David McLavey was ready to make his third attempt in the squat. The barbell held 525 pounds as it was placed on his upper back and shoulders.
- Des Moines water utility sets nitrate-removal record Updated: May-28-15 6:03 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines Water Works says the organization has set a record for using equipment that removes nitrate from the water so it's safe to drink.
- Cubs' Lester sets futility record Updated: May-27-15 9:59 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs pitcher Jon Lester established a major league record Wednesday night for the longest hitless drought to begin a career.
- Usain Bolt wins 200 at cold, wet Golden Spike meet Updated: May-26-15 4:17 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt cruised to victory in the 200 meters race at the Golden Spike meet on Tuesday, as the Jamaican star prepares for the world championships after a season marred by injuries.
- Record-setting scoring changes face of college softball Updated: May-26-15 4:11 pm
The pitchers' duels that once dominated college softball are less common with teams across the country scoring runs and hitting homers at unprecedented levels.
- Hawaii hotels set first-quarter revenue record Updated: May-26-15 2:48 pm
HONOLULU - According to a new report, Hawaii's hotel industry has set a new first-quarter revenue record.
- Brehm sets record at PIAA Track and Field championships Updated: May-23-15 4:56 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - There could not have been a better start to Day Two of the PIAA Track & Field Championships than Zach Brehm's finish.
- Jimenez sets European Tour hole-in-one record Updated: May-23-15 10:24 am
VIRGINIA WATER, England - Miguel Angel Jimenez hit a record 10th hole-in-one on the European Tour during his third round at the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth on Saturday.
- Wiltrout sets PIAA record for javelin throwing Updated: May-22-15 5:23 pm
SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Connellsville javelin thrower Madison Wiltrout capped an amazing 15-day span by winning the Class AAA girls title with a throw of 182 feet, 8 inches on Friday during the PIAA Track & Field Championships at Shippensburg University's Seth Grove Stadium.
- World's biggest atom smasher sets energy record Updated: May-21-15 10:04 am
BERLIN - Scientists operating the world's biggest particle collider say they have set a new energy record ahead of the massive machine's full restart in June.
- Kansas City-area man shoots his way to Guinness world record Updated: May-19-15 5:07 am
HARRISONVILLE, Missouri - A Kansas City-area man has shattered 3,635 clay targets in 60 minutes to set a new trapshooting record.
- Busy spring puts state ports on track for record fiscal year Updated: May-18-15 3:23 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The top executive over Georgia's seaports in Savannah and Brunswick said Monday he expects another record-breaking fiscal year following a busy spring in which East Coast ports benefited from a labor dispute on the West Coast.
- Stoke sets points record with 0-0 draw at Burnley in EPL Updated: May-16-15 12:29 pm
BURNLEY, England - Stoke reached its highest ever points tally in the Premier League by drawing 0-0 with already relegated Burnley on Saturday.
- WWII ship based in Albany participating in life jacket event Updated: May-16-15 5:05 am
ALBANY, New York - A World War II ship docked on the Hudson River at Albany will serve as one of the locations for a worldwide effort to promote the use of life jackets while boating.
- Gatlin runs 9.74 to win 100 at Diamond League opener in Doha Updated: May-15-15 9:05 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Justin Gatlin sent a message to Usain Bolt on Friday - both with his legs and his mouth.
- USOC makes $270 million for Winter-Olympic-year record Updated: May-15-15 5:58 pm
DENVER - The U.S. Olympic Committee brought in $270 million in 2014, surpassing the previous high mark for a Winter Olympics year by $29 million thanks in part to an increase in licensing income.
- 2014 ND taxable sales, purchases set record at $28.2 billion Updated: May-12-15 2:52 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's taxable sales and purchases - a key indicator of economic activity in the state - rose 11 percent in 2014 to a record $28.2 billion, the state tax commissioner said Tuesday.
- Small town in Michigan attempts to set record with sundae Updated: May-11-15 1:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Michigan - A small town in southwest Michigan is waiting eagerly to learn whether it set a world record with the construction of an 1,800 foot ice cream sundae.
- Beltre, Rodriguez carry Rangers to 2-1 win over Rays Updated: May-10-15 6:21 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Adrian Beltre believes he knows why the Texas Rangers haven't been scoring much lately.
- Pennsylvania girl sets national high school javelin record Updated: May-08-15 1:44 pm
NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pennsylvania - A sophomore from western Pennsylvania who just started throwing the javelin a year ago has set a girls' national high school record.
- Jazz Fest sets new record attendance with 460,000 fans Updated: May-05-15 8:48 am
- Jazz Fest sets new record attendance with 460,000 fans Updated: May-05-15 7:07 am
NEW ORLEANS - The sun-filled final weekend of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, fueled by performances by Elton John, Lenny Kravitz, Ed Sheeran, Trombone Shorty, T.I., Anthony Hamilton and No Doubt, drew 460,000 fans - the highest attendance total since Hurricane Katrina in 2005.