- Norfolk State sets blocks record, tops Morgan State 79-73 Updated: Feb-13-16 8:49 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Jordan Butler had 13 points, nine rebounds and a career high-tying seven blocks, helping Norfolk State to a school-record 17 blocks and a 79-73 win over Morgan State on Saturday night.
- Indiana school's 30th straight swimming title breaks record Updated: Feb-13-16 6:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The girls' swimming team at Carmel High School spent all season chasing records.
- Middle Tennessee State University sets fundraising record Updated: Feb-13-16 2:27 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University officials say the school surpassed $100 million during a recent fundraising effort.
- Alleyne sets record as Oregon women top Utah 69-58 Updated: Feb-12-16 11:07 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Jillian Alleyne had 27 points, 13 rebounds, four steals and two blocks to lead Oregon to a 69-58 win over Utah on Friday night.
- Record highs recorded in Phoenix, Tucson, Prescott, Yuma Updated: Feb-11-16 7:38 pm
PHOENIX - The winter heat is on in Arizona.
- No winter chill; Phoenix sets record with high of 86 degrees Updated: Feb-10-16 5:01 am
PHOENIX - So much for the winter chill in Phoenix these days.
- Pennsylvania stuck in historic budget gridlock Updated: Feb-09-16 3:15 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf warned lawmakers on Tuesday that Pennsylvania's finances are a ticking time bomb amid a record-long budget gridlock, as he sent them a spending proposal for the coming fiscal year with no full plan in place for the year that began back in July.
- The Latest: Wolf seeks $3 billion tax hike amid gridlock Updated: Feb-09-16 11:41 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The latest on Gov. Tom Wolf's budget proposal to the state Legislature for the 2016-17 fiscal year that begins July 1 (all times local):
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport sets new passenger record in 2015 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:08 am
PHOENIX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is reporting a new record for total passengers last year.
- 2015 sets record for most shark attacks, with 98 worldwide Updated: Feb-08-16 9:20 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Experts say 2015 saw a record-setting 98 unprovoked shark attacks worldwide, including 30 in Florida alone.
- New record set for fall chinook redds in Snake River Updated: Feb-08-16 1:40 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - New data released by the Nez Perce Tribe shows that fall chinook returning to the Snake River have set a new record for the third straight year.
- Phoenix Open draws estimated 201,003 fans to break record Updated: Feb-06-16 10:44 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Waste Management Phoenix Open drew an estimated 201,003 fans Saturday at TPC Scottsdale to break the tournament and golf record.
- Balentine sets record, Evansville beats Missouri St. 83-64 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:41 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - D.J. Balentine scored 18 points to become the all-time leading scorer in Evansville school history in its 83-64 win over Missouri State on Saturday.
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72 Updated: Feb-05-16 7:24 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Brandon Sherrod scored 25 - and set the Division I single-season record for consecutive field goals made - to help Yale beat Columbia 86-72 Friday and take over sole possession of first place in the Ivy League standings.
- Single building permit sets annual record in Yankton County Updated: Feb-05-16 8:05 am
YANKTON, South Dakota - Yankton County issued only one building permit in January, but it was a record-setting one.
- Alex Teixeira set to move to Chinese club in record deal Updated: Feb-05-16 4:09 am
JIANGSU, China - Shakhtar Donetsk has confirmed Brazilian midfielder Alex Teixeira is set to move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning for an Asian record transfer fee of 50 million euros ($56 million).
- Hawaii's lack of rain in January sets new records Updated: Feb-04-16 7:27 am
HONOLULU - Dry conditions in January have broken new records across the state for low rainfall.
- Hoosiers have 2 quarterbacks ready to replace Sudfeld Updated: Feb-03-16 4:15 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - With record-setting Nate Sudfeld graduating, Indiana coach Kevin Wilson needed to find a quarterback who could play right away and another he could groom one for the future.
- Southern Illinois Univ. Edwardsville sets enrollment record Updated: Feb-03-16 4:50 am
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is seeing record enrollment this spring, while numbers are down or holding steady at community colleges in the Metro East region.
- Seizure of 696 animals in North Carolina sets ASPCA record Updated: Feb-02-16 6:04 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The almost 700 animals seized from a no-kill shelter in North Carolina sets a record for the ASPCA, the group that's now caring for the pets.
- Indoor pole vault record came as no surprise for Jenn Suhr Updated: Feb-02-16 5:33 pm
BOSTON - Defending Olympic pole vault champion Jenn Suhr was injury-free, avoided the flu bug this season and the warm weather made it easier to train at her home-made facility in western New York.
- January was record-setting month for Florida Lottery Updated: Feb-02-16 9:41 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Lottery had a record-setting month, reaching $716 million in ticket sales.
- South Dakota gun permits set monthly record in January Updated: Feb-02-16 5:41 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's secretary of state says the number of concealed carry weapon permits issued in January broke a record set just a month earlier.
- State report says Ohio liquor sales top $1B for first time Updated: Jan-28-16 4:16 am
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio - State officials say Ohio set a record for dollar sales of spirituous liquor last year, exceeding $1 billion for the first time.
- What a whopper: Virginia man sets NC record for white marlin Updated: Jan-27-16 12:28 pm
MOREHEAD CITY, North Carolina - North Carolina officials have certified that a Virginia man has set the state record for a white marlin.