- Birch pollen count in Fairbanks sets new record Updated: May-03-16 6:24 am
FARIBANKS, Alaska - Fairbanks's birch pollen count this year has set a new city record.
- 'Rutgers Day' festival draws record-setting crowd Updated: Apr-30-16 4:30 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Rutgers officials say a record-setting crowd turned out to get an up-close look at the university and its many offerings.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- Device was buried but airport's blizzard measurement was OK Updated: Apr-28-16 1:10 pm
A weather observer at Reagan National Airport lost a snow-measuring device during the January blizzard but still accurately recorded a snowfall total that was lower than in nearby Washington, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Chicago tourism numbers hit new record at nearly 51 million Updated: Apr-27-16 6:23 am
CHICAGO - The number of domestic visitors to Chicago hit a record last year, reaching nearly 51 million.
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-24-16 7:45 pm
HOUSTON - Stephen Curry sat on the bench with his head in his hands, facing another injury that could derail Golden State's playoff run.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- Late-season storm dumps rain, snow in parts of California Updated: Apr-22-16 11:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A late-season storm moving through California pounded the San Francisco Bay region with rain Friday and brought snow to the southern Cascade range and the northern Sierra Nevada, a welcome addition to water supplies after years of drought.
- Rocky Mountain National Park draws record number of visitors Updated: Apr-22-16 9:13 am
DENVER - Officials say Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park attracted more than 4.1 million visitors in 2015, setting a record.
- Bank of North Dakota reports record $130.7 million profit Updated: Apr-21-16 10:51 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bank of North Dakota, the nation's only state-owned bank, set an earnings record for the 12th straight year in 2015, the bank's president said Thursday.
- Earth's hot streak continues for a record 11 months Updated: Apr-19-16 1:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth's record monthly heat streak has hit 11 months in a row - a record in itself.
- Southern California's spring heat wave continues Updated: Apr-18-16 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California simmered in a spring heat wave again Monday.
- Lottery sets record for education funding in first quarter Updated: Apr-18-16 3:55 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Lottery says it returned a record $119 million for education funding during the first quarter of the year, a 27 percent increase over the previous quarterly record.
- Oxnard, Camarillo set temperature records as winds subside Updated: Apr-17-16 6:21 pm
OXNARD, California - The National Weather Service says Oxnard and Camarillo have notched high-temperature records.
- Warriors' record-setting win earns record local TV rating Updated: Apr-14-16 10:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Golden State Warriors' record-setting 73rd win generated a record local television rating as well.
- What a night! Golden State wins 73, Kobe scores 60 in finale Updated: Apr-14-16 3:52 am
The stars did not disappoint.
- The Latest: Kobe and the Warriors delivered in finales Updated: Apr-14-16 1:37 am
The Latest on the Golden State Warriors' chase of the best regular-season record in NBA history on Wednesday and Kobe Bryant's final game with the Los Angeles Lakers (all times local):
- More than 760,000 attend 2016 French Quarter Festival Updated: Apr-13-16 4:46 am
NEW ORLEANS - More than 760,000 people attended French Quarter Fest 2016, setting another attendance record.
- More than 20,000 apply to UNH, new record Updated: Apr-11-16 2:16 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire has received more than 20,000 first-year applications to attend the school this year, an increase nearly 1,000 from last year and a new record.
- Richards, Kieffer set world indoor marathon records Updated: Apr-09-16 8:44 pm
NEW YORK - Malcolm Richards and Allie Kieffer set world indoor marathon records Saturday in the Armory NYC Indoor Marathon.
- Wood sets record for goals by American in top German leagues Updated: Apr-09-16 6:19 pm
Bobby Wood has set the record for goals by an American during a season in Germany's top two leagues.
- Rapid City sets record with March building permits Updated: Apr-09-16 9:47 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Rapid City has set a record for the number of building permits issued in March.
- Panthers beat Leafs for franchise's best record Updated: Apr-05-16 12:18 am
TORONTO - There's no more startling anyone for these Florida Panthers.