- Hawaii visitor numbers stay on record-setting path Updated: May-26-16 3:36 pm
HONOLULU - The number of visitors coming to Hawaii rose 3.4 percent in April compared to the same month a year earlier. But the Hawaii Tourism Authority said Thursday tourist spending dropped more than 1 percent to $1.1 billion during the month.
- 6-month-old skis across lake; parents say it's a record Updated: May-25-16 5:10 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A 6-month-old girl whose professional water-skier parents put her on junior-size water skis last week glided 686 feet across a man-made lake in what her parents say sets a youth record.
- In sync: Over 31,000 in China set world dance record Updated: May-24-16 3:54 am
BEIJING - China's dancing grannies have taken their moves to the record books.
- Wearn wins in Georgia; Sagstrom breaks Symetra money record Updated: May-21-16 6:17 pm
MILTON, Georgia - Laura Wearn won the Gosling's Dark 'n Stormy Classic on Saturday for her first Symetra Tour title, and Sweden's Madelene Sagstrom was second to break the season money record.
- Alabama teenager breaks Florida flathead catfish record Updated: May-21-16 4:48 pm
ATLANTA - An Alabama teenager has set a Florida state record for catching the biggest flathead catfish.
- Student completes 7,000 pull-ups to shatter world records Updated: May-21-16 9:01 am
MCLEAN, Virginia - Andrew Shapiro's quest to set a Guinness World Record began seven months ago, with American Ninja Warrior and his father's cancer diagnosis.
- USA Cycling unveils high-tech pursuit bike for Rio Olympics Updated: May-20-16 11:43 am
The fastest women's pursuit team in track cycling just got a whole lot faster.
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for $15.7 million Updated: May-20-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - A Diego Rivera painting has sold privately for $15.7 million, setting a world record price for any Latin American work of art, Phillips auction house said Friday.
- Arkansas' unemployment rate hits record low of 3.9 percent Updated: May-20-16 11:23 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - State officials say Arkansas' unemployment rate has hit a record low, dropping to 3.9 percent in April.
- Soldier aims to run 100 miles while wearing a gas mask Updated: May-19-16 11:05 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - The soldier in the gas mask goes by "Unbreakable."
- Record crushed, diamond intact: Oppenheimer Blue draws $58M Updated: May-18-16 5:38 pm
GENEVA - The "Oppenheimer Blue" diamond sold Wednesday for more than 56.8 million Swiss francs ($57.6 million) including fees, crushing the previous record for the most expensive diamond ever sold at auction.
- Williston man catches record 131-pound paddlefish Updated: May-18-16 12:18 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston man has set a new state record by catching a 131-pound paddlefish.
- Residents in northern New England awaken to snow in mid-May Updated: May-16-16 5:36 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Leaves are coming out on trees, daffodils are starting to bloom and snow is falling in parts of Northern New England a month before the start of summer.
- Fairbanks breaks 101-year-old high temperature record Updated: May-16-16 8:40 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The city of Fairbanks set new record high temperatures over the weekend, including one set more than 100 years ago.
- Benfica wins 3rd straight Portuguese league title Updated: May-15-16 2:27 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica won its third straight Portuguese league title by defeating Nacional 4-1 in Sunday's last round, setting a new league record with 88 points from 34 matches.
- Ibrahimovic sets PSG goal record in final French league game Updated: May-14-16 6:29 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic set a record for league goals in a single season by a Paris Saint-Germain player, saying farewell on Saturday with a brace in a 4-0 win over Nantes in the French league.
- Frida Kahlo fetches record $8M for artist at NYC auction Updated: May-12-16 9:12 pm
NEW YORK - A painting by Frida Kahlo set a new auction record for the Mexican painter when it sold for $8 million at Christie's sale of impressionist and modern art Thursday night.
- The Latest: Kahlo work sets auction record for artist Updated: May-12-16 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on Christie's sale of impressionist and modern art (all times local):
- Basquiat sets artist record at Christie's sale at $57.3M Updated: May-10-16 9:34 pm
NEW YORK - A monumental self-portrait by Jean-Michael Basquiat set a world auction record for the artist at $57.3 million Tuesday evening at a Christie's contemporary art sale.
- The Latest: Basquiat sells for $57.3M at Christie's sale Updated: May-10-16 9:18 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a Christie's contemporary art sale Tuesday evening in New York City: (all times local):
- Kentucky tax collections set all-time record in April Updated: May-10-16 1:09 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials collected more than $1 billion in taxes last month, setting a record high.
- Elko above average for yearly rainfall Updated: May-10-16 1:12 am
ELKO, Nevada - Annual water precipitation in Elko has reached above-average levels after a weekend of record-breaking rainfall.
- 30 at West Virginia University are global award recipients Updated: May-09-16 1:11 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University says its students have set a record with 30 global scholarships and fellowships this year.
- 2016 another record-setting class for Ohio State Updated: May-08-16 9:16 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University is graduating its largest class on record.
- UConn sets record with almost 36,000 admission applications Updated: May-08-16 2:01 am
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn says almost 36,000 students applied to be admitted to the school this fall, setting a new record.