- Bride sentenced for niece's fatal shooting at wedding party Updated: Jun-03-15 2:38 pm
BEAVER, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to 16 to 32 months in jail for fatally shooting her niece during a party celebrating the defendant's wedding.
- Lincoln surgeon accused of DUI in hit-and-run crash Updated: Jun-03-15 1:59 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A surgeon whose medical license has been suspended has been accused of impaired driving and of hit-and-run in Lincoln.
- Incumbent mayor in Paulsboro loses primary Updated: Jun-03-15 9:09 am
PAULSBORO, New Jersey - A New Jersey mayor who recently pleaded guilty to drunken driving charges has lost a primary as he sought re-election.
- Man pleads guilty to DUI-related death Updated: Jun-03-15 4:29 am
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - An Anguilla man has been sentenced to serve five years in prison after pleading guilty to a charge of DUI resulting in death related to a 2012 fatal wreck.
- Man convicted in reckless driving death gets 21 years Updated: Jun-03-15 3:52 am
AUBURN, Alabama - A Cusseta man convicted of killing a high school student in a reckless driving incident has been sentenced to 21 years.
- Drunken driving and manslaughter suspect turns himself in Updated: Jun-02-15 6:50 pm
PHOENIX - A suspect in a deadly drunken driving crash in April has turned himself in to authorities.
- Police: Uniformed off-duty sheriff's deputy charged with DUI Updated: Jun-02-15 3:33 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say a Shelby County Sheriff's deputy has been arrested for DUI while he was on his department-issued motorcycle.
- Man convicted of driving Zamboni drunk at hockey game Updated: Jun-02-15 2:18 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A Fargo man who admitted being drunk while operating a Zamboni during a high school hockey game was convicted Tuesday after the judge rejected his lawyer's argument that the ice-resurfacing machine didn't meet the definition of a vehicle under city code.
- Police: Man running fake DUI checkpoint was himself DUI Updated: Jun-02-15 12:08 pm
SOMERSET, Pennsylvania - State police say a man who pretended to be a state trooper running a drunken-driving checkpoint on a western Pennsylvania highway was drunk himself.
- State trooper injured by allegedly drunken driver Updated: Jun-02-15 9:02 am
EASTON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts state trooper was treated at the hospital for minor injuries after an alleged drunken driver struck his cruiser from behind while it was stopped at a red light.
- Bond set for suspect in fatal north Mississippi accident Updated: Jun-02-15 8:50 am
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - Bond has been set at $3 million for a Mississippi man charged with two counts of DUI death in a fatal accident that left two Memphis teenagers dead and two others injured.
- Woman accused of 10th drunken driving offense Updated: Jun-02-15 7:25 am
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - A Janesville woman is accused of her tenth drunken driving offense after police say she was too intoxicated to perform a field sobriety test.
- Elementary school teacher charged with DUI Updated: Jun-02-15 6:25 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - The Murfreesboro Police Department says a Rutherford County Schools teacher has been accused of driving under the influence.
- Man accused of DUI, fleeing police through wheat field Updated: Jun-02-15 6:25 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - A Westminster man has been accused of driving under the influence and trying to elude a deputy through a wheat field.
- Des Moines police say child dies when pickup veers into yard Updated: Jun-01-15 10:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines police say a man will be charged with vehicular homicide after a pickup truck he was driving plowed through two fences and killed a 6-year-old boy playing on a backyard trampoline.
- Gov. Hickenlooper signs bill making 4th DUI felony Updated: Jun-01-15 7:07 pm
WHEAT RIDGE, Colorado - Repeat DUI offenders will face tougher penalties in Colorado with a bill signed into law Monday by Gov. John Hickenlooper as families of victims of drunk drivers looked on.
- Western NY woman arrested for driving wrong way on Thruway Updated: Jun-01-15 10:57 am
CHEEKTOWAGA, New York - A 25-year-old western New York woman has been charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated after hitting several vehicles and driving the wrong way on the New York State Thruway.
- 2 Tenn. seniors killed in Miss. traffic accident Updated: May-31-15 5:43 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Authorities say the driver of a vehicle involved in a traffic accident in Mississippi that killed two West Tennessee high school seniors is facing drunken driving charges.
- Big Lake man charged with road-rage crash that injured 2 Updated: May-31-15 4:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Big Lake man in a pickup has been charged with intentionally ramming another truck, injuring two people, in what Alaska State Troopers are calling an incident of road rage.
- Police: Mom crashed car while driving drunk, injuring son Updated: May-31-15 10:59 am
CINCINNATI - Police say a Cincinnati mother crashed her car while driving drunk with her son in the back seat.
- Court ruling on marijuana DUI issue isn't retroactive Updated: May-30-15 4:34 am
PHOENIX - An Arizona court has ruled that a previous decision on driving under the influence of drugs doesn't apply retroactively.
- Wash. State Patrol officer hurt by suspected drunken driver Updated: May-30-15 2:20 am
SEATTLE - The Washington State Patrol says a sergeant who had stopped another motorist on the Interstate 90 floating bridge across Lake Washington was injured Friday night when a suspected drunken driver crashed into his patrol car.
- California Senate offers 24-hour rides for drunken members Updated: May-29-15 10:54 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California senators too drunk to drive can turn to a 24-hour ride service funded by taxpayers, a local newspaper reports.
- Police: Driver hits 2 police cars before DWI arrest in NY Updated: May-29-15 9:05 pm
PATCHOGUE, New York - Police say an intoxicated driver hit two police cars and another vehicle as officers chased him through local streets and a highway on Long Island.
- Greenville County deputy fired after DUI arrest by own force Updated: May-29-15 4:16 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say a Greenville County deputy has been fired after he was pulled over and charged with driving under the influence from officers on his own force.