- Central Texas judge pleads no contest to drunken driving Updated: May-05-16 8:47 am
SAN MARCOS, Texas - A Central Texas judge who presides over DWI cases has pleaded no contest to drunken driving and was sentenced to three days in jail.
- Trumbull man convicted in fatal drunken driving crash Updated: May-05-16 8:25 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Trumbull man who at first tried to blame a fatal car crash he was involved in on a mysterious panhandler has been convicted of manslaughter and drunken driving charges.
- Annapolis police begin new program to combat drunk driving Updated: May-05-16 6:13 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Police in Annapolis are launching a new program to combat drunk driving.
- Driver charged with felony DUI in fatal Anderson wreck Updated: May-05-16 3:36 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - A man has been charged with felony DUI after being part of a deadly head-on collision.
- Jury in Key West acquits Miami-Dade commissioner of DUI Updated: May-04-16 3:55 pm
KEY WEST, Florida - A jury in Key West has acquitted a Miami-Dade County commissioner of a drunken driving charge.
- Not guilty plea in fatal drunken driving crash Updated: May-04-16 9:20 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A man accused of driving drunk and killing a couple in a Green Bay traffic crash has pleaded not guilty in Brown County Circuit Court.
- Suit involving chronic DWI offender settled for $1.5 million Updated: May-04-16 8:33 am
ST. LOUIS - The parents of a suburban St. Louis motorcyclist killed when he crashed into an abandoned SUV on Interstate 270 have settled a lawsuit against the SUV driver, a man now in prison for at least his 10th drunken driving conviction.
- Fair Haven man denies threatening bystanders with chainsaw Updated: May-04-16 3:23 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A western Vermont man has denied charges that he threatened to kill a crowd of people gathered outside a Rutland dance club with a chainsaw earlier this year.
- Police: Woman with kids in car rammed officers' vehicles Updated: May-03-16 10:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A 35-year-old woman has been jailed after allegedly ramming Albuquerque police cars while driving erratically with her two children in her car.
- Man pleads guilty in drunken driving death of Muncie teen Updated: May-03-16 7:58 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - A central Indiana man has pleaded guilty in a fatal drunk driving case in which he killed a Muncie teenager when he slammed into his motor scooter last summer.
- Nashville detective charged with DUI, decommissioned Updated: May-03-16 7:03 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville youth services police detective has been arrested on charges including DUI and decommissioned from the department.
- State representative pleads guilty to negligent driving Updated: May-03-16 5:16 am
BARRE, Vermont - A Vermont state representative has admitted to one count of negligent driving after initially being charged with drunken driving stemming from a January traffic stop arrest.
- Orlando officer arrested on DUI charge after hit-and-run Updated: May-03-16 2:00 am
ORLANDO, Florida - An Orlando police officer has been charged with driving under the influence following a hit-and-run crash in Manatee County.
- Mississippi man sentenced in DUI crash that killed 2 teens Updated: May-02-16 4:19 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A Mississippi man is set to spend 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to a drunken-driving crash that killed two students from a high school in the Memphis suburb of Eads, Tennessee.
- Driver arrested after slow-speed pursuit in Los Angeles Updated: May-02-16 10:05 am
LOS ANGELES - A driver who led Los Angeles police on a slow-speed pursuit through downtown was arrested after spike strips flattened his tires and a bump from a patrol car immobilized his vehicle.
- Man stopped for DUI; sister pulls up to argue, also arrested Updated: May-02-16 9:43 am
OCALA, Florida - A 41-year-old Florida woman defending her younger brother during a DUI arrest also was charged with drunken driving.
- DUI suspect accused of ramming Sioux Falls police squad car Updated: May-02-16 6:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police say a drunken driving suspect intentionally rammed a patrol car before being arrested.
- Minnesota over 100 traffic deaths so far in 2016 Updated: May-01-16 4:40 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota already has surpassed 100 traffic deaths in the first four months of 2016.
- Synthetic narcotics spark new look at drugged- driving laws Updated: May-01-16 12:50 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Eighteen-year-old Kristian Roggio was riding in a friend's car when another driver careened across a Brooklyn street, colliding head-on and killing her. That driver had inhaled aerosol dust cleaner moments before to get high, and prosecutors say he was impaired enough to be charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Drunken driver crashes into Alaska Governor's Mansion Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A suspected drunk driver has been arrested after his truck crashed into the Governor's Mansion, damaging the historic house.
- Benton County Commissioner continues campaign after DUI Updated: Apr-30-16 4:10 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A Benton County Commissioner who was cited for driving under the influence says she will not step down from office or drop her bid for re-election.
- Man cleared of DWI arrested on same charge 2 days later Updated: Apr-30-16 2:13 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man cleared of a drunken driving charge at his trial on Thursday was arrested Saturday morning on a new charge of operating under the influence.
- Man charged with OWI after crashing into western Iowa house Updated: Apr-30-16 1:56 pm
LE MARS, Iowa - A western Iowa man faces operating while intoxicated charges after authorities say he crashed into a house in Le Mars.
- Kansas appeals court: Evidence stands despite defunct law Updated: Apr-30-16 1:32 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Court of Appeals has ruled that a man could be convicted of driving under the influence using evidence obtained under a defunct law.
- Wife charged with DUI; husband jumped from truck, died Updated: Apr-29-16 3:07 pm
HART, Michigan - A woman whose husband died after jumping from a pickup truck in western Michigan has been charged with drunken driving.