- Man charged with DUI in fatal Cobb County crash Updated: Aug-28-15 9:01 am
POWDER SPRINGS, Georgia - Police say a man has been charged with driving under the influence in a crash that killed a woman walking along a road in Cobb County.
- Hartford man faces 7 years in drunken driving death Updated: Aug-28-15 8:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man who was driving drunk and hit and killed man in March faces seven years in prison.
- Montana man pleads not guilty to fatal drunken-driving crash Updated: Aug-27-15 9:49 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A 23-year-old Montana man accused in a drunken-driving crash that killed a Nebraska physician has pleaded not guilty to a vehicular homicide charge.
- 4 plead not guilty in fiery NY crash that killed 2 kids, dad Updated: Aug-27-15 3:48 pm
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A high-speed race along a suburban New York parkway led to a crash that ended in the fiery deaths of a father and his two children, prompting authorities to indict one of the drivers on vehicular homicide, drunken driving and other charges.
- Prosecutor appeals reversal in GM ignition-related fatality Updated: Aug-27-15 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - A prosecutor is appealing a judge's decision to reverse the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman because a faulty General Motors ignition switch.
- Woman dies from injuries in crash with driver fleeing police Updated: Aug-27-15 1:04 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Richmond police say a woman has died from injuries suffered in a wreck involving a driver who was fleeing officers.
- Lawmaker blasts prosecutor for actions on son's DUI case Updated: Aug-27-15 11:55 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Rep. Bill Pownall, who resigned as Campbell County sheriff last year amid allegations he influenced a drunken-driving investigation of his son, criticized the motive and actions of the former county attorney in her dealing with his sheriff's office and son.
- Aberdeen store needs temporary support after car crash Updated: Aug-27-15 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A wall at an Aberdeen clothing store had to be shored up after a drunken driver crashed into the building.
- Schenectady man is NY state's first 'Vince's Law' conviction Updated: Aug-27-15 6:47 am
BALLSTON SPA, New York - Officials say a Schenectady man who recently pleaded guilty in a felony drunk driving case is the first conviction under New York state's "Vince's Law" enacted last year.
- Drunken driver accused of 4 hit-and-runs in Sioux Falls Updated: Aug-27-15 6:29 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Brookings man is in custody in Sioux Falls after allegedly driving drunk and hitting four vehicles, including one that was occupied.
- Judge reverses manslaughter conviction due to GM ignition Updated: Aug-26-15 6:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - A Pennsylvania judge reversed the involuntary manslaughter conviction of a woman Wednesday after determining a faulty General Motors ignition switch contributed to her crashing into a school bus and utility pole, killing her teenage passenger.
- California cardinal accused of drunken driving in Hawaii Updated: Aug-25-15 4:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The former archbishop of San Francisco has been arrested in Hawaii on suspicion of drunken driving.
- School superintendent for South Tahoe sorry about DUI Updated: Aug-25-15 11:46 am
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, California - The superintendent in charge of schools on the California side of south Lake Tahoe is apologizing for his recent conviction of driving under the influence.
- Ohio woman pleads guilty in river crash that killed boy, 4 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - A woman who authorities say was drunk when her car went into a river, killing her friend's 4-year-old son, has pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide.
- Suspected drunken driver charged in fatal motorcycle crash Updated: Aug-25-15 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A suspected drunken driver has been charged in a crash that killed a motorcyclist who was stopped at a red light.
- Police: Driver was drunk when he hit, killed bicyclist Updated: Aug-24-15 10:40 pm
DENVER - Police say a man was driving drunk when he hit and killed a father who was riding his bicycle on Lookout Mountain Road near Golden.
- Man arrested for vehicular homicide after Sioux Falls crash Updated: Aug-24-15 8:13 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A judge in southeast South Dakota has set bond at $10,000 for a Sioux Falls man facing several charges including vehicular homicide after a fatal crash in the city.
- Woman accused of manslaughter, DUI after crash in Maricopa Updated: Aug-24-15 5:16 pm
PHOENIX - A woman is accused of manslaughter and driving impaired after a car crash in Maricopa killed her passenger.
- The Latest on Oklahoma stabbing: Fallin praises Costello Updated: Aug-24-15 5:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on the fatal stabbing of Oklahoma's labor commissioner (all times local):
- Bears DL Ratliff suspended 3 games for substance-abuse issue Updated: Aug-24-15 4:45 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - The NFL suspended Chicago defensive lineman Jeremiah Ratliff without pay for the first three games of the season Monday, saying he violated its substance-abuse policy.
- Woman dies after being hit by car; driver charged with DWI Updated: Aug-24-15 7:28 am
BUFFALO, New York - Police say a 54-year-old man has been charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving while intoxicated after a pedestrian was fatally struck in a Buffalo neighborhood.
- LI man accused of DWI with 3 children in car Updated: Aug-24-15 6:28 am
PLAINVIEW, New York - A Long Island man has been charged with driving drunk with three of his young children in the car.
- DUI suspect crashes into police cruiser, injuring officer Updated: Aug-23-15 3:55 pm
GARDEN GROVE, California - Orange County authorities say a police officer was hurt when a drunken driving suspect drove into opposing lanes of traffic and smashed his car head-on into a police cruiser in Garden Grove.
- New Mexico State Police officer fired after missing hearing Updated: Aug-23-15 12:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico State Police officer who missed a hearing related to a DWI arrest he made has been fired by the department.
- Omaha police sergeant cited on suspicion of DUI Updated: Aug-22-15 2:32 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha police sergeant accused of driving drunk and leaving the scene of an accident has been ticketed.