- Prosecutor: Church shooting suspect to face death penalty Updated: Sep-04-15 5:37 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The state prosecutor in charge of trying Dylann Roof in what authorities have said was the racially motivated killing of nine black people inside of a Charleston church spoke to the families of victims about how Roof should be punished, but said the ultimate decision rested in her hands.
- Emporia State ends investigation into alleged hate crime Updated: Sep-04-15 5:06 am
EMPORIA, Kansas - Emporia State University says it's completed an investigation into hate crime and discrimination allegations at the eastern Kansas university.
- 12-year-old boy cited for hate crime, battery in California Updated: Sep-03-15 1:18 pm
MODESTO, California - A 12-year-old boy in California has been cited for a hate crime and battery after allegedly attacking his classmate with sticks and using racial slurs while they waited for the school bus.
- Alabama man arrested in alleged hate crime in Missouri Updated: Sep-03-15 8:44 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An Alabama man has been arrested on suspicion of committing a hate crime against Muslims in Columbia.
- Hate crime charge in attack on transgender woman at Target Updated: Aug-31-15 10:55 pm
GLENDALE, California - Police say a man has been charged with committing a hate crime against a transgender woman at a Southern California Target store.
- Woman, 19, gets probation in BB shooting of school athlete Updated: Aug-18-15 6:58 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A 19-year-old white woman was sentenced Tuesday to a year of supervised probation to resolve charges she shot two black high school athletes with a BB gun in what police initially classified as a hate crime.
- Woman, 19, gets probation in BB shooting of school athlete Updated: Aug-18-15 6:44 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A 19-year-old white woman has been sentenced to a year of supervised probation for shooting a black high school athlete with a BB gun in what police initially classified as a hate crime.
- 2 South Texas men indicted in torture of gay man Updated: Aug-17-15 8:32 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Two South Texas men have been indicted on federal hate-crime charges for the March 2012 torture of a gay African-American man in Corpus Christi.
- Man faces hate crime charge after abortion clinic vandalized Updated: Aug-13-15 4:05 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - A Metairie man has been charged with committing a hate crime after being accused of removing signage from a Metairie abortion clinic.
- Arrest in NY bias attack on gay couple married at West Point Updated: Aug-12-15 8:19 am
NEW YORK - Police say a New York City man has been arrested in connection with a bias attack in lower Manhattan against the first gay couple to be married at West Point.
- Man pleads guilty to federal hate crime Updated: Aug-07-15 4:52 pm
SEATTLE - A 34-year-old Bremerton man has pleaded guilty to shouting anti-gay slurs has he threatened to stab a man in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood.
- Iowa man pleads guilty to threatening Boston Islamic group Updated: Aug-06-15 5:27 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - An Iowa man pleaded guilty Thursday to a federal hate crime after admitting he posted messages threatening to kill Muslims on the Facebook page of a Boston Islamic group.