- Prosecutors: Brooklyn woman used rock in anti-gay attack Updated: Jul-03-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say a Brooklyn teen has been arrested on charges she assaulted a man with a rock after shouting anti-gay epithets at him.
- Hate crimes, homicides declined in California in 2014 Updated: Jul-01-15 9:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Most crime rates declined across California in 2014, including hate crimes and homicides, the state attorney general's office said Wednesday.
- Jackson police to get help on hate crime investigations Updated: Jul-01-15 8:45 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The city of Jackson will provide training to help law enforcement officers accurately report and document hate crimes.
- Authorities: Gay slur carved into Utah man's arm was staged Updated: Jun-30-15 9:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man who reported someone beat him and carved a homophobic slur into his arm staged the attacks, authorities in rural Utah said Tuesday.
- White Texas man admits hate-crime attack on black man Updated: Jun-30-15 4:28 pm
HOUSTON - A white Houston-area man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for the surprise punching of an elderly black man.
- Federal officials investigate recent fires at black churches Updated: Jun-29-15 4:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Federal authorities say they are investigating recent fires at predominantly black churches, though the blazes do not appear to be related.
- Stanford police arrest homeless man for sprayed swastikas Updated: Jun-27-15 12:07 pm
STANFORD, California - A homeless man, and not a student, has been arrested on suspicion of spraying swastikas around the Stanford University campus.
- Clarification: Charleston Shooting-Hate Crimes story Updated: Jun-26-15 6:53 pm
In a story June 18, The Associated Press reported on the number of law enforcement agencies reporting hate crimes in South Carolina in 2012 and 2013. The story should have made clear that many more agencies filed annual hate crime reports with the FBI but had no such crimes for the year.
- Sacramento police say midtown stabbing was a hate crime Updated: Jun-24-15 5:29 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Police are investigating the stabbing of three Sacramento musicians as a hate crime.
- Man sought in NY assaults on Asians dead of apparent suicide Updated: Jun-23-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - A man suspected in a series of bias attacks on Asian women in Manhattan was found dead in an apparent suicide, police said Tuesday, just days after he detailed in an online blog a plot to attack the women and then kill himself.
- Gun rights still trumping gun controls in politics Updated: Jun-19-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - They offered prayers and moments of silence. They sought to comfort. Some flashed with anger and frustration that, once again, America was forced to confront another mass shooting.
- Missouri man sentenced for hate crime in 2013 Omaha assault Updated: Jun-18-15 6:37 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Missouri man convicted of a hate crime in connection to the October 2013 assault of a Marine in downtown Omaha has been sentenced.
- Judge: New Mexico man can stand trial for hate crime Updated: Jun-09-15 11:52 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A 59-year-old man accused of making anti-Semitic threats against the owner of an Albuquerque Jewish deli has been found competent to stand trial.
- Hate crime task force eyes subway shove; victim transgender Updated: Jun-03-15 12:53 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police say the hate crime task force is now investigating the case of a transgender woman who was shoved onto the subway tracks.