- Police: Postal worker harassed Muslim woman in NYC Updated: Nov-24-15 9:00 pm
NEW YORK - A postal worker arrested on hate crime charges had bumped into and spit on a Muslim woman before following her into a deli and threatening to burn down her place of worship, New York City police said.
- Judge says Iowa beating was racially motivated, 'vicious' Updated: Nov-24-15 11:48 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - An Iowa bar's surveillance camera captured video of a white felon committing a "vicious attack" on a black man, and the evidence indicates the beating was racially motivated, a judge has ruled.
- Rally against hate crime draws hundreds at San Diego school Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 am
SAN DIEGO - Hundreds of people participated in a demonstration at San Diego State University after a report of a hate crime against a Muslim student.
- Lehigh University: Student, 2 men charged with hate crime Updated: Nov-24-15 7:37 am
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Officials say a Lehigh University student and two other men are charged with a hate crime for saying an anti-gay slur and pushing another student to the ground.
- Police investigating possible hate crime at Oregon college Updated: Nov-22-15 6:18 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police are investigating a possible hate crime at Lewis and Clark College.
- SDSU investigates hate crime against Muslim student Updated: Nov-20-15 7:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State University police are looking for a suspect involved in an attack on a Muslim student that they are calling a suspected hate crime.
- Sheriff: Church graffiti could be religion-based hate crime Updated: Nov-19-15 8:14 pm
EUREKA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities in west-central Michigan say they are investigating vandalism on a church near Greenville as a possible religion-based hate crime.
- US Muslims face backlash after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Muslims around the U.S. are facing backlash following the deadly attacks in Paris, including vandalism to mosques and Islamic centers, hate-filled phone and online messages and threats of violence.
- European rights court rules against French comic Dieudonne Updated: Nov-10-15 6:28 am
STRASBOURG, France - Europe's top human rights court has rejected an appeal by the controversial French comic Dieudonne M'Bala M'Bala, saying the right to free expression does not protect anti-Semitism or Holocaust denial.
- Hate crime charge for men who cited Trump's immigrant views Updated: Nov-06-15 12:05 pm
BOSTON - Two brothers who claimed to be inspired in part by Donald Trump's views on immigrants have been indicted on hate crime charges for allegedly beating and urinating on a homeless Mexican man.
- Rally supports Boston-area mosque tagged with 'USA' graffiti Updated: Nov-04-15 3:18 pm
BURLINGTON, Massachusetts - Muslim leaders and clergy from other faiths rallied Thursday during a demonstration themed "We are Americans" to show support for a suburban Boston mosque spray-painted with "USA" graffiti.
- Vandalism at cemetery being investigated as hate crime Updated: Nov-02-15 6:18 am
CLAYTON, Delaware - State police are investigating vandalism at a cemetery as a hate crime.
- Europe rights body says Cyprus hate crimes underreported Updated: Nov-01-15 6:02 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A European minority rights body is urging Cypriot authorities to ensure that hate crimes are properly identified an effectively dealt with following reports of an increase in racially motivated violence.
- Man charged in St. Louis area black church fires Updated: Oct-30-15 5:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Authorities charged A 35-year-old black St. Louis man with arson for two of the seven church fires in a predominantly African-American part of the St. Louis region, and federal investigators said there is no evidence of a hate crime.
- Missouri man enters Alford plea to hate crime charge Updated: Oct-29-15 2:20 pm
MARYVILLE, Missouri - A northwest Missouri man will be sentenced in December for a confrontation with a black waitress who was serving him breakfast.