- 3 arrested in San Diego County hate-crime death of black man Updated: May-02-16 9:46 pm
FALLBROOK, California - San Diego County authorities say the stabbing death of a black man was a hate crime and they've arrested three reputed gang members on suspicion of murder.
- Police: Man charged with hate crime after threatening woman Updated: Apr-29-16 5:14 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont police say a Burlington man is charged with a hate crime after they say he pointed what appeared to be a gun at woman wearing a hijab and called her a terrorist.
- The Latest: Son of Victim: I don't understand why he did it Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on a guilty plea by a friend of the man accused of gunning down nine black parishioners during a Bible study in a South Carolina church (all times local):
- Omaha man found guilty of burning couple's gay pride flag Updated: Apr-28-16 4:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man accused of stealing a gay pride rainbow flag and burning it has been found guilty.
- 2 Dodge City men charged with hate crimes against Somalis Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Two southwest Kansas men have been charged with federal hate crimes after prosecutors say they attacked three Somali men last year.
- Dubuque NAACP demands more information about cross burnings Updated: Apr-22-16 1:45 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Leaders of NAACP's Dubuque branch have demanded more information from police about two burnt crosses found in the city last week.
- California man arrested for burning church's rainbow flag Updated: Apr-21-16 10:29 am
CONCORD, California - Authorities say an East Bay man has been arrested on suspicion of a hate crime for burning a rainbow flag at a church.
- Towson University to review its hate, bias reporting process Updated: Apr-21-16 5:52 am
TOWSON, Maryland - Towson University is reviewing its policies for reporting on-campus incidents motivated by hate or bias.
- US attorney for Utah visits mosque, reassures Muslims Updated: Apr-16-16 6:57 pm
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - U.S. Attorney for Utah John Huber says his office will do its best to protect the rights of the Muslim community.
- High court upholds hate-crime conviction in Omaha case Updated: Apr-15-16 6:18 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court will not overturn a hate-crime conviction and 12- to 18-month prison sentence for a Missouri man who sucker-punched a Marine for associating with two gay friends.
- 2 teens spray-paint swastikas, profanities on home, cops say Updated: Apr-14-16 1:27 pm
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Police say a pair of youths spray-painted swastikas and profanities on the driveway and garage door of a Maine home.
- Trump visit roils town still healing from Latino's killing Updated: Apr-14-16 1:44 am
PATCHOGUE, New York - Some Latinos are decrying Donald Trump's planned appearance at a Republican fundraiser in suburban New York days ahead of the state's primary.
- University investigating anti-Islam graffiti Updated: Apr-12-16 4:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - University of Utah police are investigating after someone scrawled anti-Muslim slogans in black marker on posters advertising a speech about Islamophobia in America.
- California teens charged for threatening Snapchat video Updated: Apr-12-16 2:01 pm
MODESTO, California - Police in California have arrested two teen boys after a video was posted to social media that threatened a black student with a noose and a gun.
- Sikh temple to host event on protection from hate crimes Updated: Apr-09-16 9:52 am
SOUTHINGTON, Connecticut - The office of the U.S. attorney for Connecticut will put on a presentation about protecting houses of worship from hate crimes.
- Judge rules Milwaukee triple-slaying suspect incompetent Updated: Apr-06-16 7:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - A judge ruled Wednesday that a Milwaukee man is incompetent to stand trial in the shooting deaths last month of three of his neighbors.
- Judge nixes singer Kesha's sexual abuse claims vs. producer Updated: Apr-06-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - Pop star Kesha's claims that producer Dr. Luke violated human rights and hate crime laws by drugging, sexually abusing and emotionally tormenting her were dismissed Wednesday, with a judge saying that rape isn't necessarily an act of gender hatred.
- The Latest: Dr. Luke declines comment on Kesha case ruling Updated: Apr-06-16 6:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a ruling in a New York legal clash between pop star Kesha and producer Dr. Luke (all times local):
- LA police: Sexuality not key factor in gay son's killing Updated: Apr-05-16 10:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police believe the primary reason a Los Angeles man shot and killed his adult son was to cover up for the stabbing death of his wife the previous day, and not chiefly because the son was gay, as prosecutors had alleged.