- The Latest: Bush ad using Santorum against Rubio Updated: Feb-05-16 5:39 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Latest from the 2016 campaign trail with days to go until the New Hampshire primary (all times local):
- China probe says stored chemical caused Tianjin blasts Updated: Feb-05-16 11:27 am
BEIJING - Deadly warehouse blasts that killed 165 people in a Chinese port city in August were triggered when a chemical stored in an unlicensed facility became too dry and caught fire, investigators announced Friday.
- Sheriff's sergeant hurt when burning tire on truck explodes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a sheriff's sergeant was injured when a burning tire on truck exploded in southern Michigan.
- Disposal of fireworks materials kills 8 in southwest China Updated: Feb-05-16 9:59 am
BEIJING - Eight people were killed and nine others injured in an explosion that occurred when a local government agency in charge of work safety in southwestern China was disposing of leftover materials used to make fireworks, state media said Friday.
- Airline CEO: Explosive residue found in Somalia incident Updated: Feb-04-16 2:59 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The head of the airline whose jetliner was damaged in an explosion shortly after takeoff from Somalia said Thursday that investigators have found what appears to be residue from explosives, though he cautioned that the findings were inconclusive.
- Police investigate 3-year-old burned by exploding heater Updated: Feb-04-16 10:50 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Police were investigating after a 3-year-old Pennsylvania boy was burned by an exploding space heater.
- Officials search for cause of death for family in explosion Updated: Feb-04-16 6:18 am
AKRON, Ohio - Authorities say an Ohio mother and two young girls were so badly burned that investigators can't determine if they suffered any injuries prior to a fatal house explosion and fire.
- Official: House exploded minutes after firefighters arrived Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 am
HENRIETTA, New York - Firefighters say a suburban Rochester house explosion would've been deadly if it had happened two minutes earlier.
- OSHA cites 'Texas' producers over deadly fireworks blast Updated: Feb-02-16 5:10 pm
PALO DURO CANYON STATE PARK, Texas - Federal officials have issued citations against a group that puts on the outdoor musical "Texas" after a stage manager was killed last summer when two containers of fireworks exploded at the production venue in Palo Duro Canyon.
- Oklahoma gas company says bad workmanship caused explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 4:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A gas utility has said bad workmanship was the cause of a Jan. 2 pipeline explosion that obliterated a northwest Oklahoma City home, damaged dozens of others and severely injured a man.
- Regulators: Fresno County responsible for pipeline explosion Updated: Feb-02-16 12:41 pm
FRESNO, California - The California Public Utilities Commission determined that Fresno County was responsible for a deadly April pipeline explosion at a shooting range in Fresno.
- Moldova: grenade explodes at house of central bank chief Updated: Feb-01-16 2:34 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Prosecutors say a grenade was lobbed and exploded at the house of the outgoing governor of Moldova's central bank. There were no casualties.
- West report OK'd, stricter ammonium nitrate standards urged Updated: Jan-28-16 11:37 pm
WACO, Texas - Federal regulators approved a report Thursday that found inadequate emergency response coordination and training and careless storage of potentially explosive materials contributed to a catastrophic 2013 blast at a Texas fertilizer plant.
- 4 bodies found at scene of house explosion in Kentucky Updated: Jan-27-16 7:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say four bodies have been found at the scene of a house explosion and fire in southern Kentucky.
- Authorities: 1 man dead in house explosion in eastern Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 7:29 pm
NEWCOMERSTOWN, Ohio - A house explosion left one man dead in eastern Ohio, authorities said Wednesday.
- Death toll in blast that rocked New Jersey home rises to 4 Updated: Jan-27-16 4:38 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - The death toll in an explosion that rocked a northern New Jersey home in November has risen to four.
- Another death reported in crash involving Takata air bags Updated: Jan-27-16 2:03 pm
DETROIT - Another death has been reported in a crash that involved an exploding Takata air bag inflator, but it's unclear whether the inflator killed the person.
- Garbage truck fueled by natural gas explodes in New Jersey Updated: Jan-27-16 1:26 pm
HAMILTON, New Jersey - Authorities say no one was injured when a garbage truck fueled by natural gas exploded "like a missile" in New Jersey.
- Explosion, fire in sewage plant blamed on mechanical failure Updated: Jan-27-16 11:34 am
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Investigators have determined that an explosion and fire in a sewage treatment facility near Boston that injured five workers was caused by the mechanical failure of an industrial circulation fan.
- 1 dead, 3 missing after southern Kentucky log house explodes Updated: Jan-26-16 6:45 pm
COLUMBIA, Kentucky - One person died and three were missing after an explosion and fire Tuesday at a log house in southern Kentucky.
- Disabled daughter saves mother after oxygen tank explodes Updated: Jan-26-16 2:56 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 48-year-old woman developmentally disabled woman with myotonic muscular dystrophy saved her mother's life and stopped a house fire at their Butte home.
- Ford recalls about 391K Ranger pickups due to air bag death Updated: Jan-26-16 11:40 am
DETROIT - Ford is recalling about 391,000 Ranger pickups because the driver's air bag inflators can explode with too much force and cause injuries.
- 4 Kenai families lose homes in earthquake Updated: Jan-25-16 5:43 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Vincent Calderon and Carrie Gaethle had just gotten their two children back to bed after being shaken awake by a 7.1 magnitude tremor that rocked the Kenai Peninsula Sunday morning when their house exploded into a mass of blue flames.
- Explosion at industrial building causes $550,000 in damages Updated: Jan-25-16 12:15 pm
BELCAMP, Maryland - An explosion inside a mechanical room of an industrial building has caused $550,000 in damages.
- Topeka man charged in car explosion waives hearing Updated: Jan-23-16 3:16 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka man facing charges linked to an explosion in his car that injured his 4-year-old son has pleaded not guilty and waived his preliminary hearing.