- Blaze at Los Angeles marijuana dispensary began with blast Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Arson investigators are on the scene of a large fire at a marijuana dispensary in downtown Los Angeles that authorities say began with a loud explosion.
- Death toll in Spanish fireworks factory blast raised to 6 Updated: Sep-01-15 5:29 am
MADRID - The number of people killed in a huge fireworks factory explosion in northeastern Spain has been raised to six after the body of a missing man was found early Tuesday, officials said.
- Chemical factory explodes in eastern China, killing 1 Updated: Aug-31-15 11:13 pm
BEIJING - A chemical factory exploded in eastern China, killing one person, a state-run local news website reported Tuesday, nearly three weeks after massive chemical warehouse explosions in the country exposed lax enforcement of safety regulations.
- Officials investigate explosion, fire at apartment near ISU Updated: Aug-31-15 6:53 pm
AMES, Iowa - Authorities are investigating the cause of a small explosion and fire at an apartment complex near Iowa State University that injured one person.
- Explosion investigated at burning Marietta apartment complex Updated: Aug-31-15 6:43 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Firefighters are investigating a blaze at a Marietta apartment complex that was reportedly rattled by an explosion.
- Huge blast at Spanish fireworks factory kills 5, wounds 6 Updated: Aug-31-15 3:41 pm
MADRID - A huge explosion Monday at a fireworks factory in northeastern Spain killed five people and injured six others, authorities said.
- Death toll rises to 158 in blasts at China's Tianjin port Updated: Aug-31-15 7:37 am
BEIJING - The death toll rose Monday to 158 from massive explosions of chemical warehouses in the Chinese port of Tianjin, where cleanup crews were grappling with cyanide contamination caused by the blasts. About 15 people remain missing, authorities said.
- Activists say IS damages ancient temple in Syria's Palmyra Updated: Aug-30-15 11:25 pm
BEIRUT - Islamic State militants in Syria severely damaged the Bel Temple, considered one of the greatest sites of the ancient world, in a massive explosion Sunday, activists said.
- Schools to open on time in Chinese city shaken by blasts Updated: Aug-30-15 5:55 am
BEIJING - More than 300 grade schools in the Chinese neighborhood shaken by this month's deadly blasts will start the fall semester on time, the district government of Binhai in the port city of Tianjin said Sunday.
- Trial set over gas explosion at Alexandria pizza restaurant Updated: Aug-29-15 4:13 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - A judge is scheduled to start hearing arguments in a 2012 lawsuit over a natural gas explosion at a pizza restaurant in Alexandria Mall.
- Police look into small explosion in Woodburn man's garage Updated: Aug-29-15 4:11 pm
WOODBURN, Oregon - Police are investigating an explosion and fire in a Woodburn man's garage.
- Utility commission recommends $400K fine in house explosion Updated: Aug-29-15 6:32 am
UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio - Ohio's utility regulator is recommending that Columbia Gas be fined $400,000 for a gas explosion that destroyed a suburban Columbus house and damaged others nearby.
- Workers overcome by gases at China paper mill, 7 die, 2 hurt Updated: Aug-29-15 6:01 am
BEIJING - Workers were overcome with toxic gas from a paper mill's waste pool and seven of them died, authorities said Saturday, in China's latest deadly accident involving dangerous chemicals.
- Vegas hot-air balloon business takes flight after fire Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 am
LAS VEGAS - Vegas Balloon Rides is taking flight for the first time since routine re-fueling erupted into a fire at the company's office near the Las Vegas Strip, injuring a pilot and destroying three of the company's baskets.
- 1955 refinery explosion seemed like 'end of the world' Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
WHITING, Indiana - On an already hot morning during one of the hottest summers on record, shortly after the sun peeked over the horizon, a huge blast at the Standard Oil Refinery in Whiting startled thousands out of their sleep and shattered windows as far away as Crown Point.
- East Hartford gas station explosion caused by car accident Updated: Aug-28-15 2:40 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say an out of control vehicle was responsible for an explosion and subsequent fire at an East Hartford gas station.
- Jury: Cable company largely responsible in fatal blast Updated: Aug-27-15 4:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Time Warner Cable must pay nearly $6 million as part of a lawsuit alleging it was largely responsible for a fatal natural gas explosion that leveled an upscale Kansas City restaurant, jurors ruled Thursday.
- Indiana man sentenced in deadly explosion moved to prison Updated: Aug-27-15 4:37 pm
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - An Indianapolis man sentenced to two life sentences plus 75 years for a deadly house explosion has begun serving his sentence at a state prison.
- Police: Man stepped on gas line before motel explosion Updated: Aug-26-15 9:08 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - Police say a man stepped on a gas line at a motel in Washington state just before a huge explosion destroyed part of the structure and critically injured a gas company worker.
- Jury gets the case in Kansas City restaurant explosion trial Updated: Aug-25-15 7:28 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After five weeks of testimony, lawyers presented closing arguments Tuesday in the civil trial involving a fatal explosion more than two years ago at a Kansas City restaurant.
- Champions Tour cancels China event because of deadly blast Updated: Aug-25-15 2:11 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - The Champions Tour has canceled its September tournament in China near the port where an explosion killed more than 100 people and left several more missing.
- 2 men burned in house fire sparked by hash oil operation Updated: Aug-25-15 12:19 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - Two men were badly burned in a house fire that Yakima officials say was sparked during the manufacture of hash oil.
- Firefighters battle structure fire in Cleveland County Updated: Aug-24-15 2:44 pm
NOBLE, Oklahoma - Firefighters are battling a mobile home fire in Cleveland County where explosions have been reported with people possibly inside the structure.
- Man, 67, dies after explosion at Massachusetts home Updated: Aug-24-15 3:17 am
NEW BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - Authorities say a contractor who was critically injured in an explosion at a Massachusetts home has died.
- Explosion at chemical plant in eastern China kills 1 Updated: Aug-23-15 8:25 am
BEIJING - An explosion at a chemical plant in eastern China killed one person and injured nine others, a state news agency reported Sunday, less than two weeks after a similar disaster at a chemical warehouse killed 123 people.