- Possible flaw in weld coating cited in pipeline blast Updated: May-04-16 7:38 pm
Investigators have found evidence of corrosion on a natural gas pipeline that exploded in a massive fireball in Pennsylvania last week, scorching trees a quarter-mile away, damaging homes and burning a fleeing homeowner, the federal pipeline safety agency said Wednesday.
- Regulators fault procedures in blast at natural gas facility Updated: May-04-16 6:54 pm
PLYMOUTH, Washington - Federal and state regulators say the main cause of an explosion in 2014 at a southeastern Washington natural gas facility was inadequate procedures that allowed oxygen to remain in the system.
- NTSB says no evidence of explosion in fatal NY plane crash Updated: May-04-16 4:58 pm
SYOSSET, New York - An investigator says the debris field of wreckage from a small plane that broke apart over Long Island is consistent with "pieces coming off while it was in flight" and not evidence of an explosion.
- Henderson house explosion blamed on gas leak; 1 injured Updated: May-04-16 10:02 am
HENDERSON, Kentucky - The Henderson Fire Department has confirmed that a gas leak was the cause of a home explosion that severely injured one person earlier this week.
- 1 man injured after Henderson house explosion Updated: May-03-16 9:00 am
HENDERSON, Kentucky - A man has been burned after an explosion ripped through a Henderson house.
- Illinois construction worker dies weeks after explosion Updated: May-02-16 2:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - A construction worker from southwest Illinois has died several weeks after suffering severe burns in a gas explosion while on the job.
- Man seriously hurt in Upper Peninsula building explosion Updated: May-02-16 1:32 pm
FORSYTH TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a man was severely injured in a building explosion in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- 2 burned in Los Angeles County propane explosion Updated: May-02-16 10:31 am
SANTA FE SPRINGS, California - Authorities in Los Angeles County say two people were critically injured in an explosion on a truck in an industrial area of Santa Fe Springs.
- Gaza militants say 1 killed in training accident Updated: May-02-16 5:53 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Islamic Jihad militant group says one of its members has been killed in an explosion.
- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- Grenade explodes during drunken argument in Russia; 1 killed Updated: May-01-16 11:15 am
MOSCOW - Local police say a grenade explosion during a drunken argument in Russia's north has killed one person and wounded four others.
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Indianapolis house explosion suspect wants trial moved Updated: Apr-29-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fourth suspect in a house explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood has requested that his trial be moved from the city.
- Oklahoma City man sues utility after natural gas explosion Updated: Apr-28-16 11:20 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A man has filed a lawsuit claiming negligence against Oklahoma Natural Gas after he suffered serious burns from a January natural gas explosion that destroyed dozens of homes in northwest Oklahoma City.
- Independent probe of Hawaii lab explosion expected in May Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 pm
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii says an independent investigation into what caused a laboratory explosion that seriously injured a visiting researcher has been delayed by several weeks.
- The Latest: High schooler hurt while combining chemicals Updated: Apr-27-16 6:42 pm
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - The latest on a high school student injured by a chemical explosion (all times local):
- 2 Buncombe firefighters hurt when phosphoric acid explodes Updated: Apr-27-16 3:59 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials say two Buncombe County firefighters were injured when the burning phosphoric acid they found along the shoreline at Biltmore Lake exploded.
- German tourists in Myanmar recovering from land mine blast Updated: Apr-27-16 7:21 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Two German tourists and their local guide were recovering Wednesday from wounds suffered when they accidentally set off a land mine in eastern Myanmar.
- Memories painful on Chernobyl's 30th anniversary Updated: Apr-26-16 2:08 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - As Ukraine and Belarus on Tuesday marked the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident with solemn words and an angry protest, some of the men who were sent to the site in the first chaotic and frightening days were gripped by painful memories.
- Homemade explosives blamed for fatal Grand Island fire Updated: Apr-26-16 1:32 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - State investigators say homemade explosives caused the fire in which a Grand Island business owner died.
- Investigators: Explosion in Armenia's capital not terror act Updated: Apr-26-16 1:11 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - An explosion that devastated a bus in Armenia's capital, killing two people and injuring seven, was not the result of a terrorist attack, the country's investigative committee said Tuesday.
- 1 dead in Armenia bus explosion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:41 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - Armenian officials say an explosion of a city bus in the capital has killed at least one person and wounded six others.
- A look at the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster in numbers Updated: Apr-25-16 10:10 am
CHERNOBYL, Ukraine - Telling the story of Chernobyl in numbers 30 years later involves dauntingly large figures and others that are even more vexing because they're still unknown. A look at numbers that hint at the scope of the world's worst nuclear accident, the explosion and fire at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant on April 26, 1986:
- Oil tank fire near New Town prompts evacuation of 2 families Updated: Apr-25-16 7:04 am
NEW TOWN, North Dakota - Two families were evacuated from their homes in the Van Hook area near New Town after a group of oil storage tanks exploded and burned.
- Death toll at 28 in Mexico petrochemical plant explosion Updated: Apr-23-16 12:13 am
MEXICO CITY - Searchers recovered four more bodies from a petrochemical plant wrecked by a huge explosion this week on Mexico's southeastern Gulf coast, raising the death toll to 28, the state oil company said Friday night.