- 6 workers injured in explosion at dam in Washington state Updated: Oct-08-15 10:50 pm
MATTAWA, Washington - Officials with the Grant Public Utility District say six employees have been injured in an explosion at Priest Rapids Dam on the Columbia River.
- Authorities: 2 injured following fire at Nebraska restaurant Updated: Oct-08-15 10:48 pm
ALLEN, Nebraska - Authorities in a small community in northeast Nebraska say two people have been injured following a small chemical explosion at a restaurant.
- Officials: Gas facility explosion leaves 3 workers dead Updated: Oct-08-15 7:16 pm
GIBSON, Louisiana - An explosion at a Louisiana natural gas facility Thursday left three workers dead and two seriously injured, police said.
- Woman describes issues at mine during trial of ex-coal CEO Updated: Oct-08-15 6:33 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Massey Energy management required alerting underground miners when federal inspectors arrived at Upper Big Branch Mine - the site of a deadly explosion in 2010 - so workers could stop mining and quickly attend to neglected safety problems, a former Massey miner testified in former company CEO Don Blankenship's criminal trial Thursday.
- Northwestern Minnesota granary explosion injures 2 Updated: Oct-07-15 4:39 pm
BELTRAMI, Minnesota - Authorities say two workers were injured in a small explosion at a granary in northwestern Minnesota.
- Explosion sparks fire at New Hampshire power plant Updated: Oct-07-15 10:46 am
BETHLEHEM, New Hampshire - Authorities say a generator overheated, exploded and sparked an oil fire at a New Hampshire power plant. No one was hurt.
- NYC police probing possibility explosion wasn't gas-related Updated: Oct-06-15 5:24 pm
NEW YORK - Police are investigating whether something other than gas caused a New York City building to explode over the weekend.
- 2nd body recovered after New York City building explosion Updated: Oct-05-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - A second body was discovered Monday in the rubble of an apartment building that exploded over the weekend.
- FDNY: 1 dead, 3 others injured in apparent blast Updated: Oct-03-15 3:42 pm
NEW YORK - Firefighters in New York say one person is dead and three more have been injured in an apparent explosion and fire in a Brooklyn building.
- Fire official: 6 hurt in South Florida high-rise explosion Updated: Oct-02-15 4:49 pm
SUNNY ISLES BEACH, Florida - A penthouse boiler room exploded because of a gas leak Friday at a 33-story high-rise near Miami, injuring at least six people, fire officials said.
- 4 workers hurt in explosion at Houston-area chemical plant Updated: Oct-02-15 3:25 pm
PASADENA, Texas - Police say four workers have been treated for burns after an explosion and fire at a chemical plant along the Houston Ship Channel.
- The Latest: 6 hurt in South Florida building explosion Updated: Oct-02-15 2:07 pm
SUNNY ISLES BEACH, Florida - The latest on the explosion at a high-rise in the Miami area (all times local):
- DuPont to pay $724K after explosion that killed worker Updated: Oct-01-15 6:29 pm
TONAWANDA, New York - DuPont has agreed to pay $724,000 to settle Clean Air Act violations that contributed to a 2010 explosion that killed a contractor and burned another at its western New York plant.
- Major repairs on Wallops Island spaceport completed Updated: Oct-01-15 2:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginia Commercial Spaceflight Authority says major repairs to a launch pad that was damaged when a rocket exploded shortly after liftoff last fall have been completed.
- House explodes north of Detroit; no injuries reported Updated: Sep-28-15 3:36 pm
WARREN, Michigan - A house has exploded and caught fire in Warren, north of Detroit.
- 3 injured when camper explodes in East Tennessee Updated: Sep-28-15 10:57 am
DANDRIDGE, Tennessee - Officials say three people have been injured when a camper exploded in East Tennessee.
- A timeline of events in Upper Big Branch disaster Updated: Sep-27-15 10:47 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship heads to trial Thursday on numerous counts of conspiracy and lying to federal financial regulators. He's the highest-ranking executive charged in the April 2010 underground explosion that killed 29 men at the Upper Big Branch Mine in Montcoal, West Virginia.
- CEO in deadliest US mine accident in 4 decades facing trial Updated: Sep-27-15 10:39 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship hits the courtroom for a criminal trial Thursday, facing charges that he conspired to break safety laws and lied to financial regulators about safety practices at the site of the deadliest U.S. mine explosion in more than four decades.
- Judge refuses to again postpone West explosion trial Updated: Sep-26-15 4:27 pm
WACO, Texas - A judge refused to postpone the first trial related to a deadly fertilizer plant explosion in West that happened more than two years ago.
- Fire officials: 6 homes uninhabitable after explosion, blaze Updated: Sep-24-15 8:45 pm
COLUMBIA, Maryland - Authorities in Maryland say at least six townhouses are uninhabitable after an explosion and fire that injured a gas worker investigating a reported leak and a person in one home.
- McCain: How did military bomb end up in Arizona scrap yard? Updated: Sep-24-15 7:05 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - U.S. Sen. John McCain wants the Department of Defense to explain how a 500-pound military bomb wound up in a scrap yard, where it partially exploded and killed an employee trying to cut into it.
- New Hampshire man recalls Taiwan fire: It was instantaneous Updated: Sep-22-15 5:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire man recovering at home from serious burns suffered in a water park explosion in Taiwan says support from his family and friends have kept him going as he thinks about that June day the flammable powder blew up over a stage.
- City says neighborhood remains evacuation after blast Updated: Sep-22-15 4:54 pm
WAXAHACHIE, Texas - Officials say an evacuation order remains in place for a North Texas neighborhood a day after an explosion destroyed a house and left a sister and brother hospitalized.
- 'Improvised explosive devices' blamed in blast that hurt boy Updated: Sep-22-15 4:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Newly released court records say a Topeka car explosion that severely injured a 4-year-old boy also peeled back the vehicle's metal roof.
- Death toll in Czech ammunition plant explosion reaches 3 Updated: Sep-22-15 9:39 am
PRAGUE - An official says rescue workers have recovered two more bodies from the site of a gunpowder explosion that rocked an ammunition plant in the Czech Republic.